• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin' |OT| Porsha! Get my damn shoe!

Evolve 41 tonight actually looks pretty decent:

EVOLVE 41
Friday, April 17th, 2015
Bell Time - 9pm EST
ACW KICKOFF! - 8pm
The Orpheum
1915 E. 7th Avenue
Ybor City, FL

Available on iPPV tonight at WWNLive.

The Main Event - 2/3 Falls - The Winner Will Get An EVOLVE Title Shot In The Future
Roderick Strong vs. Timothy Thatcher

Johnny Gargano vs. Davey Richards

Rich Swann vs. Ethan Page

Biff Busick vs. TJ Perkins

Rey Horus vs. DGUSA Open The United Gate Champion Caleb Konley w/ So Cal Val, Andrea & Su Yung

Martin Stone vs. DGUSA Open The United Gate Champion Anthony Nese w/ So Cal Val, Andrea & Su Yung

American Combat Wresting presents
ACW KICKOFF!

ACW Heavyweight Championship Match
Sean Swag w/ Dontay Brown defends vs. Jeff Boom w/ Mitch Mitchell

ACW Tag Team Championship Match
First Degree of D'Lo Jordan & Wayne Wonder w/ Aria Blake defend vs. The Celtic Sinners of Sideshow & CJ O'Doyle

ACW Light Heavyweight Championship Match
Jayson Falcone defends vs. Aaron Epic

Rhett Giddens w/ Dontay Brown vs. Kennedy Kendrick

Bucky Wells vs. Mitch Mitchell w/ Jeff Boom

I've never heard of American Combat Wrestling or any of these wrestlers on the ACW undercard. The draw of the show is the Roderick Strong vs. Timothy Thatcher 2/3 falls match.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Some people been getting down on wrasslin' lately but I wanted to turn the discussion in a different direction.

Hey Wrasslegaf - what's your definition of the worst time of fan to be around when watching wrestling, live or at a home? It shouldn't need to be said, but no jabs at people in our community, please.

For me it'd have to be the ex-wrestler who wants to tell you exactly how bad every single move is that they did, or throws out "oooh, that's not good. he was supposed to catch him there..." about 30 times per match. It's insufferable and I can't take it anymore!

The BEST fan to be around is a mark who thinks everything is legit. I just love the enthusiasm, I really do, and it's infectious.

What about you?

Aiii

So not worth it
It’s rare to see someone as comfortable doling out bruises as she is discussing the leisure habits of unicorns, but Divas like Kaitlyn don’t come around very often. Emerging in WWE as part of the infamous third season of WWE NXT — long before the brand grew into the WWE Network juggernaut it is today — Kaitlyn endeared herself to the WWE Universe with a quirky charm, winning the competition and joining the main roster in 2010.

Battling alongside and against her fellow “Chickbuster,” AJ Lee, Kaitlyn enjoyed an impressive Divas Championship reign before leaving WWE in early 2014. With WWE behind her, Kaitlyn launched her own clothing business, Celestial Bodiez, and began married life with her fellow fitness impresario PJ Braun, president of Prime Nutrition and Blackstone Labs.

One year later, WWE.com caught up with Kaitlyn to talk about life after WWE, her business pursuits, her favorite WWE memories and the power of “Booty Scrunch.”

http://www.wwe.com/inside/wwe-divas/kaitlyn-exclusive-interview-april-2015

ggnoobIGN

Banned
Some people been getting down on wrasslin' lately but I wanted to turn the discussion in a different direction.

Hey Wrasslegaf - what's your definition of the worst time of fan to be around when watching wrestling, live or at a home? It shouldn't need to be said, but no jabs at people in our community, please.

For me it'd have to be the ex-wrestler who wants to tell you exactly how bad every single move is that they did, or throws out "oooh, that's not good. he was supposed to catch him there..." about 30 times per match. It's insufferable and I can't take it anymore!

The BEST fan to be around is a mark who thinks everything is legit. I just love the enthusiasm, I really do, and it's infectious.

What about you?
People who wear wrestling shirts are the worst type to be around.

Fox318

What about you?
The best fan is a Cesaro fan

The worst fan is a Hayes fan.

