• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The League Season 6 |OT| P in the V goes in the #EBDB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vert boil

Check www.getfxx.com to see what channel FXX is on.

Season 5 dvd is out now and it's on Netflix as well.

banner0mrnm.jpg

Thirteen episode season.
Starts Wednesday, September 3rd. 10/9c on FXX.

The League follows a group of old friends in a fantasy football league who care deeply about one another - so deeply that they use every opportunity to make each other's lives miserable. The League features an ensemble cast of rising actors/comedians. Stephen Rannazzisi (Paul Blart: Mall Cop) is "Kevin," a happily married father and commissioner of the league. Katie Aselton (Black Rock) plays "Jenny," Kevin's wife and his better half - especially when it comes to Fantasy Football. Mark Duplass (Tammy) plays "Pete," the perennial league champ who is struggling to become an adult. Jon Lajoie is "Taco," Kevin's little brother, a part-time musician and full-time stoner with little interest in fantasy other than hanging with his buddies (whom he struggles to remember). Nick Kroll (Kroll Show) plays "Ruxin," who believes he is the smartest of the group but can't figure out how exactly the other guys are screwing him over. "Andre," played by Paul Scheer (NTSF:SD:SUV), has continued to be the punching bag of the group since their high school days - a fact that hasn't changed despite the fact he is now a successful plastic surgeon. The League was created by the husband-and-wife team of Jeff Schaffer (Curb Your Enthusiasm, Seinfeld) and Jackie Marcus Schaffer (Disturbia, Eurotrip) who serve as executive producers and directors. The series is produced by FX Productions.

Episode 1 - Sitting Shiva
Kevin struggles with being married to the Shiva champ. Andre's new found confidence is unbearable. Taco hits the links. The guys attend a funeral.

Episode 2 - Tefl-Andre
Jay Glazer does a big favor for Andre, Kevin is diagnosed with Low T, Ruxin meddles with Baby Geoffrey's Little League team.

Episode 3 - The Height Supremacist
Andre gets punished by the rest of the League, Jenny picks her team based on height, Ellie invites Darren Sproles to a dance, Pete needs the help of TacoCorp.

Episode 4 - When Rafi Met Randy
Rafael and Randall meet in a mental institution. Written by Jason Mantzoukas & Seth Rogen.

Episode 5 - The Hot Tub
Kevin and Jenny get a hot tub, Taco shops for a new home, Pete tries to put an end to hand holding.

Episode 6 - Breast Awareness Month
Andre uses Breast Cancer Awareness Month as an excuse to wear pink. Taco starts his own Charity. Kevin has a run in with his doctor.

Episode 7 - The Heavenly Fowler
Andre rescues a cat. Pete has to choose between a great prank and a great girl (Anna Camp). Kevin plays basketball with his priest (Jerry O'Connell).

Episode 8 - Man Land
Jenny 's dad (Corbin Bernsen) takes the guys camping. Andre and Russell go into business together. Pete's new team name offends Kevin who refuses to say it.

Episode 9 - Taco Standard Time
Taco takes on the end of Daylight Savings Time. The guys try to help Lane (Zach Woods) during a difficult time. Andre and his cat M'Lady are on the rocks.

Episode 10 - Epi Sexy
Pete is dating a girl who has seizures during sex, Andre starts wearing glasses, Taco's frittata friend (Bobby Lee) teaches Jenny to cook.

Episode 11 - EBDBBnB
Taco and Andre both want the guys to watch football at their new establishments. Pete tries to hide something he has in common with Andre. Ruxin is disgusted by his co-worker's hygiene habits.

Episode 12 - Menage a Cinq
Taco finds a new strain of marijuana; Andre tries to control Pete's relationship with one of his patients; Trixie Von Stein's return complicates Russell and Andre's already competitive relationship

Episode 13 - The Beach House
There is more at stake this year than just the Shiva; Ted's beach house is also up for grabs; Ruxin tries to impress an agent; Jenny has grown attached to the Shiva

Cast,
Katie Aselton as Jenny MacArthur
Mark Duplass as Peter "Pete" Eckhart
Nick Kroll as Rodney Ruxin
Jon Lajoie as Taco MacArthur
Stephen Rannazzisi as Kevin MacArthur
Paul Scheer as Dr. Andre Nowzick

Some kid as Chalupa Batman MacArthur
Adam Brody as Ted
Alina Foley as Ellie
Janina Gavankar as Shiva
Adam Karchmer as Baby Geoffrey
Jason Mantzoukas as Rafi
Nadine Velazquez as Sofia

Guests stars,
Anna Camp (True Blood) as Penny, an animal groomer who is dating Pete
Jerry O'Connell
June Diane Raphael
Rob Riggle
Seth Rogen as Randall

NFL peeps,
Jordan Cameron
Jay Glazer
Cameron Jordan
JJ Watt

Media,
Eskimo Brothers: The Official Music Video
Season 6 cast photos
The League (Original Soundtrack)
Trailers/promos: 'First hit', Watching Tape, Ruxin's Ready, Homage

Links,
The League site
The League tumblr
The League twitter
Youtube channel
Wikipedia
Old threads: S5, S4, S3, S2, S1

1002tsk6.png
footer100g6qgm.jpg

AwesomeSauce

MagsMoonshine
Gotta catch up on Season 5. I was hoarding episodes of it to binge watch, then my DVR's hard drive decided to die :/ Thank you Netflix for coming through!

Tucah

you speak so well
This show's usually a fun time, glad it's almost back. Pretty excited for (spoiler from episode descriptions from OP)
another Dirty Randy/Rafi episode.

Petrie

Banned
I'm hoping the show features a bit more fantasy shenanigans this season. I thought it was at its best when plotlines centered more around that than the random tangents.

The switch to FXX kinda killed the fun for me last year. Everyone in our group is in the same Fantasy Football League and The League was our show we talked about the next day since the show began. Last year half the people in our group didn't have FXX so the discussion around the show the next day sucked. I think most of them have the channel now so I'm hoping the next day discussion is back to previous levels.

I didn't realize this was starting up so soon. The show has lost a little bit of steam, but it's still hilarious when it gets rolling. Looking forward to the new season.

New episode tonight:
Sitting Shiva

While Taco hits the links, Kevin struggles with Jenny's Shiva Bowl victory; Andre's new sense of self becomes insufferable; the group attends a funeral.

RangersFan

Mantzoukas, Scheer, and Rannazzisi were on the Wrap Up Show yesterday and today. So great, can't wait till tonight. I still wonder if Rafi's future we saw last season will really happen.

SuperPac

Can't wait! I hope they're gonna sell the Season Pass on iTunes... although, I really wish FX would stop throwing trailers for their other shows on the beginning of a show I'm paying for. :'(

It wasn't the most hilarious episode I've seen but I'm so glad The League is back.

Now the wait for football. Cuz everyone knows football and The League go well hand in hand.

Sai-kun

Banned
Pete top, Kevin bottom!

So psyched that this is back, didn't realize it was starting! Gonna have to watch it tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom