• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BlazBlue IV: Central Fiction |OT| Be Ready For The Phantoms

cj_iwakura

Too much.

DGQ-6WwUIAQFoyB.jpg%3Alarge

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
I really hope console patch comes in a month or two this update has me really excited to put a lot of time back into the game

cj_iwakura

I cannot imagine how much time it took for them to go through Chrono Phantasma's voice library to do this. This is really cool.

I wonder if he got any combat voices for the new characters? Seems unlikely, but the mod credits Nine and Izanami's dub VAs...

Honestly the dub cast were as pissed about the lack of a dub as anyone. I wouldn't be surprised if they were down to volunteer.

NEO0MJ

I wonder if he got any combat voices for the new characters? Seems unlikely, but the mod credits Nine and Izanami's dub VAs...

Honestly the dub cast were as pissed about the lack of a dub as anyone. I wouldn't be surprised if they were down to volunteer.

Izanami and Nine got some lines in thanks to CP, but I'm not sure if they're enough to build a comparable dialogue list to the other characters.

And it would be cool if some of the voice actors volunteered to throw in some quick lines for the new comers.

cj_iwakura

Izanami and Nine got some lines in thanks to CP, but I'm not sure if they're enough to build a comparable dialogue list to the other characters.

And it would be cool if some of the voice actors volunteered to throw in some quick lines for the new comers.
I wonder if they'd be contractually prevented. A lot of them are active on twitter, like Patrick Seitz.

Lumination

'enry 'ollins
Would the voice mod prevent me from playing online? No mention of it in the readme, but no idea what they check for regarding banning.

patchday

dang I purchased all BB games except CF. But I've been playing them exclusively for the story content since I have other fighters I play online.

Will probably pickup CF after I workthrough the other novels. So far I've only completed the Calamity Trigger novel

Astral

Day 1 Jubei combos:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ruHxXhFxM0Y

Someone modded the Steam version to have English voices, it seems like?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IQrJEDJOGcM

That dub. I'm crying. I think I miss Ragna, Rachel, and Izanami the most. Izanami's holier than thou tone was amazing in the dub.

Also, I hear this is just gonna be a patch that'll be out some time this month. Is this true? If so, I'm glad I don't have to buy some dumbass Extend version just for a balance patch and Jubei.

NEO0MJ

That dub. I'm crying. I think I miss Ragna, Rachel, and Izanami the most. Izanami's holier than thou tone was amazing in the dub.

Also, I hear this is just gonna be a patch that'll be out some time this month. Is this true? If so, I'm glad I don't have to buy some dumbass Extend version just for a balance patch and Jubei.

They say by the end of Summer, so it's possible. Then again, Tekken 7 was early 2017 so...

Garlador

I cannot imagine how much time it took for them to go through Chrono Phantasma's voice library to do this. This is really cool.

I'm still upset at the lack of English voices proper, especially if this truly is the end of the story arc. The English VAs were quite vocal (no pun intended) about how much they liked the series and voicing the cast.

I part of me still hopes for a re-release or definitive edition with all the final additional characters included along with a proper English dub.

cj_iwakura

I'm still upset at the lack of English voices proper, especially if this truly is the end of the story arc. The English VAs were quite vocal (no pun intended) about how much they liked the series and voicing the cast.

I part of me still hopes for a re-release or definitive edition with all the final additional characters included along with a proper English dub.

I always liked Nine and Jubei especially, and I'm sad they didn't finally get to voice them as playable characters.

cj_iwakura

Maybe he'll be changed in the console release? Either way, I tend to stick with characters I like if they are still usable, although I had the fortune of not maining characters like Kagura so I can't say I know the pain of a liking a broken character.

Doesn't affect me personally, tiers never do, and he looks fun in all the combo videos I've seen.

Also approachable, unlike Nine. I was beyond hyped to have a sorceress character, but her playstyle is alien to me.

RoeBear

Does anyone have any tips for Relius I just started I keep accidently desummoning his puppet.
Get the timing of his hcf B move down. 2C is an incredibly good anti air that leads to a ton of damage. If your doll gets tapped by any attack she dips out. Add me on psn if you want to spar.

Shadic7700

Just got Central Fiction a few days ago was never good at BB the only 2 I ever played was CS Extend on Vita and rented Chrono Phantasam on game fly, but I'm having a ton of fun. It does stink cause I loved the dub especially Ragna and Hazama.

So 2 questions
1: are there any joke scenes in Central Fiction I loved the ones in continuum shift and Chrono P they are so hilarious especially the band one with Hazama

2: how do I get good with Hakuman his normals are so stubby it's hard to get in with is restricted movement, I find myself relying on his qcb A a lot.

cj_iwakura

Just got Central Fiction a few days ago was never good at BB the only 2 I ever played was CS Extend on Vita and rented Chrono Phantasam on game fly, but I'm having a ton of fun. It does stink cause I loved the dub especially Ragna and Hazama.

So 2 questions
1: are there any joke scenes in Central Fiction I loved the ones in continuum shift and Chrono P they are so hilarious especially the band one with Hazama

2: how do I get good with Hakuman his normals are so stubby it's hard to get in with is restricted movement, I find myself relying on his qcb A a lot.

1: I haven't gotten it yet(thanks EU shipping), I'm sure 1 is a given.

2: http://www.dustloop.com/forums/index.php?/forums/forum/67-hakumen/

NEO0MJ

Does Central Fiction have any charge characters? I love Alex on Street Fighter 5 and charging is super fun to me.

There's Kagura, though I think only one move of his moves is charge. He's considered not good right now but it seems people are positive about his potential post patch.

Edit: actually it's three specials and a super.

Zeroro

After playing P4AU, I ended up becoming a huge fan of ASW games. I kinda want them to make every fighting game now, lol.

Managed to get this game during the sale at the end of July and have been playing it ever since, and it's a ton of fun as a first-timer with this series. I initially chose Hibiki as one of the first characters to try out and ended up really liking his playstyle, so I've been maining him (while I wait for Jubei to come out)! The struggle to actually be decent online is a lot harder than it ever was for something like P4AU, but I'm still really enjoying my time with it.

Also, the apparent news that Jubei's not actually that good isn't impacting my decision to main him one bit. He looks fun as hell to play as.

Just expect a rough time at first until you get a good grasp on how he flows. Once you have a good grasp of his cancels and stuff I'd suggest checking out some match videos to see how he handles in different fights

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3nUql5DmFSM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hn0NiG5ceo4

Thanks for the link and yeah I've been having a hard time learning him but every now and then it'll click for me. I did find out online today that his stance change will you get creamed if you get caught in it got my butt kicked hard online.

MechaX

Her 6c combos most likely got destroyed

That is kind of a shame; I was able to get some fraudulent wall combos off of 6c when playing against my friend and his little brother. I know I have to learn her Stein-oriented combos eventually though.

That is kind of a shame; I was able to get some fraudulent wall combos off of 6c. I know I have to learn her Stein-oriented combos eventually though.

It's just a P2 change. Does less damage in combos -- I think Q said around 200-400 less? But otherwise, it's the same.

Top Bottom