• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Baby Driver (August, Directed by Edgar Wright)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beaulieu

Im super hyped for this movie
But I find it weird how everyone has Hot Fuzz as their #1 on here...
It was Wright's worst movie by far imo... such a snoozefest. Watched it twice to see if I missed anything and couldnt go through it the second time.

aBarreras

It was Wright's worst movie by far imo... such a snoozefest. Watched it twice to see if I missed anything and couldnt go through it the second time.

no

kris.

Banned
I saw my email for that a day late. >:

Sorry bud :(

I'm surprised I was able to. Any time I get one of these Sony Screenings emails, I try like immediately to grab some passes and they're always full. Also for some reason Sony emails go straight to my trash folder and I can't figure out why ????????????

Yaaaaa I dunno bout this.

Broken Joystick

At least you can talk. Who are you?

Shaun of the Dead and Hot Fuzz are always contesting for #1 for me, but I recently rewatched Hot Fuzz and before I started I was horrified by the fact that it's two hours longer, never realised that before. Having said that, there is not a single wasted line of dialogue in the entire film and it doesn't for a minute feel like a two hour event. It's #1 in both comedic value and quality of film making from Wright in my eyes.

//ARCANUM

I've seen this movie twice. I thought it was good the first time.

I thought it was fantastic the second.

Seriously, it got better. There's so much going on that I missed a lot the first time. It's a blast.

Sorry bud :(

I'm surprised I was able to. Any time I get one of these Sony Screenings emails, I try like immediately to grab some passes and they're always full. Also for some reason Sony emails go straight to my trash folder and I can't figure out why ????????????

Yaaaaa I dunno bout this.
How do you sign up for the Sony stuff? I assume screenings this late are mostly "Here's the movie, now go tell your friends about it." I saw this months ago, but I wouldn't mind seeing stuff closer to release too.

JaseMath

I just watched the trailer knowing next to nothing about this other than the title.

LOOKS SO GOOD, MY GAF DUDES

Holy shit. I just found out about this movie last week and it looks so fucking good. No clue how I didn't know about it. So jealous of the people with early screening passes.

jvalioli

This might be one of his best movies yet.

Some tidbits from Q&A:
- Edgar Wright has been writing the movie for 15 years
- He interviewed a lot of ex-cons for inspiration
- there is an actually getaway driver as one of the security guards in the

Jacked to the t's for this. Anything Edgar Wright is a no-brainer, he's earned it.

The title, though, something about it rubs me the wrong way. It just doesn't sound as cool as the movie itself probably (apparently) is.

Just got back, it's everything I expected it to be. Imagine Edgar Wright directing a big Hollywood heist movie and that's exactly what it was (and I loved it).

Ashtrax

Got my advanced screening ticket for the 7th July... So amped to see this finally!

(edit... I should note that I'm in Australia, where it starts a week later at independent theatres).

pauljeremiah

Gold Member
Rumour has it that for those in the U.K. & Irl that Baby Driver will be shown on Monday night as part of ODEON's Screen Unseen.

Jombie

As much as I love Edgar Wright and all of his films, there's just nothing about this that has grabbed or excited me. I'll give it a chance, of course.

bob_arctor

Tough_Smooth
Going Thursday during the day. Nice way to start my summer vacation off teaching. Taking my son, daughter, and my son's best friend. Gonna be litttttt.

Daffy Duck

This is a bad take.

I was just not feeling all the seemingly weird editing, looked a mess.

Edit: So, I just re-watched it, and the first time I watched it on my phone there was like moments of stutter in the video with a split second of no noise, that wasn't happening then so it was obviously not the best way to view that video, was slightly better.

I bet he was expecting Citizen Kane.

q1lIkDi.gif

Loved this movie, saw it in one of the oldest cinemas in Finland so atmosphere was more than technical fanciness there but it still worked really well

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom