• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The League Season 6 |OT| P in the V goes in the #EBDB

Status
Not open for further replies.

RangersFan

i was surprised at the harvin joke. thought this was filmed a while ago

I've noticed that all the bar scenes and game day scenes in kevin's living room have the characters reference recent NFL news. I would imagine most episodes are filmed long ago and and they leave spots to be filled in. They film the bar scenes close to air so they could have current events in each episode.

I've noticed that all the bar scenes and game day scenes in kevin's living room have the characters reference recent NFL news. I would imagine most episodes are filmed long ago and and they leave spots to be filled in. They film the bar scenes close to air so they could have current events in each episode.

I was gonna call shenanigans on the Percy Harvin trade to the Jets joke. Your idea is plausible. That will be something I'll have to go back and check.

The elevator bit with Andre and the cat was great because of how it was set up and the way it tied back to the lawyer being confused about the suicide stuff.

Mark Duplass, cast the actress as Heather to pretty much look like Jenny, who is his real life, wife. Even the affect and mannerisms were the same as Katie Aselton.

I'm really impressed that they kept Bobby Lee quiet for the majority of the episode.

New episode tonight:
EBDBBnB

Ruxin is appalled by his co-worker's personal hygiene; Pete shares a trait with Andre and is desperate to keep it a secret; Andre and Taco each urge the rest of the group to watch football at their new buildings

Finally caught the latest episode. May have been the best of this kinda mediocre season. And finally they let Taco sing again. Why they waited this long I'll never know.

New episode tonight:
Menage a Cinq

Taco finds a new strain of marijuana; Andre tries to control Pete's relationship with one of his patients; Trixie Von Stein's return complicates Russell and Andre's already competitive relationship

Ah, that's right. Here's #2:

The Beach House

There is more at stake this year than just the Shiva; Ted's beach house is also up for grabs; Ruxin tries to impress an agent; Jenny has grown attached to the Shiva

TripOpt55

Yeah definitely a strong way to end the season. Both eps were very good. I can't say I thought a lot of the season as a whole though looking back.

- 'The League' Renewed by FXX for 13-Episode Seventh & Final Season
FXX’s hit comedy series The League will return for its seventh and final season with 13 episodes in the fall of 2015, it was announced today by Nick Grad and Eric Schrier, Presidents of Original Programming, FX Networks and FX Productions. The League, which just completed its sixth season, was created by the husband-and-wife team of Jeff Schaffer (Curb Your Enthusiasm, Seinfeld) and Jackie Marcus Schaffer (Disturbia, Eurotrip) who serve as executive producers and directors. The series is produced by FX Productions.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
nooooo last season :(

had a great run, though. hopefully paul scheer and jason mantzoukas get a lot of work afterwards.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
Hmm, seems right to finish it with the next season. It got a bit stale. Ruxin better be in the whole ting this time

Kroll Show is done as well, so hopefully he doesn't arrange another scheduling conflict and can commit to the full season.

yodandy

Just caught the finale, loved it, the Mike Pereira segment was great. I do not think this show has gotten stale, but I do think they are getting more over the top each season, and resorting to grosser and grosser humor.

Raffi in small doses is just amazing. "Brian, just SMELL this gas, it's HILARIOUS".

TripOpt55

Going to bump this up. Anyone watch the premiere?

I thought it was pretty good. I loved the opening riff on the end of the Superbowl. Rafi's entrance into the episode was also hilarious.

It was ok. I've lost interest in the show over the years as a lot of it seems repetitive this far into the series. The opening bit was pretty funny.

Going to bump this up. Anyone watch the premiere?

I thought it was pretty good. I loved the opening riff on the end of the Superbowl. Rafi's entrance into the episode was also hilarious.

holy shit, didn't even know it started.

fantastic. will watch this weekend.

Corpekata

Banned
Finally dipping into season 6. It kinda sucks?

I dunno, I feel like the situations they're doing are feeling really forced and contrived. And the constant attempts to create catch phrases are cringe worthy. And they're leaning way harder into the cameos and football references. One of the strengths of the early seasons was that it was mostly watchable without giving a shit about football, but more and more it's not.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
I thought the last episode had at least one inspired scene, with Rafi viewing the draft like a slave auction.

The League's rarely been a show that delivers fully fantastic episodes. I mostly view it as a funny, easy to watch diversion. Like hanging out with okay friends.

It has suffered a bit in falling into the trap of successful shows finding it easier to attract to attract bigger talent/celebrities/athletes and over-indulging. It's one of those 'just because you can, doesn't mean you should' situations that many shows fall into.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom