• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BlazBlue IV: Central Fiction |OT| Be Ready For The Phantoms

cj_iwakura

And finished. Yeah, wasted potential in a lot of areas, but the actual ending was nice.

I guess that last bit means Noel will be the next major protagonist.

Even though I still have a interest in the overall plot, after Chrono Phantasma I was really only seriously invested in a few characters. With all the jargon Blazblue can throw at you, it was hard for me to keep up in a few places even when I still got the gist of it. So Central Fiction kind of had a uphill battle with me and even though it dragged on it at least had a good ending for this arc that I was getting really tired of (Terumi this Murakumo that, I was so done with all the versions of one person. I know the story as a whole isn't done, but it still feels like some stuff from the arcade shoud have been addressed).

I am still disappointed that most of the Gag Reels were just rehashes, I mean they're still kind of funny, but Naoto's was the only one with a new premise, which is lame with only four of these things.

cj_iwakura

Completely wasted potential. Chronophantasma had a story that moved at a nice clip where things happened. Then for CF they returned to Kagutsuchi and rehashed the old story lines. Really now, CT's main gimmick was a timeloop that rehashed itself, and CS was basically an overly long extension. We did not need to go back to Kagutsuchi.

The latter portion of the plot picks things back up, but by then it's too late. Plus, certain aspects are either rushed or left hanging: See the defeat of Izanami, or the fate of Hazama and Carl. It's a depressing mess.
My understanding is that Carl
is the new Relius now. He's become a detached scientific like his father.

Astral

The Ragna and Rachel scene is the best part of the Story Mode. Once it started spouting a bunch of terms in fucking quotations I was pretty much out. You just know Cross Tag Battle is gonna be filled with the term “possibility.”

Great ending though. Bring on Tsusano-o in the next game.

Saikyo

At least they addressed the minor plots like Litchi and Arakune finally. It's a satisfying resolution.

Its is?
Arakune fate after people are being absorbed in the embryo is ambiguous, maybe he is alive maybe he dont, at least Litchi let him go.

cj_iwakura

The Ragna and Rachel scene is the best part of the Story Mode. Once it started spouting a bunch of terms in fucking quotations I was pretty much out. You just know Cross Tag Battle is gonna be filled with the term “possibility.”

Great ending though. Bring on Tsusano-o in the next game.
Yeah, that scene was the best. Pure shipper fuel.

Its is?
Arakune fate after people are being absorbed in the embryo is ambiguous, maybe he is alive maybe he dont, at least Litchi let him go.
But she can move on now,
that's the important thing.

My understanding is that Carl
is the new Relius now. He's become a detached scientific like his father.

Carl makes me sad, like Ragna and Nine, he just wants to save his sister, and I fear he will die just they did. I'm probably invested in what he does more than anyone right now, so with the ending having most characters living peacefully and then Carl shows up with his new "eye" that Relius gave him, I was sad, but still kind of excited to see what comes next (on a side note, how come I can't find any fanart of his half mask and popped collar look?).

r_x2

Errrr, I'm French on PS3 and i can't seems to see any Jubei on the store.

I just checked and you are absolutely right, Jubei isn't on the PS3 Store.

But you could always just buy the Ps4 version on the webstore since it is Cross-buy.

hope that helped

Edit Oh how neat I'm a member now

Top Bottom