• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 8 - Worksafe Wankers

Status
Not open for further replies.
I need internet back so I can look at these awesome cod photos :(

Also when I say Far Cry 3 is awesomely terrible I mean if you love the jank you will love this. Plus finally puts RDR on the PC! My main complaint is that it sometimes comes across as a mishmash of other games. I'll be putting a good 25+ hours into it this week without a doubt.

Shaneus

Beerenberg.

bbHotTomatoSauce.jpg
That looks fucking incredible. I haven't had a pie or sausage roll for yonks, but I will buy some and that sauce very, very soon.

Supermarkets?

This is the only answer for tomato sauce. I much prefer it to our sauce (though sometimes I do get a good hankering for the sweeter, richer Australian alternative)

Also, sometimes this goes down a treat as well:
LhNMe.jpg

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
made myself a nice christmas purchase on amazon today, about $100

1 of An Idiot Abroad Box Set - Series 1 and 2 [Blu-ray][Region Free]
1 of Human Planet [Blu-ray][Region Free]
1 of The Office 10th Anniversary Edition - Complete Series 1 & 2 and the Christmas Specials [DVD]
1 of Hyperdrive - Series 1 & 2 Box Set [DVD]
1 of Sherlock - Series 1 and 2 Box Set [DVD]
1 of Red Dwarf: Series 1-8 [DVD] [1998]

made myself a nice christmas purchase on amazon today, about $100

1 of An Idiot Abroad Box Set - Series 1 and 2 [Blu-ray][Region Free]
1 of Human Planet [Blu-ray][Region Free]
1 of The Office 10th Anniversary Edition - Complete Series 1 & 2 and the Christmas Specials [DVD]
1 of Hyperdrive - Series 1 & 2 Box Set [DVD]
1 of Sherlock - Series 1 and 2 Box Set [DVD]
1 of Red Dwarf: Series 1-8 [DVD] [1998]

Good value! Did you also enjoy the Extra's and Lifes too short

Hai guis. What's going on in this thread?

I just worked out that by the time I'm able to send my future son down to the shops to buy me beer (not for drinking, I hate beer, I just buy it to support Australian businesses), I'll be 45 and it'll be the year 2031, by which time consoles will be a thing of the past and all the beer may have run out*

* May or may not be a true prediction

EDIT: My twitter is VKSCesar, in case you want it, and my PSN ID is VKSquirrel. I've forgotten my Wii/3DS friend codes because they're not simple-to-remember mnemonic devices, which is their primary failing.

Omikron

Being the husband of a kindergarten teacher is excellent, especially after they have events and she brings home all the left over cake.

I also feel slightly ill now.

Omikron

First Test against Sri Lanka: Omikron's preferred side.

Cowan
Warner
Watson
Clarke
Doolan
Hussey
Wade
Starc
Siddle
Lyon
Hilfenhaus / Bird / Johnson

I am fine with whoever really for that last bowling gig, I think Bird should be given a shot based on shield performances.

Yagharek

Hmm, I'd be looking at the following:

Cowan
Warner
Clarke
Hughes
Doolan
Hussey
Paine (not happening though, Wade will be here)
Lyon
Faulkner
Siddle
Johnson

Mainly a horses for courses selection. Bellerive is a tricky wicket.

Omni

Completely off topic, and excuse my French... but fuck telstra/Bigpond.

Having the fastest network in Australia means shit all when half the time it doesn't work. Even worse when it's a complete rip off ($100 for 15GB? Give me a break). Every god damn night that I want to go on the net it doesn't work. Full reception, more than 7GB of bandwidth left and it still doesn't want to load. (Wireless is the only option here)

Seriously considering going down to the telstra shop tomorrow and cancelling my two year contract.

Any other reliable ISPs out there?

Omikron

Hmm, I'd be looking at the following:

Cowan
Warner
Clarke
Hughes
Doolan
Hussey
Paine (not happening though, Wade will be here)
Lyon
Faulkner
Siddle
Johnson

Mainly a horses for courses selection. Bellerive is a tricky wicket.

I am not against your dropping of Watson in the slightest. He is hanging on just, will likely cash in against Sri Lanka at home.

Also, surely you would pick Bird at Bellerive? Faulkner has been just as good mind you, but batting behind Lyon is tough lol. ;) (I know you probably don't have them in order for the bowlers)

Yagharek

Faulkner is a bit of an all rounder and had the top wicket tally last season, did he not? I'd pick both if I could.

