• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 8 - Worksafe Wankers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dead Man

White crow is the best though, just saying.

Beerenberg.

bbHotTomatoSauce.jpg

Our family buys tomato sauce in these great big 2-3 litre bottles (not sure of actual volume) and we use them to refill the master-food squeeze bottle we have lying around. I don't even know what brand it is, but I'm fine with it.

Danoss

Our family buys tomato sauce in these great big 2-3 litre bottles (not sure of actual volume) and we use them to refill the master-food squeeze bottle we have lying around. I don't even know what brand it is, but I'm fine with it.

We do the same. Fountain is the brand that we use.

We used to do that too, but living alone now I don't use nearly as much sauce.

I was just reading that. It's amazing the lies the victims of conmen believe. Incredible story

I wanted to make a thing for AusGAFfers to log into an external site that we verify using our GAF accounts similar to how SomethingAwful does it a lot, but alas.. I cannot. If you are not logged in you cannot access people's profiles and that's the only real and safe way to do it.

The idea was to have a unique identifier on requesting to register that the site scrapes the member page looking for it but obviously since the profile pages are not public, I can't do that. I'm sure I could login with a dummy cookie on my account but I'd rather not get banned.

The idea was so the data could be updated and verified and so on easily and have the data be private to only AusGAF members and not in a shitty Google doc that people can't easily update and can fuck up other peoples data if the document on a whole is open to the public.

Fuck you Far Cry 3. I quit out of a mission and it booted me allllll the way back to my last save/checkpoint. So now I don't have that leopard pelt I hunted down 5 minutes ago before I stupidly decided to try a boat/bike race on the pos vehicles. >_<

jambo

Fuck you Far Cry 3. I quit out of a mission and it booted me allllll the way back to my last save/checkpoint. So now I don't have that leopard pelt I hunted down 5 minutes ago before I stupidly decided to try a boat/bike race on the pos vehicles. >_<

The game tells you that you can't save during missions and that if you quit without saving progress will be lost so... fuck yourself? =P

jambo

The Woolworths branded stuff tastes and smells the same as Masterfoods so I just get that now.

Rosella is still a notch above though.

Ventron

The best is a homemade tomato chutney thing.. but I have had Rosella forever :s

Same. I tried Heinz and Masterfoods but they just felt too much like a processed goo. Unfortunately now that I'm in America that's all you can get for "ketchup" here :(

The game tells you that you can't save during missions and that if you quit without saving progress will be lost so... fuck yourself? =P
It kicked me back way before the race started. I said yes to the fuckwit standing on the beach, remembered that the 4 wheeler drives like shit so I quit out, which kicked me to the nearest safehouse but without the last 30 minutes of gameplay taken into account. So it doesn't even save your progress before the mission.

So it is designed that I AM FORCED TO DO THE FUCKING RACE RATHER THAN LOSE ALL MY PROGRESS SINCE THE LAST SAVE POINT? Fucking terrible design.

4.45pm lunchtime, fuck yeah. Fried up some bacon and a sav on the bbq hotplate thing because our kitchen proper is out of action due to renovations.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
Shan, I had no idea you got a new job as an Apple technical service support person.

I totally just spoke to a Shan Shan.

Congrats!

jambo

It kicked me back way before the race started. I said yes to the fuckwit standing on the beach, remembered that the 4 wheeler drives like shit so I quit out, which kicked me to the nearest safehouse but without the last 30 minutes of gameplay taken into account. So it doesn't even save your progress before the mission.

So it is designed that I AM FORCED TO DO THE FUCKING RACE RATHER THAN LOSE ALL MY PROGRESS SINCE THE LAST SAVE POINT? Fucking terrible design.

You could probably get out of the vehicle and destroy it, which would fail the mission.

It is a bit odd that it didn't make a save as you accepted the new mission. I've had quite a few deaths (damn animals) and I've hardly lost any progress.

I also had a string of deaths where I just kept forgetting to save and would get eaten or drive off a cliff. It was just after I got a weapon slot upgrade as well, so every time I died I had to go back and re hunt the damn deer -_-

How do people even fall in with this guy? You're a genetically engineered super soldier who needs to borrow hundreds of thousands of dollars from me? Yeah that seems probable. Why didn't that guy who got his car stolen go to the police instead of some guy who wanted $75,000 for "high tech trackng equipment"? You can by a new car for less than that!! Even I'm not that gullible.

I think it is an oversight with the piddly side mission stuff, like the sniper challenge or race I was in. It should be an ambient thing rather than seperating you from the world.

Getting the 4 weapon upgrade pretty quickly! Just livid I had to go hunt cheetahs again. Also I just learnt that boars don't cone out until you reach a certain point in the story >_<

So little ammo you can carry :(

NM0dz

Neo Member
Not sure if this is where I should post, but does anyone here know why Aus/NZ didn't get Trine 2 or Mighty Switch Force on the Wii U shop? Seems weird to me...

senahorse

You could probably get out of the vehicle and destroy it, which would fail the mission.

It is a bit odd that it didn't make a save as you accepted the new mission. I've had quite a few deaths (damn animals) and I've hardly lost any progress.

I also had a string of deaths where I just kept forgetting to save and would get eaten or drive off a cliff. It was just after I got a weapon slot upgrade as well, so every time I died I had to go back and re hunt the damn deer -_-

I haven't had any issues with the save system either. Once I realised you get thrown back to the closest safe-house or tower I started running around unlocking them. Game is so much fun, one of my favourites of the year so far.

jambo

It's really grabbed me as well x3n05, even more so than Borderlands 2. Amazing sleeper hit.

Getting the 4 weapon upgrade pretty quickly! Just livid I had to go hunt cheetahs again. Also I just learnt that boars don't cone out until you reach a certain point in the story >_<

So little ammo you can carry :(

I got the 4 weapon slot upgrade pretty quick, just went hunting for an hour or so. I'm only 8-9 hours in and I already have a butt tonne of ammo, so maybe I just got lucky with animal encounters.

Clipper

Not sure if this is where I should post, but does anyone here know why Aus/NZ didn't get Trine 2 or Mighty Switch Force on the Wii U shop? Seems weird to me...

My guess is the publishers couldn't be bothered to pay the funds to have the games rated.

jambo

Did you really just call Far Cry 3 a sleeper hit?

Most people I know and people on GAF thought it wasn't going to be a good game. Yes Ubi advertised it a lot, but most of their pre-release stuff was all linear story crap and most people wrote it off.

I mean sleeper as in it getting 9s across the board. Maybe "surprise hit" is a better phrase.

NM0dz

Neo Member
My guess is the publishers couldn't be bothered to pay the funds to have the games rated.

Yeah, I'm thinking the same thing. Google results are turning up little to nothing, except that Trine 2 is coming out 'later'.

It's frustrating because Trine 2 keeps on appearing in the miiverse/wara wara thing but is unavailable in the shop and I'm looking for a solid download title to try out : /

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom