• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Clarkson/Hammond/May's negotiating new car show on Netflix, "House of Cars"

Status
Not open for further replies.
5-13-2015%2B11-16-39%2BAM.png

Jarrod38

Tonight on House of Cars
James plays a game of cards, Richard marries Oliver, and Jeremy finally gets his hot meal.

Ezalc

Never really seen Top Gear, but I'm surprised people seem eager to support the guy. Isn't he supposed to be an asshole especially after what he did to the producer or whatever of his other show?

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
I'd probably subscribe to Netflix for it.

Or better yet: Put the show on other services to buy a la the Top Gear DVD's after the season is over. I'd buy those.

Zaph

Called it the moment Clarkson was fired. The massive international audience makes it too perfect for Netflix to pass up on - it's exactly what they need right now for their roll out.

Was getting slightly concerned that execs there might fear an internet backlash given Clarkson's history...

Almighty

Well Clarkson is an assclown, but I would probably watch this. Unlike others though I do hope they release them all at one time because I do love me some binge watching.

butalala

Never really seen Top Gear, but I'm surprised people seem eager to support the guy. Isn't he supposed to be an asshole especially after what he did to the producer or whatever of his other show?

Yes, he is an asshole, but he's not really a villain. More of a childish school boy kind of asshole. His antics are amusing, even if they have gotten a bit over the top in recent years.

The news came out shortly after his dismissal that in the months leading up to the punch, Clarkson had gone through a divorce, lost his mother and gotten a possible cancer diagnosis; the kind of stuff that could cause anyone to snap.

Ezalc

Yes, he is an asshole, but he's not really a villain. More of a childish school boy kind of asshole. His antics are amusing, even if they have gotten a bit over the top in recent years.

The news came out shortly after his dismissal that in the months leading up to the punch, Clarkson had gone through a divorce, lost his mother and gotten a possible cancer diagnosis; the kind of stuff that could cause anyone to snap.

Makes sense. Thanks for answering man, hope the guy is able to calm down and get things straightened out then.

andycapps

There's one thing I don't like about Netflix and it's their way of releasing the whole series (season) at the same time. Maybe it works with some shows but it kills discussion so effectively, everyone is watching a different episode, all the discussion is spoiler tags on top of spoiler tags. I vastly prefer the week-to-week format with most shows, including Top Gear. Well that and one other issue: Finnish Netflix is terrible but that's why we use illegal software to bypass regions.

That being said, House of Cars is a great name.

They don't have to release all of them at the same time.

And I agree, House of Cars is a fantastic name. This needs to happen.

Ultryx

That got me so excited I chatted with someone over at Netflix and told them to pick the show up under that name.

Akahige

The name is stupid to me, even though Clarkson is clearly an ass I'd watch the show anyway I could get it. I hope a Netflix deal pans out.

Busty

Banned
As a huge Top Gear fan I'm in even though this stuff never works the second time around. It's like trying to catch lightning in a bottle and frankly I think that it's only a matter of time before Clarkson has another one of this trademark gaffs.

witness

Brilliant idea, makes so much sense. Clarkson can really say whatever he wants on Netflix. I just want these guys back making a car show.

Jarrod38

I laughed way too hard at this. I really hope they sign with Netflix, it's perfect for this type of show.

Dang it just came to me Tonight on House of Cars
James builds a house made out of cards, Richard destroys the house of cards, and Jeremy still gets his hot meal.

Man I really hope they choose Netflix over ITV. If they do I'd rather them release a new episode every week than in one big batch though.

Why would you wish that. You can watch a show every week if you'd like. Let the rest of us watch as many or as little as we want. It's the netflix way and i prefer it soooo much over the old way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom