• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Capcom's Deep Down announced (Panta Rhei, Capcom's new engine) [Up: Video]

Alienous

QOc6axu.jpg

Perfect.

They got CGI in my Playstation Meeting. Those animations, the lighting ... I don't want lies.

DaBoss

So I'm guessing they weren't happy with Dragon's Dogma's performance and are pretty much doing a "reboot" and launching it as a new IP?

Astery

looks like another attempt on western monster hunter. I'm ok with this tho I wished it's not this same setting again.

nordique

those next gen particle effects are really the big jump here....really impressed by those

looking forward to it

i-Lo

Unless I see this running with a controller in hand, I refuse to believe that was fully real time.

Still, it is not out of the realm of possibility at this point.

Dahbomb

Yeah the more I see it the more I am not really convinced this is completely in real time. I mean even in the past generation there were a couple of trailers shown by Capcom mainly for RE5 and DMC4 that looked pre-rendered and were not representative of the final game.

If it is though then mind blown. Watching it in 1080P though you can see some elements that make it look more like game cutscene than full blown prerendered footage.

Loxley

I think the big question here (aside from how much of that trailer was pre-rendered) is whether or not Deep Down is, in fact, either a sequel or spiritual-successor to Dragon's Dogma. My thoughts are on spiritual-successor, it wouldn't make any sense at all for Capcom to another fantasy-franchise featuring dragons when they indicated last year that Dragon's Dogma sold well enough to warrant a sequel.

Either way, I can't fucking wait to hear more about it. I'm also glad they openly said it was actively in development and not just a tech demo. Coming out of the the whole presentation, this is definitely the game that I am the most excited about.

Instro

Clearly in engine, you can tell from the animations and such. Obviously its all scripted, but I don't see why they wouldn't be able to match it as a full game.

orioto

Good Art™
I think the demo is really edited and put togetger to look incredible, and probably it would be a little less cinematic in game. But honestly guys look at GOW ascension and add the PS4 difference, power and ram... This is the assets we should be waiting for.

And about the animation, i dont know but i'm pretty amazed even by monster hunter animations on psp.. Capgod i mean..

Remember the explosion gifs from Lost planet at the beginning of the gen ? They just do that kind of thing.

GWX

That demo looked prerendered with a HUD slapped on the image for whatever reason. Looked pretty good, though!

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
Looks real to me.

Why the helicopter sound at the end?

Willy Wanka

my god this avatar owns
Graphically this was the best thing shown if it was real time. The lighting and the particle effects were amazing.

By far the most impressive tech shown today. It's incredible how good this thing looks, incredible.

Never thought to see so many japanese dev houses make this much impressive tech.
Revenge of the samurais... :)

Japanese devs have been slagging with graphics except capcom

Dahbomb

I mean I thought the Agni's demo was pre-rendered too until they showed it being edited in real time so who knows really.

Top Bottom