• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS February |OT| of Curious (Black) Creators & Curious (Black) Characters!

Status
Not open for further replies.
...and what's wrong with THAT!? :/

In the inflation hole!

If you can sex up an inner tube requiring sensual lubricant, then my hat is off to your girth sir!

Started reading World War Hulk tonight. So far I'm entertained. One issue in. Initially I disagreed with Hulk punking Black Bolt, but in the context of the story I can handle it; even if it is bullshit.

Medusa running her mouth probably didn't help matters.

I think it is the best thread to ask:

Hey guys,

I'm looking for some Sci-Fi like comics. Do you guys have some recommendation? I really appreciate it.

fear_agent_vol_3.jpg

Thank me later. 30+ issues.

tm24

I also recommend Fear Agent. Amazing book

Nova/Guardians of the Galaxy/all of those cosmic books are the Star Wars of comic book sci-fi in that they're in space and there's aliens and there's crazy stuff

Would Pax Romana count? It's time travel involving the Catholic Church, Rome and Soldiers.

Warren Ellis has Planetary, Doktor Sleepless and Desolation Jones.

The Filth by Morrison and art by Chris Weston is pretty amazing.

Heavy Liquid by Paul Pope is great

Thats it for me

Viewt

So it appears we've only got four issues left for Irredeemable and Incorruptible. Via iFanboy:

Word has broken today via Newsarama that writer Mark Waid is ending two of iFanboy’s favorite books: Irredeemable and Incorruptible.
As for why he chose now to wrap the series up, Waid said:
I’m just stretched thin right now both personally and professionally, and I live in mortal fear that I’m going to overstay my welcome on these books. Moreover, I feel that Max Damage’s character arc is reaching its end in Incorruptible. And in Irredeemable, I’ve long known what the end of that series is, and lately, it’s as if all the characters are moving into position for it whether I want them to or not. So let’s go out big and grand, I say.
You should check out the whole interview (conducted by Boom! Studios Editor-in-Chief Matt Gagnon). It’s really interesting.
On the one hand this is sad news. On the other hand, this feels appropriate. Neither one of these books felt like they were meant to go on forever. It has always felt like there was a story that Waid wanted to tell with a beginning, a middle, and an end and he’s going to get to do that. That’s so rare these days, especially in superhero comics.
It’s also really impressive to get three solid years out of a superhero book written by a top notch writer from a company that isn’t DC, Marvel, or Image.

I love both of those books to death, and it'll be sad to see them go, but Waid's been knocking it out of the park from Day 1, so it'll be nice to have it close on a high note when it's still so great.

FoneBone

Touched on it in the Good Art thread but, yeah, Venom #13 is the best comic in the history of the medium.

STEP ASIDE, HABIBI!!

<3 <3 <3 Tony Moore.

Meanwhile, Comixology has a weekend sale on all things Flashpoint - the main series is $1.99, all tie-ins are 99 cents. Batman: Knight of Vengeance for under $3? YES PLEASE.

Splatt

I'm glad Irredeemable and Incorruptible are ending. Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed both books immensely, but it's the right time to end them. There's really no good carrot Waid can stick in front of his readers.

I'm really interested to see how Irredeemable ends.

Splatt

Touched on it in the Good Art thread but, yeah, Venom #13 is the best comic in the history of the medium.

STEP ASIDE, HABIBI!!

I've enjoyed Venom alot under RR, but Tony Moore knocked it out of the park on #13. This shit is crazier than his run on FrankenCastle.

I've enjoyed Venom alot under RR, but Tony Moore knocked it out of the park. This shit is crazier than his run on FrankenCastle.

Totally!! The book finally embraces RR's craziest instincts in a way previous issues didn't. Just so much fun and so brilliant.

And SO gorgeous. Tony Moore's best 20 pages ever I think.

Splatt

Totally!! The book finally embraces RR's craziest instincts in a way previous issues didn't. Just so much fun and so brilliant.

And SO gorgeous. Tony Moore's best 20 pages ever I think.

The only complaint I have is that the way Moore draws Rulk's face, it reminds me of Frankencastle.

Tizoc

STEP ASIDE, HABIBI!!

lol did that line really show up in the issue?

I liked Action Comics 6 and Stormwatch 6 from the DC side.

Looking forward to the finale of Irredeemable and Incorruptable.

Splatt

I thought Ender's Game was good SF. Haven't read the books so I can't compare, but the comics have some sweet Pasqual Ferry art.

Satch

Banned
Aquaman even beat Wonder Woman and Batwoman

I don't even particularly like the Wonder Woman book but man that's......... :l

Nesotenso

I think it's safe to assume that the Batman line will sell no matter who is writing it or whether the story is shit or not. And Aquaman will be never be cool with the mainstream, no matter how hard Johns tries.

I think it's safe to assume that the Batman line will sell no matter who is writing it or whether the story is shit or not. And Aquaman will be never be cool with the mainstream, no matter how hard Johns tries.

But apparently he is cool with comic fans now.

Aquaman >>>>> Marvel.

Beaten by Birdie!

ReiGun

That's the whole comic though. "Everybody Hates Aquaman! Also I love seeing people get ripped apart. I'm Geoff Johns And I Approve This Comic."

Hey I never said it was the best thing ever. It's just that, as one of the 5 people on Earth that likes Aquaman, it's nice to see him in a book that's doing well (especially when it's doing better than a lot of the cool kid superheroes).

Aquaman outsold Spider-Man.

Just let that sink in, everyone.
Like here. I'm a huge Spidey fanboy, and I love this. Aquabro stunting on these hoes. lol

Wolverine and the X-Men not being in the top ten is a damn crime, though.

Hey I never said it was the best thing ever. It's just that, as one of the 5 people on Earth that likes Aquaman, it's nice to see him in a book that's doing well (especially when it's doing better than a lot of the cool kid superheroes).

Like here. I'm a huge Spidey fanboy, and I love this. Aquabro stunting on these hoes. lol

uggghhhh

Nesotenso

Same can be said for a lot of Marvel books to be honest.

I can't wait for Tom Brevoort to break out the "those numbers aren't accurate and only I have the real numbers and I'm not going to tell them to you but trust me" line

"Their gimmicky relaunch proved that if you put Batman or Geoff Johns on a project, people will buy it, even if its decompressed fanboy garbage. Also, I like to mention that we made more money then DC for the month of January, so nyeh-nyeh.

Oh wait, what? Sales for overall comics are up 33.56% YOY from January 2011? Everybody wins? Well, what the fuck can I be snarky about now?

Fuck this" - TomB

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom