• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BlazBlue IV: Central Fiction |OT| Be Ready For The Phantoms

NEO0MJ

The way I understood it is
she broke free but was no longer the person she used to be and had her own ideas on how the problem should be tackled.

RoeBear

Patch was live for the Jpn version. They also had a bundle of all dlc characters for 1200 yen (Jubei, Mai, Es, and Susanoo unlock).

Zeroro

Patch was live for the Jpn version. They also had a bundle of all dlc characters for 1200 yen (Jubei, Mai, Es, and Susanoo unlock).

Is that bundle gonna be available for the US/EU version? I was originally just gonna get Jubei since each character's 8 bucks, but 12 bucks is a bargain for all four.

RoeBear

Is that bundle gonna be available for the US/EU version? I was originally just gonna get Jubei since each character's 8 bucks, but 12 bucks is a bargain for all four.
It said it was a limited time thing so if it is it will be up with Jubei. At least I would assume they'd do the same.

I'm working on my blockstrings, I never thought of using that move to mix up the 6C, is that ideal?

I don't think 6C is that good in a blockstring, but if you do, check if they're doing barrier. If they're not, you can use CT or command throw. If they do, you can try throwing hammer for an overhead. Not sure if CT is safe, but you can try throwing that out too.

cj_iwakura

I don't think 6C is that good in a blockstring, but if you do, check if they're doing barrier. If they're not, you can use CT or command throw. If they do, you can try throwing hammer for an overhead. Not sure if CT is safe, but you can try throwing that out too.

I've fought a lot of players who manage to stop the hammer. It's a nice addition, but it's not flawless.

mxxnlarva

Neo Member
Where can I cop CentralFiction for PC cheaper? On steam is ~37€, do you guys recommend or know about some speacial price?

Also is this game alive on PC still? Im from Europe.

Zeroro

Was looking forward to going home this weekend to mess around with 2.0, but I didn't end up having the chance to go. Any Hibiki players that can comment on his changes? From what I've heard, he's mostly been buffed and has a lot more mobility in the air now.

cj_iwakura

Could using the European version in the US be causing network issues? I keep getting network error 5 in the lobby and I have no idea why.

Anne

Was looking forward to going home this weekend to mess around with 2.0, but I didn't end up having the chance to go. Any Hibiki players that can comment on his changes? From what I've heard, he's mostly been buffed and has a lot more mobility in the air now.

He's mostly the same tbh. The biggest change is he can do his command hop in the air, which can get pretty silly. It also gives him a standing launcher midscreen now, here's an example of a route like that: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=njvHF9oeHaU

Air hop is pretty nice, and you can do knife and other stuff. Air DP is also pretty nice to have, and it recovers down on the ground regardless of height. You're going to play him mostly the same, but the extra options + top tier nerfs makes him feel really good.

RoeBear

Could using the European version in the US be causing network issues? I keep getting network error 5 in the lobby and I have no idea why.
I doubt it. I'm on a Japanese digital copy all the time and play with people and friends with no issue. Well aside from seeing quick messages as unreadable glyphs to me :(

Blu(e)

Ver. 2.00 for Blazblue Centralfiction is out on STEAM

JUBEI joins as a DLC Character in the newest update for Steam "BlazBlue Centralfiction" ver2.0!

JUBEI is a speed-type character, using his small size and agile maneuverability to outwit his opponents. Overwhelm your opponents with his tricky movements, and pin them down with his fearsome rushdown techniques!

In addition to the DLC character, all game mechanics and balances have been updated to reflect the latest edition of the game in the free update

1.6 GB

Saikyo

Its a mini disaster, jubei arcade mode has no dialogues, ending it the game crashes, crashes in his tutorial, only.one.win.quote for everyone, bugged.movelist...

...but if you only play versus off or online none of this matters.

WarRock

Its a mini disaster, jubei arcade mode has no dialogues, ending it the game crashes, crashes in his tutorial, only.one.win.quote for everyone, bugged.movelist...

Tutorial is fine to me, the movelist missing line breaks is hilarious, but otherwise working ok. He's also missing some colors.

Astarte

well good to know i'm safe then loll

WarRock

Hotfix for the Steam version
- Fixed various graphical issues when selecting "FXAA" anti alias mode.
- Fixed issue with opening up Button Config menu when attempting to select "Random" character.
- Fixed Jubei's Arcade Mode story part dialogues.
- Fixed all characters' victory dialogues over Jubei
- Fixed Jubei's victory dialogues over all characters
- Jubei's color 13, 14 and 15 have been reinstated in the Item Shop
- Fixed some UI misalignment/mis-size issues.

Saikyo

About the colors 13 to 15 they havent fixed it yet lol.

But if you really want to buy these colors for Jubei change your language to japanese in-game and acess the shop, they will be there, buy it (2000 P$ I think) and change back to english...

Getting back into Blazblue years after Continuum Shift 2 and I'm struggling execution wise. Hazama's Hard trials are giving me a tough time.

WarRock

Any help with Susano's mission 7 on hard (2A JC jB jC 5A 2C JC jB jC (1h) JC jB jC jD)? Can't land that 5A no matter what.

Saikyo

Any help with Susano's mission 7 on hard (2A JC jB jC 5A 2C JC jB jC (1h) JC jB jC jD)? Can't land that 5A no matter what.

Use demonstration, maybe there is a step/dash/something that doesnt appear in the challenge list, I hate when they do that.

cj_iwakura

I went 0-2, lol. I got on stream against Jyosua, so there's that. Around 5:42:00 in yesterday's archive. Fought Hibiki and Izayoi(of course).

WarRock

If it's a jump loop on a standing opponent you'll probably need to delay some hits on the way down.
Ah, thanks. Yeah, everything boils down to delaying the first jB. Still haven't got the whole thing done but made progress finally.

I went 0-2, lol. I got on stream against Jyosua, so there's that. Around 5:42:00 in yesterday's archive. Fought Hibiki and Izayoi(of course).
Saw your match live! Good work man.

cj_iwakura

Boy story mode is turning into one giant case of 'get on with it!'. The parts with the lesser characters are always really interesting, i.e. Carl and Relius, Bullet and Tager, etcetera, but the main story mode just keeps dragging and dragging and dragging. They had one great moment that could have been a gateway to the final showdown, but nope, more drama.

Narroo

Boy story mode is turning into one giant case of 'get on with it!'. The parts with the lesser characters are always really interesting, i.e. Carl and Relius, Bullet and Tager, etcetera, but the main story mode just keeps dragging and dragging and dragging. They had one great moment that could have been a gateway to the final showdown, but nope, more drama.

Completely wasted potential. Chronophantasma had a story that moved at a nice clip where things happened. Then for CF they returned to Kagutsuchi and rehashed the old story lines. Really now, CT's main gimmick was a timeloop that rehashed itself, and CS was basically an overly long extension. We did not need to go back to Kagutsuchi.

The latter portion of the plot picks things back up, but by then it's too late. Plus, certain aspects are either rushed or left hanging: See the defeat of Izanami, or the fate of Hazama and Carl. It's a depressing mess.

cj_iwakura

Completely wasted potential. Chronophantasma had a story that moved at a nice clip where things happened. Then for CF they returned to Kagutsuchi and rehashed the old story lines. Really now, CT's main gimmick was a timeloop that rehashed itself, and CS was basically an overly long extension. We did not need to go back to Kagutsuchi.

The latter portion of the plot picks things back up, but by then it's too late. Plus, certain aspects are either rushed or left hanging: See the defeat of Izanami, or the fate of Hazama and Carl. It's a depressing mess.
At least they addressed the minor plots like Litchi and Arakune finally. It's a satisfying resolution.

Top Bottom