• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The League Season 6 |OT| P in the V goes in the #EBDB

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought it was a great start, Kevin always makes me laugh so the combine bit was great. Teflandre was a nice change of pace for him, I'm sure it will all come crashing down in some spectacular way but enjoying him getting the laugh last for now.

Street golf da best
iJMkC7i6EZach.gif

New episode tonight:
Tefl-Andre

Kevin is diagnosed with low testosterone and no one is surprised; Jay Glazer does Andre a huge favor; all the while, Ruxin interferes with baby Geoffrey's little league team.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
Juiced Geoffrey was pretty amusing, and everything Rob Huebel was great. That dude is scarily dependable.

The scene with baby Geoffrey and ruxin in his bedroom was fantastic.

(Unnaturally deep voice for a 8 year old) Get out of my room, Dad!

UberTag

Haven't been keeping tabs on this in recent seasons.
Has everyone had a turn winning the Shiva trophy yet?

RangersFan

I wish they continued the tefl-andre bit a little longer throughout the season. We're due for a rafi appearance soon.

TripOpt55

Yeah I wouldn't have minded a bit more Teflandre. It was really fun. The guy describing the wine was amazing this episode.

Jay was great and Andre slam coach. Yeah, too bad its over so soon for him. I would have like that bit to last a bit longer.

The testosterone subplot was fun.

New episode tonight:
The Height Supremacist

Pete requires help from TacoCorp; Ellie invites Darren Sproles to a dance; Andre faces punishment; Jenny's employing height discrimination in her team selections.

Great Jenny episode. Even good people can be unintentionally _____-list against people.

Cross dressing Andre was something else. Dude went all out for that.

And Ruxin via Skype on the iPad worked out well for this episode. It seemed to me like a direct comment to us, the audience, that Nick Krill has his own show on Comedy Central and some other movie he's working on, so his time will be limited for awhile. It'll be interesting to see how he is further incorporated.

SuperPac

Rafi and Randy are great supporting characters but I'm just gonna say it - I haven't liked the episodes where they are the central characters or the only story. Yeah I think that's only 2 episodes including this one but still. Probably not a popular opinion but I might skip out this week.

Last year's Rafi and Randy episode was hilarious, so I'm up for another one. It would get tiresome if that's all the show focused on, but one episode per season seems about right.

Last year's Rafi and Randy episode was hilarious, so I'm up for another one. It would get tiresome if that's all the show focused on, but one episode per season seems about right.

Agreed. Last year's Rafi/Randy episode was so good. I hope this one is just as great.

Rafi and Randy are great supporting characters but I'm just gonna say it - I haven't liked the episodes where they are the central characters or the only story. Yeah I think that's only 2 episodes including this one but still. Probably not a popular opinion but I might skip out this week.
I'm with you, I like the other characters more. This one got a few laughs out of me but I swear I sit there waiting to laugh more often than laughing. Ah well...

Xevren

Yeah last years was hilarious. I kinda chuckled tonight but it was not even close as good as last years unfortunately.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
Lizzy Caplan's fictional return was hilarious. I thought a fair amount of that episode was good. All in all, a better hit/miss ratio for jokes than the series average.

Clean shaven Jason Mantzoukas is terrifying.

I take it this is the part of production when Nick Kroll is focused on his own show, which always seems odd because Scheer and Duplass never seem to have scheduling problems and they're plenty busy.

Also, I think I just realized that David Krumholtz is not in fact a Thomas Ian Nicholas who's packed on some pounds.

These episodes of Rafi and Randy are terrible. Last year's turned my gf and I from watching any of the rest of the season and this year's was even worse. Not funny at all and it's about two characters I don't care about at all.

Shut the TV off ten minutes into the episode and went to bed. They need to stop with these dumb episodes.

These episodes of Rafi and Randy are terrible. Last year's turned my gf and I from watching any of the rest of the season and this year's was even worse. Not funny at all and it's about two characters I don't care about at all.

Shut the TV off ten minutes into the episode and went to bed. They need to stop with these dumb episodes.

your loss as you missed a fantastic finale last season

I couldn't be further on the opposite end of the spectrum from you. That last Rafi and Randy episode is probably my most watched episode of the League. Can't wait to see this new one. How do you not care about Rafi? He's the most amazing character on this show by far, and Dirty Randy is easily the best role that Seth Rogan has ever had (not that that's saying much).

I'm not saying I dislike any of the other characters, but Rafi is the bomb.

I couldn't be further on the opposite end of the spectrum from you. That last Rafi and Randy episode is probably my most watched episode of the League. Can't wait to see this new one. How do you not care about Rafi? He's the most amazing character on this show by far, and Dirty Randy is easily the best role that Seth Rogan has ever had (not that that's saying much).

I'm not saying I dislike any of the other characters, but Rafi is the bomb.

tumblr_n5wsotIRQi1r2kn3co1_500.gif

I might be one of the few that don't like when the episode is just Randy and Rafi. I just thought the episode was ok. It had some funny moments but I like it so much better when they are side characters and not the main focus of the episode.

Lach

I really didn't like Rafi when I first watched through the show. But on my second go I started to love him! Haven't seen last nights ep yet....

I think you guys who don't like Rafi need to understand that 99% of his dialogue is improvised. Literally the only thing written on the scripts about Rafi's scenes is "Rafi enters." Whatever he says is Jason Mantzoukas' brilliant improv mind.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom