• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cardi B- Bodak Yellow now the #1 Song in America (Billboard Hot 100)

My Dominican sis doing her thang yessir

"I don't dance now, I make money moves 8"

Akeemofzamunda-Cardi-B-Bodak-Yellow-0.gif

____

Breakfast Club interview she just had KEPT saying she's #2, but will soon be #1. Only took like a week since then.

Congrats to her.

hbkdx12

I just fully listened to this song the other day and my first thought was that this sounds like a song you'd hear in a strip club. Turned out she used to be a stripper and then it all made sense

C.Mongler

I like this song, but I swear I've heard this almost exact same beat in like 5 semi-hit songs now. Am I going crazy? Or am I just so unhip with trap beats that they're all bleeding together, which is totally possible.

LordKasual

Banned
Cardi's legitimately honest personality is why I can be happy about this

Nobody has to speculate what's real, fake, or contradictory about her, because she hides nothing and wears all her flaws. That is a truly rare thing

edit:

and as much as I want to hate her music, she actually got bars too lol

It is a banger. First #1 hit by a female rapper (without features) in almost 20 years.

Also, seeing how she rose up through the ranks? Definitely a crowning moment.

I just fully listened to this song the other day and my first thought was that this sounds like a song you'd hear in a strip club. Turned out she used to be a stripper and then it all made sense

A girl I used to date has a picture with her at the strip club, and let me tell you "wooooo" ric flair voice.

Cardi's legitimately honest personality is why I can be happy about this

Nobody has to speculate what's real, fake, or contradictory about her, because she hides nothing and wears all her flaws. That is a truly rare thing

A mother called a popular radio station and was telling her that she admires her and likes her music but she wants Cardi to tone the lyrics since younger people listen to her.. including her daughter.

Cardi " it's not my job to raise your kids plus I make adult music ¯\_(ツ)_/¯"

Kuro

She seems cool but holy god that song is by the book as it gets. Boring ass beat with lazy ass delivery.

She seems cool but holy god that song is by the book as it gets. Boring ass beat with lazy ass delivery.

She aint. She on twitter talking about bullying aint bad cause shes been called Platano all her life and her kids gonna bully soft parents kids. AND THEN the chic was telling people stfu cause they said bullying aint cool lol.

https://imgur.com/a/QA5XE

https://twitter.com/iamcardib/status/911987971661983746

https://twitter.com/iamcardib/status/911988182677323777

bigkrev

Hadn't heard the song (I'm listening to it right now for the first time and am really not feeling it), but the fact that it managed to take down Taylor after her song was plastered EVERYWHERE from College Football highlights to ABC television commercials is completely amazing

conpfreak

The song is good, and Cardi B's got good energy on the track. But her career itself a true come up story and she really down to earth, so I'm happy that she's making waves in the industry. Unlike Nicki, she's just so damn likable.

Ahasverus

- Plays song on youtube
- First 10 seconds: "Said little bitch, you can't fuck with me, If you wanted to "
- Closes tab forever

The fuck? Is this mainstream music these days? That's fucking dusgusting.

- Plays song on youtube
- First 10 seconds: "Said little bitch, you can't fuck with me, If you wanted to "
- Closes tab forever

Uhm....

One hit wonder imo. She's going to ride this song until the wheels fall off

From what I understand she's had a pretty good career/status outside of this song, and she's def had a few mix tapes.

Who would have thought ripping off No Flocking would get her this far. Not a bad song but meh.
- Plays song on youtube
- Closes tab forever

awww poor baby

- Plays song on youtube
- Closes tab forever

There's a clean version out there if you need it.
Her voice is annoying, and she also doesn't strike one as smart

But the song is catchy. It's interesting to me how much the song has caught on with both men and women. There's very few female rappers that men don't immediately discard as being just music for girls
That's her accent.

Top Bottom