Heroman

Banned

What about you?
The best fans are smarks
The worst fans are smarks

Sephzilla

Look who's back
BLwdRvU.gif

oXVTvdC.gif

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
SES' potential was never realized, imho. It's a shame, it could have been a lot more fun. For what it's worth, when they WERE there, it was good. And Punk did legitimately save Gallows' career. He was fucking Festus for life.

Browny

Banned
SES' potential was never realized, imho. It's a shame, it could have been a lot more fun. For what it's worth, when they WERE there, it was good. And Punk did legitimately save Gallows' career. He was fucking Festus for life.

Gallows lost so much weight in his time off, he looked like a monster(-in-waiting) when he was SES. Nice chokebomb too.

Edit:

And Serena was another missed opportunity - should have been in matches for a long time.

jmdajr

What about you?

Man some of my old friends were insufferable no matter what I was watching. Games, Movie, TV. It's like every single thing had to be Mystery Science Theater. So fucking annoying.

Praying for a return now.
Evolve 41 tonight actually looks pretty decent:
Cool to see Martin Stone getting another shot.
Being stereotypical, but being sandwiched between large gentlemen, or having their seat in your knees, is the worst. Personality wise, I've never had a problem at a show with the exception of a few sexist dicks.
People who wear wrestling shirts are the worst type to be around.
I'm wearing one in the office, right now. Come at me.

Man some of my old friends were insufferable no matter what I was watching. Games, Movie, TV. It's like every single thing had to be Mystery Science Theater. So fucking annoying.
I guess I am fortunate in that out of my circle of friends, the ones that like wrestling are pretty chill.

There was one guy who we don't associate with any more, who was annoying about it though. He'd think that he was important because he knew all of the indy flippy wrestlers. He was also a Cena fan, but he's a Cena fan just to be a Cena fan due to the IWC hating him.

Jay Lethal continues to be pretty impressive in his current ROH run. I hope he's able to do something bigger than that soon.

The worst fans to be around are the ones who want to take the attention away from the show. Chants that have nothing to do with whats going on, explaining that its fake and this is how they do it, yelling random garbage at wrestlers trying to get a reaction.

The last one lead to an extremely funny incident in 2003/4 when Ric Flair was wrestling a match and a 300 pound woman yelled that "Ric Flair is the fattest man alive" next to her 400 pound boyfriend. The whole section turned and stared at her.

Alucard

Banned
tumblr_nmxzmpFnGS1qdgfbso1_540.png

Who wants to see how this ends? Spoiler: Not very well.

Unrelated to Garbage stupidity. This is amazing.
tumblr_nmh7jxMXoo1qzhv3bo1_540.jpg

Idiotic dive to take.

That picture is freaking great. Rusev looks like the gorilla we imagine him to be.

Out of Korakuen Hall. In a word? Incredible. Loved every minute of it. I got some photos and vids, but I really wish I had taken my DSLR. I didn't bother because I thought they would confiscate it walking into the building, but no, other people had DSLR's and were using them just fine.

Watching Makabe and Ishii attempt to steam roll each other in person is just electric. Nakamura has more charisma in his little finger then half of the WWE roster has.

Yeah, I loved being there amongst that hot crowd. Anyone who says Japanese crowds are silent couldn't be more wrong. They were loud and damn happy to be there.

Sounds wicked. Lucky! This is on my bucket list.

Will this show be on NJPW World? Is it already? I'm on a Blackberry so can't check. And is the show done with commentary or in the house show style?

Kaladin

Going to a sold out NXT house show in Jacksonville, FL tomorrow night. Last time I went, I saw Neville vs Balor vs Itami. I know it won't be gold every time, but I'm looking forward to good stuff at least.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Nick Bockwinkel cuts such a heel promo on you, verbally destroys you in such a way that afterwards you're like, 'Maybe he's right.'

Sephzilla

Man, that credit card thread in OT....

There are a lot of people who can't seem to wrap their heads around the idea that people don't want to get involved in a business that's structured around getting you into debt.

Kaladin

There are a lot of people who can't seem to wrap their heads around the idea that people don't want to get involved in a business that's structured around getting you into debt.

While the business does tend to prey on the weak, having credit is very helpful if you know how to manage it.

