• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Playoffs |OT| Tanks for the Memories

Status
Not open for further replies.

Emwitus

No they've had some stinkers against good offensive teams with those guys there. Hell even Boston sent them out. I think they're worse defensively this season to tell you the truth. I don't know they just haven't looked as soul crushing. Maybe because last season they got better as it went on where as this season they seemed to have gotten a bit bored.

And Diehard Melo had a 48 pt game or somewhere around there. They lost because he had a crap team. Dude turned in good performances on O all the games i watched.

Uh, they lost to celtics last season too and look what happened in the playoffs. The regular season, especially the end, means zilch in the playoffs for the heat. Wade and Bosh were worn out and lebron was the only reliable player towards the end. I don't expect the same for the playoffs. And having battier alone makes them a better defensive team than last season.

diehard

Fleer
And Diehard Melo had a 48 pt game or somewhere around there. They lost because he had a crap team. Dude turned in good performances on O all the games i watched.

so you watched one game? he put up numbers shooting 37.5%

He's a scorer who shoots 41.9% in the playoffs.

Canuck76

Banned
The Maloofs would love to take them to Las Vegas, but I'm guessing Anaheim.

Why Anaheim? Aren't there enough Cali teams? Isn't LA close?

Isn't it all just one smog filled, wasteland full of overweight chicanas?

Take it back to where people still hoop, and the mountains are white, where the hipsters will always call home.

Bring back the ......

images

SoulPlaya

more money than God

Take it back to where people still hoop, and the mountains are white, where the hipsters will always call home.

Bring back the ......

images
I say Anaheim because that seems to be where they are looking to go, according to reports. Shit, Seattle deserves an NBA team, though.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Metta WorldPeace ‏ @MettaWorldPeace Reply Retweet Favorite · Open

I'm out socially right now..Lots of girls.. Just conversation.. But they scared to sit next to me.The afraid of my elbows.Not a good feeling

lol

Alrix

Bring back the ......

images

They tried to move to Anaheim last year didn't they? Would be sweet if they revived the Sonics though.

As a side note, I also want to see the New Orleans Jazz and Charlotte Hornets back. I'm also not crazy about the Clippers sharing a building/city with the Lakers but that's different.

http://espn.go.com/dallas/ncb/story/_/id/7864558/larry-brown-tells-several-smu-mustangs-players-team

DALLAS -- Several SMU players have been informed by new coach Larry Brown that they will not remain on the team.

SMU athletic director Steve Orsini said Friday night that Brown, the Hall of Fame coach hired last week, conducted an evaluation of the roster and held individual meetings with players. While not saying how many or which players wouldn't stay on the team, Orsini referred to "these young men" in his statement released by the school.

Starting point guard Jeremiah Samarrippas told the school's student newspaper that Brown basically told him that he "wasn't good enough to play for him."

I say he's out within a year.

lol I would love to see who the fuck he thinks he's getting

Jazz would be a better name for Nola than Utah, but it's Utah's name. End of story.

Charlotte should get Hornets back, if Nola goes with a new name.

exarkun

http://espn.go.com/dallas/ncb/story/_/id/7864558/larry-brown-tells-several-smu-mustangs-players-team

I say he's out within a year.

lol I would love to see who the fuck he thinks he's getting

my SMU peeps told me its seven players. He literally told two of them "What happened in that game (the one where they couldn't break 28 points)?". They said something to the effect that they didn't know and the coach kind of let them do their own thing. Apparently he said "Well we're doing things differently now and you will not be a part of it." The nice thing is, they get to keep their scholarships but will not be let into practice.

My friend works at a good sports agency as one of their lawyer bros, and said when larry got signed some of the sophomore's parents immediately reached out to ask what this could do for them. Its pretty crazy situation for the ones that got cut, but even crazier for the ones who are staying at shitty mid-level SMU and are suddenly getting coached by Larry Brown.

aznpxdd

Who else was Melo playing with last year? Who were the starting 4? Dude kept the knicks in that series, and came to close to stealing one once or twice.

They got swept....

Not trying to be a homer, but Kobe getting 3 wins vs. the Suns back in 06 with Smush & Kwame as starters would fit under "kept them in the series".

Canuck76

Banned
Being swept = "kept in the series"

If he doesnt go 5-18 with 5 TO's they win game 1.

Games would have been a complete blowout without Anthony. Who else was providing offense? Not to mention he had just been traded. He had two games over 30+pts. He's somebody that will put points up on the Heat.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Games would have been a complete blowout without Anthony. Who else was providing offense? Not to mention he had just been traded. He had two games over 30+pts. He's somebody that will put points up on the Heat.
Yeah, he kept them in each game of the sweep.

Every single one.

4-0

But he was there. Shooting in the gym.

diehard

Fleer

you fail to understand the basic concepts of basketball efficiency so there is no point in continuing this.

Doomsayer

Melo was great in games 2 and 4... 1 and 3 not so much.

He didn't keep them in the series, he kept them in the games. A totally different dynamic entirely.

That said the Knicks have potential to upset the Heat or at least scare them a little. It just depends on Amar'e. Good luck with that, Knicks.

DY_nasty

You guys just don't understand the importance of being the best player on a team that got swept.

You just don't get it.

Canuck76

Banned
you fail to understand the basic concepts of basketball efficiency so there is no point in continuing this.

Look it wasn't pretty but somebody has to take shots to win the game. The fact that he even made one of those games close is a relative miracle. Take him out and it's a double digit blow out every game.

I watched that 42pt game, he took it to overtime if my memory is correct. But just because it was a sweep doesn't mean he totally sucked every game. Chris paul's hornets lost to the Lakers last season. Does that mean he sucked that series? No dude was on fire.

Point is Anthony has brought it in the playoffs more often than not. Yeah he's had bad games but when it's you frigging toney douglas and jared jefferies your going to have a tough go of it. Pointing to that Boston series just goes to show he can play decently in the playoffs even when his team isn't so hot.

The M.O.B

2010 Heat that had Wade+scrubs even stole a game from the Celts in the playoffs and almost 2, Melo couldn't even manage one with the Celts being a year older? tsk tsk

DY_nasty

2010 Heat that had Wade+scrubs even stole a game from the Celts in the playoffs and almost 2, Melo couldn't even manage one with the Celts being a year older? tsk tsk
#realtalk

Even Bosh won a game flying solo.

Even VINCE won a game solo.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
Even Lebron got a couple of wins out of an over-the-hill Celtics team.

In Cleveland.

DY_nasty

Rookie Year Ben Gordon AKA Air Gordon had a greater impact on playoff series than Carmelo last year.

diehard

Fleer
Look it wasn't pretty but somebody has to take shots to win the game. The fact that he even made one of those games close is a relative miracle. Take him out and it's a double digit blow out every game.

I watched that 42pt game, he took it to overtime if my memory is correct. But just because it was a sweep doesn't mean he totally sucked every game. Chris paul's hornets lost to the Lakers last season. Does that mean he sucked that series? No dude was on fire.

Point is Anthony has brought it in the playoffs more often than not. Yeah he's had bad games but when it's you frigging toney douglas and jared jefferies your going to have a tough go of it. Pointing to that Boston series just goes to show he can play decently in the playoffs even when his team isn't so hot.

The fact is the Knicks probably win game one with no Carmelo in that series. One more win than they got with him.

Paul actually won games and put up a 67% TS, they arent even CLOSE to the same thing.

Point is Anthony has been swept 3 times and 3 more times only won 1 game, Shoots 3.7% worse while getting routinely lit up in the playoffs.

You go ahead and keep thinking he brings it or something though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom