• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Apr |OT| Presented By Unicef and Feed The Children, Fuk Yo Hunger Clown.

"...arguably the best trio to ever play the game of basketball..." -Wade

So much more offensive than, "...not 1, not 2, not 3..." imo.

showtime-lakers.jpg

tumblr_ljkwc021wn1qzocdro1_500.jpg

bleacher_display_image.jpg

So, another big win for Lakers last night. Lakers defense seems to have cleaned up a bit after that phoenix debacle.

ron has been consistent, all of a sudden. Maybe Kobe comes back in like '01 after watching the team play and decides to come in to really play within the flow. If he's fine, with production like this from MVVP and Sessions in the fold, Lakers have the potential to make noise.

Barnes was great last night too. Wish Pau got up more than 13 shots, then again he did turn it over a lot trying to score. If they can just win a few more and lock up the 3rd seed early so they could rest..

thekad

Banned
Rockets really fucked up. The Lakers are probably the only upper seed team they don't get swept by. Hell, that series could go 7.

So, another big win for Lakers last night. Lakers defense seems to have cleaned up a bit after that phoenix debacle.

ron has been consistent, all of a sudden. Maybe Kobe comes back in like '01 after watching the team play and decides to come in to really play within the flow. If he's fine, with production like this from MVVP and Sessions in the fold, Lakers have the potential to make noise.

Barnes was great last night too. Wish Pau got up more than 13 shots, then again he did turn it over a lot trying to score. If they can just win a few more and lock up the 3rd seed early so they could rest..

Did you see Coach K
B
sitting in the Phil Jackson high chair? I thought that was hilarious.

Did you see Coach K
B
sitting in the Phil Jackson high chair? I thought that was hilarious.

lol, yeah. Old crotchety Kobe is most fun Kobe.

Kuester fucked up early last night playing Murphy over McBobs against Faried. Why you would defend a super athlete always active dude like Faried with the slowest man on Earth is beyond my comprehension. Not even brown would do that........I think.

Speaking of Faried, what is his ceiling?

lol, yeah. Old crotchety Kobe is most fun Kobe.

Kuester fucked up early last night playing Murphy over McBobs against Faried. Why you would defend a super athlete always active dude like Faried with the slowest man on Earth is beyond my comprehension. Not even brown would do that........I think.

Speaking of Faried, what is his ceiling?

Faried is like a DragonBall Z character that didn't quite make the cut.

Canuck76

Banned
1992 Blazers were so fiyah.

Porter
Drexler
Kersey
Williams
Duckworth

sixth man Cliff Robertson...

They would have chipped if not for Jazzy Jeffrey.

Looking back Jeffery was on fire. 37pts average in a season? Crazy. I love Drexler think he was the second best SG for that era, but it's no competition with Jeffery.

charsace

The '99 lockout season. Where a Ewing-less Knicks Eastern Conference Champion team happens. Such a disgrace.

Shut the fuck up and show respect, LJ punkbitch.

One of my all time favorite players. Back was shot to shit so he reinvented his game and turned into a good sf who could post and stretch the floor with the 3 ball. And has more kids than Kemp and Malone combined. Motherfucking LJ, 4 point play and pumped out two basketball teams worth of kids!

h3ro

Shut the fuck up and show respect, LJ punkbitch.

One of my all time favorite players. Back was shot to shit so he reinvented his game and turned into a good sf who could post and stretch the floor with the 3 ball. And has more kids than Kemp and Malone combined. Motherfucking LJ, 4 point play and pumped out two basketball teams worth of kids!

Let's not forget that Chris Childs was the original JR. Loved that team.

ron has been consistent, all of a sudden. Maybe Kobe comes back in like '01 after watching the team play and decides to come in to really play within the flow. Maybe Kobe comes back in like '01 after watching the team play and decides to come in to really play within the flow. If he's fine, with production like this from MVVP and Sessions in the fold, Lakers have the potential to make noise.

untitled-5vtj0j.gif

charsace

Let's not forget that Chris Childs was the original JR. Loved that team.

I loved watching Childs, Houston, LG, Spree on the court together, running and gunning.

I love how old Kobe's game is modeled after Houston's game, especially his post game.

lakers16.jpg

I really hope it's Knicks-Heat in the East. That is the best 1st round matchup followed by Boston-Orlando (which isn't likely and depending on Dwight playing).

Heat-Knicks would be fun, imo. And if Amar'e plays and isn't terrible, could be a competitive series. Chandler plays D well on the Heat and Melo, finally in rhythm, usually plays lebron well.

The Knicks will lose in 4 games to either the Bulls or Heat

With the way the Heat are playing and Bosh is playing, and the supporting cast is playing, I think Knicks have a better shot at a competitive series than philly.

Philly might get the Heat going, again. Knicks do play defense, fwiw, and would make it tougher on the Heat.

Our schedule is piss easy.

We will end up the 7th seed and once again be the Heat's personal slumpbusters.

It's all we are good for.

I hope the Bucks and Knicks win out to stop the cycle.

But they won't.

Knicks could annoy the Heat but please no more of this "with what they are doing right now" stuff.

what happens in a playoff series has absolutely nothing to with the regular season

The Knicks will have a more competitive series than the 76ers (the 76ers will probably give up after the first two losses and then the only interesting aspect of the last two games will be seeing if Evan Turner murders Doug Collins), but they haven't won a playoff game in forever and they're pretty terrible offensively.

The Knicks will have a more competitive series than the 76ers (the 76ers will probably give up after the first two losses and then the only interesting aspect of the last two games will be seeing if Evan Turner murders Doug Collins), but they haven't won a playoff game in forever and they're pretty terrible offensively.

last year they did win game 4 against miami though they could have flat out given up
although this time they probably will just be like fuck it

I just hope we continue to shit the bed.

I got us going 4-3 on these last 7

The Knicks going 3-4

and the Bucks going 4-3.

It's just by records of the other teams of course so someone could always randomly lose to the Wizards and the Bobcats could troll the Knicks in the season ender.

I hope Turner punches Doug. Lou retires to pursue his rap career. Jrue continues to not give any fucks. and Brand has a Danny Glover moment. Then we go like 2-5.

The basketball gods need to save us from ourselves.

The Knicks offensive numbers are completely unreliable because they've not had their rotation set all year due to injuries. And by "set," I also mean players like Melo playing hurt and out of rhythm.

Knicks offense in their last 10 has been decent and better than Miami's over that span.

Knicks also can shoot the 3 ball, which is Miami's achilles' heel on D.

thekad

Banned
I would hope they've been better than the Heat over the last 10 games. Bosh has been horrific, the rotation's been constantly changing, and Wade's been in and out.

Spoelstra should be starting every game with 5 straight Bosh isos.

Knicks could annoy the Heat but please no more of this "with what they are doing right now" stuff.

what happens in a playoff series has absolutely nothing to with the regular season

i don't think it's that simple. It's not that the heat are losing, is that they're losing because their offense kind of sucks. And it's not because of Lebron/Wade despite their close game ending struggles.

Problem is, in a tough scheduled short season, the role players seem to have worn down.

Miami since the all-star game are scoring almost 9 less ppg on 0.5 MORE shots per game! They're getting more shots and scoring less. Their FG%, 3 pt %, and foul rates have dropped. But Lebron/Wade have held steady, in this regard. The problem is haslem, battier, miller all look remotely done on offense and Chalmers hit a brick wall.

the Heat supporting cast can't continue to be this bad if they expect to win it all. I wouldn't worry about Lebron/Wade being worse now if that were the case, but their 4-8 guys look to be in trouble.

This doesn't worry you?

Top Bottom