• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

1080p 60fps direct-feed of KIRBY AND THE RAINBOW CURSE -- dat clay-mation, dat music

Neiteio

Courtesy of GameXplain -- remember, you have to use Google Chrome and toggle on the 1080p 60fps option.

There are more videos at GameXplain's channel. The video I linked is an early level.

The animation and music is SO GOOD. And the gameplay is so clever, too! But that was to be expected from a sequel to Canvas Curse. :)

My only concern is whether I will need to look at the shitty GamePad screen to play. I just want to look at my HDTV.

Also, the game has a model viewer. Just a reminder of this critical feature.

EDIT: BOSS BATTLE

Azuardo

Isn't the game 30fps to give that slightly jittery claymation look?

Would viewing in 60fps make a difference? *isn't too well informed on it*

Ridley327

Isn't the game 30fps to give that slightly jittery claymation look?

Would viewing in 60fps make a difference? *isn't too well informed on it*

No, the game is still 60 fps. The animations update at a lower framerate to preserve the look, a la Guilty Gear Xrd and Rock Band.

kunonabi

Goddamn, game looks amazing. Loving the music and going for 100%, ranks, and clear times looks like it could be really fun.

Ansatz

This video convinced me to day 1 the thing. It seems like the levels are more elaborate and better structured than in Canvas Curse.

Another must-have WiiU title.
Man, that looks fantastic and it seems to be played pretty clever too.
Is it 720p or 1080p?

EU release date now! :(

I'm also curious if Yoshi U will top this (graphics wise).

Who's composing this music! O_O. This sounds straight out of SNES days
This game look so good especially in 60 fps. I might have to bite on this game for sure now. The DS game was such a nice shock

Shin-Ra

Looks like upscaled 720p but as theres little aliasing to speak of it's not so obvious in YouTube®Vision.

braves01

Banned
I knew it looked good, I knew it played well (since Canvas Curse was legit), but my ears weren't ready for that unexpectedly pleasant music.

Amneisac

I love the way it looks and sounds, but I'm not sure I actually think the gameplay looks fun. I loved Epic Yarn, though I have to admit that was my first and only Kirby game I've played.

Fireblend

Banned
Not feeling the music that much... what's wrong with me? D:

Guess I was expecting something more along the lines of Triple Deluxe, which had an outstanding OST.

The rest of the game though... wow. Day 1.

The game looks amazing, but if theres one complaint I have its that there's no option to use the tv and you have the gamepad exclusively, unless I'm misinformed?

Zarovitch

It look good.

I love the way it looks and sounds, but I'm not sure I actually think the gameplay looks fun. I loved Epic Yarn, though I have to admit that was my first and only Kirby game I've played.

Talking about epic Yarn, i never play it, this should be one of the next Wii game on eShop.

fhqwhgads

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4dQRYCJv9v0
The boss fight theme is even better.
However, there's something curious here.
This is different than the Whispy Woods fight in the reveal trailer, right? Does that mean he's going to be a recurring boss or is the game going to pull a Super Mario 3D Land on us? Correct me if I'm talking nonsense

Ridley327

The game looks amazing, but if theres one complaint I have its that there's no option to use the tv and you have the gamepad exclusively, unless I'm misinformed?

You could potentially get good enough to never look down, but the gameplay in this and Canvas Curse relies on having direct input with a touch screen, so it's unavoidable.

Ansatz

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4dQRYCJv9v0
The boss fight theme is even better.
However, there's something curious here.
This is different than the Whispy Woods fight in the reveal trailer, right? Does that mean he's going to be a recurring boss or is the game going to pull a Super Mario 3D Land on us? Correct me if I'm talking nonsense

The various sound effects you hear loud and clear before the actual fight are absolutely phenomenal. So very Japanese and arcady.

Neiteio

It displays on the TV and the GamePad, but most people will probably have to look at the GamePad most of the time in order to control Kirby. Although you might be able to learn the game via muscle memory, which I did with a number of Nintendo Land games.

Top Bottom