Most people (including myself) have to learn that the hard way and go in debt.

iMax

Except having good credit is great. If you can manage money properly, having the banks swoon over you is a nice problem to have.

Whats everyone's opinion on Pipper? I watched the documentary for the first time on the network last night. Really want to rewatch They Live again. Great movie.

FyreWulff

I stay out of credit card threads now. I'm against credit cards because the industry is a fucking predator. I had a friend that worked for a bank and they built a skyscraper downtown entirely off credit card fees. She had to quit because she felt it was too depressing to work in a business that depends on people being fucked over.

The industry wouldn't be around if everybody was able to avoid fees, that's for sure.

Aiii

So not worth it
I have a Credit Card, but I'm in the minority on this side of the ocean.

Credit Card's are a very American thing, I'm not sure if you guys realise this, but most of the world operates almost fully on Debit Cards.

The whole Credit Rating system is weird too, you can loan money here just fine, your loans get registered so loan companies can see if you can pay for the loan your applying for or not. There's nothing to build up, just showing the bank what you earn, them checking what you owe elsewhere and then approving your loan or not.

jmdajr

Whats everyone's opinion on Pipper? I watched the documentary for the first time on the network last night. Really want to rewatch They Live again. Great movie.

I feel he was a great charismatic performer for his time. People hated the shit out of him. Those antics would never fly around today though.

iMax

I stay out of credit card threads now. I'm against credit cards because the industry is a fucking predator. I had a friend that worked for a bank and they built a skyscraper downtown entirely off credit card fees. She had to quit because she felt it was too depressing to work in a business that depends on people being fucked over.

The industry wouldn't be around if everybody was able to avoid fees, that's for sure.

I've had credit cards for many years and haven't paid a single penny the banks. Just pay them off every month and they'll fucking hate you for it.

Kaladin

WWE NXT will not be running the former ECW Arena next month. The company has released the holds they had requested for the venue.

I am told that WWE determined the venue was too small and are looking at larger venues in the area. There was discussion among NXT talents a few weeks back that the brand was looking at Temple University for NXT events in the city of Brotherly Love instead.

NXT = already bigger than your average indie.

I have a Credit Card, but I'm in the minority on this side of the ocean.

Credit Card's are a very American thing, I'm not sure if you guys realise this, but most of the world operates almost fully on Debit Cards.

One of my buddies was sent to Ireland for six months by his job. He said you had to carry cash around because people (ie girls) thought you were broke if you bought stuff with a card.

XenoRaven

You can use a debit card like a credit card and it will improve your credit score like a credit card would. It's probably not equivalent in terms of benefiting your score, but it helps. (edit: This is apparently wrong, and I am apparently stupid)

I used a debit card pretty much exclusively for over a decade. The only reason I use a credit card now is for bonuses and because I read somewhere that it's harder to get your money back if there's fraudulent charges on a debit card vs a credit card. I don't know if it's true, but I do prefer the idea of someone stealing a number that only racks up charges on a bill as opposed to the one that leads directly to the repository where I keep a significant portion of my money.

What about you?

The worst time is having family walk in while watching wwe from 2007 to 2011

DMczaf

Why would I pay in cash when I can use my card and get 3-5% cash back on that shit, and then just pay off my balance.

Fuck that shit! #Finances

Kaladin

You can use a debit card like a credit card and it will improve your credit score like a credit card would. It's probably not equivalent in terms of benefiting your score, but it helps.

I used a debit card pretty much exclusively for over a decade. The only reason I use a credit card now is for bonuses and because I read somewhere that it's harder to get your money back if there's fraudulent charges on a debit card vs a credit card. I don't know if it's true, but I do prefer the idea of someone stealing a number that only racks up charges on a bill as opposed to the one that leads directly to the repository where I keep a significant portion of my money.

Actually no, it doesn't. I used a bank debit card for years before getting into credit cards and my credit score was basically in the 500s, like I had no credit, even though I had a fully paid off student loan. Maybe a year or so after using credit cards and my credit score was up to the higher levels. I had to pull myself out of some debt with it, but not too much that it wasn't manageable on my own when I saw what I was doing. I'm all set when I want to buy a house now.

Top Bottom