And yeah, my order is out. Johnson, Lyon and Siddle have all proven handy with the bat too.

My only real doubt is the openers. I think they might have to work together something special this series before its time to rethink. I don't know if I'd drop either of them, but I might reconsider their batting position.

Drop Watson? Man. Big call. He's obviously not 100%, but when he's on he's close to our best player.

I'd go:

Cowan
Hughes
Watson
Khawaja
Clarke
Huss
Wade
Johnson
Siddle
Starc
Lyon

Hilf twelth man

I'm not sure about the order of the tail end. I just put them in as bowlers.

Hughes comes in to replace Hussey when he retires. Probably not that far down the order as Huss is though

Yagharek

Dropping Warner is unlikely, even if he is hot and cold. I do like the idea of Khawaja and Hughes in the same side - I'm not convinced they were given enough time and they should have been introduced lower down the order. But I cant believe Watson is ever going to do much. He isnt good enough for number 3.

trinest

Completely off topic, and excuse my French... but fuck telstra/Bigpond.

Having the fastest network in Australia means shit all when half the time it doesn't work. Even worse when it's a complete rip off ($100 for 15GB? Give me a break). Every god damn night that I want to go on the net it doesn't work. Full reception, more than 7GB of bandwidth left and it still doesn't want to load. (Wireless is the only option here)

Seriously considering going down to the telstra shop tomorrow and cancelling my two year contract.

Any other reliable ISPs out there?

Pretty much anything but Telstra.

Omikron

Dropping Warner is unlikely, even if he is hot and cold. I do like the idea of Khawaja and Hughes in the same side - I'm not convinced they were given enough time and they should have been introduced lower down the order. But I cant believe Watson is ever going to do much. He isnt good enough for number 3.

Watson averaging 36 in test cricket is nowhere near good enough for no.3.

Yagharek

Watson averaging 36 in test cricket is nowhere near good enough for no.3.

Exactly. Mind you, there are a lot of people averaging poorly. I think the issue is he is a liability. Injured often, rarely gets centuries, and is getting older. Its better to get one of the younger players in and settled.

Omikron

BTW, I love Ric Finlay.

Ric Finlay @RicFinlay

. @0mikr0n "Jackson Bird's home and away bowling avgs?" one and a half seasons of Sheffield Shield, 42 wkts @ 16.19 at home, 38 @ 19.03 away

:)

Shaneus

Cosigned. I would eat that shit off a dwarfs hairy back right about now.
You have a kid! It's the perfect excuse.

I'd actually wager that my nephews are yet to experience fairy bread. Has to be with the round 100's & 1000's, though. Not those elongated fuckers.

These ones:
4Xcpj.jpg

Not these ones:
oVx5X.jpg

Like, as if you wouldn't sell a fuckload of them if you put them on a menu in a cafe or restaurant.

Rezbit

BTW, I love Ric Finlay.

:)

Bird NEEDS to be in the team next series. A much better option than Hastings, I'd rather 20 wickets than a bit extra batting any day of the week.

Having Starc and Johnson is redundant. Probably unlikely that both Hilf and Siddle will be in the same team also.

So I'd go for:

Bird (for control like a Philander type), Starc (lanky left armer), Hilfenhaus (your workhorse who can swing the ball- needs to get his pace back up though, otherwise put Siddle in), Lyon (well, he's really not going anywhere are this point). A bit of variety.

Oh, for Punter's replacement I'm pretty certain they'll go with Hughes, but of course I'd love to see them go with Doolan.

Dead Man

Pretty much anything but Telstra.

Yep. I'm with Adam, not great value, but not terrible, but pretty damned reliable over the last couple years. Keep meaning to change to TPG but I'm selling the house and don't know where I'll be in 6 months so I don't want a new contract.

Dead Man

Finally get to play Sleeping Dogs now that I have a new TV. First thoughts: Pretty awesome so far, driving and bikes are a bit clunky, hate the DLC ads on every other screen, love the fighting so far, even if the ridiculous odds get a bit boring.

Salazar

Finally get to play Sleeping Dogs now that I have a new TV. First thoughts: Pretty awesome so far, driving and bikes are a bit clunky, hate the DLC ads on every other screen, love the fighting so far, even if the ridiculous odds get a bit boring.

Picking up random civilians and theatrically breaking their backs over railings on the sidewalk: YEAAAH.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom