• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Breaking Bad - Season 3 - Sundays on AMC

Status
Not open for further replies.

kehs

Banned
Cornballer said:
- Wired's primer for S4

tPCBf.jpg

They forgot Hank's boss.

Yeah.

xbhaskarx

Jesse had so many great lines in that episode.

I still think Negro y Azul, Better Call Saul, and 4 Days Out was the best three episode stretch of this show, and the best I have seen in years.

mcawesome

Neo Member
I can't wait till this starts up again. Especially how they ended last season. I want to smoke some blue meth to get ready
not really

Drewsky

_dementia said:
I forgot about this episode.

It was kind of like Fly before Fly
Yeah it was meant to be a bottle episode, but with all the beautiful location shots and stuff it became one of the more expensive episodes.

LaneDS

How's the commentary on the Blu-rays? I've been rewatching the show from the start for myself, then with the roomie, then with the girlfriend, so I'm kind of saturated on my BB viewings for now, but I'm wondering if they're worth listening to down the line.

ezekial45

Banned
I feel like i'm at the peak of my hype right now, but there's still another two weeks till the premiere. :(

Also, is there a reason why the show isn't on Netflix? IS AMC having toruble getting a deal ready? It seems like a missed opportunity. It would introduce WAY more people to the show, and it should potentially up the TV ratings as well.

BigAT

LaneDS said:
How's the commentary on the Blu-rays? I've been rewatching the show from the start for myself, then with the roomie, then with the girlfriend, so I'm kind of saturated on my BB viewings for now, but I'm wondering if they're worth listening to down the line.
They're pretty good. I've listened to the commentary for all of season 1 and 2 (doing my season 3 rewatch now) and I think they're definitely worth it if you're into that type of thing. Each commentary has Gilligan and pretty much the entire cast on it and they go into a lot of good behind the scenes stuff about filming the show. Gilligan and Cranston are both usually pretty funny during them as well. There isn't commentary on every episode (unfortunately), so it's not like you have to re-watch the entire series.

Here's something I found out from the commentaries, did anyone else know that Betsy Brandt (Marie) was pregnant for all of season 2? They actually use a shot of her stomach for one of the shots that is supposed to be Skylar. I thought they did a really good job of hiding it, it wasn't obvious they were trying to cover her up like in most television shows.

Drewsky

BigAT said:
Here's something I found out from the commentaries, did anyone else know that Betsy Brandt (Marie) was pregnant for all of season 2? They actually use a shot of her stomach for one of the shots that is supposed to be Skylar. I thought they did a really good job of hiding it, it wasn't obvious they were trying to cover her up like in most television shows.
That's the one I listened to the other night also. I never even noticed, but after I knew it I noticed her holding things over her stomach in every scene. Pretty crazy.

LaneDS

BigAT said:
They're pretty good. I've listened to the commentary for all of season 1 and 2 (doing my season 3 rewatch now) and I think they're definitely worth it if you're into that type of thing. Each commentary has Gilligan and pretty much the entire cast on it and they go into a lot of good behind the scenes stuff about filming the show. Gilligan and Cranston are both usually pretty funny during them as well. There isn't commentary on every episode (unfortunately), so it's not like you have to re-watch the entire series.

Ah, figured they had commentary for everything. I'll try to check one out soon. I remember watching the scene where Jesse tries heroin for the first time and there is that shot of him floating towards the ceiling... I was curious how they did that. A few little things like that I'd like to hear about, for sure.

threenote

Banned
I never realized it until now, but Walter, Jesse, and Hank have all appeared on X-Files

As most of you may know, Vince Gilligan was the producer for X-Files.

xbhaskarx

_dementia said:
Personally I thought the twins were silly, and I have mentioned so before.

Okay, good.

I'm glad they eventually let the twins talk, and then killed them off the way they did. I've always wondered if that was the plan all along or if they hastened their exit.
Imagine an alternate reality where the season finale was a big action movie showdown with Walt facing the twins, that could easily have entered shark-jumping territory.

xbhaskarx

Oh yeah, that was an amazing scene, but part of what made it great is that it pretty much came out of nowhere. Also, the second twin didn't even get killed on camera.

maharg

idspispopd
xbhaskarx said:
Okay, good.

I'm glad they eventually let the twins talk, and then killed them off the way they did. I've always wondered if that was the plan all along or if they hastened their exit.
Imagine an alternate reality where the season finale was a big action movie showdown with Walt facing the twins, that could easily have entered shark-jumping territory.

Given the way the show plays with expectations, I think it must have been intentional.

kehs

Banned
xbhaskarx said:
Okay, good.

That would have been awesome. Then we see flynn come out of nowhere and lifts his crutches to reveal them as rocket launchers.

BigAT

Man, I completely forgot how depressing it was when Jesse was desperately calling Jane's phone over and over again just to hear her voice on the voicemail.

BigAT said:

The S3 finale commentary is incredible for Odenkirk alone.

Please somebody point me in the way of the audio commentaries? I can take a photo of myself holding the S3 BluRay if need be, to prove that I've purchased it and that it doesn't work (didn't realise it was region locked!) I really want to hear them. Don't know if there's any overlap between this thread and the Steam sale thread, but I have a few games I could gift whoever helps me find them!

dave is ok

aztek is ok
blahblah...blah said:
Please somebody point me in the way of the audio commentaries? I can take a photo of myself holding the S3 BluRay if need be, to prove that I've purchased it and that it doesn't work (didn't realise it was region locked!) I really want to hear them. Don't know if there's any overlap between this thread and the Steam sale thread, but I have a few games I could gift whoever helps me find them!
I honestly have no clue where you might find something like that

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom