• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS February |OT| of Curious (Black) Creators & Curious (Black) Characters!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ooh!

Oooh!

I just remembered what I kept drinking out of my head.

The TMNT Micro Series issue #4 by Glory artist Ross Campbell is solicited in the latest issue of Previews.

Get on it Turtles GAF! :D

Back to boozing. @_@

Man, with dumbass racist shit in Psychology and Adam Hughes drawing surprise Watchmen butt sex, this just isn't your week, Satchwar

this is very serious for me :(

I feel your pain.

We need to stab that cross dressing funnybook Uncle Tom! >:|

I'm serious - DC had to pay these people a shit load to get this stuff to happen.

So Adam Hughes is doing a back up story in Fables and taking a big corny four issue shit on Watchmen. He got paid.

This also lends credence to my theory that ASWW would have happened if that cheeto golem also weren't writing the damned thing. >:|

Alternately, DC has been planning this since 1989 and Hughes just finished the pages.

LOL LOL LOL

Alternately, DC has been planning this since 1989 and Hughes just finished the pages.

lDqAj.jpg

shots fired

I'm sure after Adam Hughes will work on All-Star Wondy Woman after he's done with Watchmen. That is of course if he doesn't retire from all the cash money he's gonna get from it when it becomes a huge sales sucess.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
Sorry, wouldn't be a swap item for item.

Just a good natured giving of crap in the spirit of FCBD.

And to kick some flavor in Jedeye's direction. Just as an example. :p

Oooh exciting! This sounds like a good idea, free comics are always welcome. I live in the UK so I can even paypal you some postage if you like :)

I actually have three shortboxes of books that I'm trying to find homes for, I'll have to go through and see if there's anything good in there that people might dig too. I know there's a Vertigo series called Vinyl Underground that's full of tits and swearing. Lots of the DC number ones, some assorted spidey stuff. I'll put a post up when I find some time.

In other news - why did nobody tell me that Rafa-that-artist-from-American-Vampire-who-I'm-not-going-to-embarrass-myself-trying-to-spell did an issue of Uncanny X-Force?? Shit is gorgeous, I actually yelped when I got into the book. I was expecting Simone Bianchi, this is a most pleasant surprise!

Lombaszko

I really liked the first 2-3 issues of Action Comics but then we've had 3 different storylines in the past 3 issues, all over the place.

I agree that the story has jumped around a bit but when the arc, or run, is finished I trust Grant Morrison will bring it all together. Plus I think the past two issues are sort of an interlude so Rags Morales can have some time to work on 7 & 8.

i didnt see it coming, thats for sure.

id also like to garner attention to loop hughes. a character that really suprised me

Loop_Hughes_4.JPG

I was packing this week and I couldn't put away my comics without lingering a bit on a few of his issues. I've really been getting back into Azz lately. It's the main reason I'm excited about Before Watchmen. Him + Rorschach?? I can't even.

Azzerello seems like a perfect choice for the job of turning Rorschach into the character that he was meant to be a deconstruction of.

Due to being curious about the Kevin Keller stuff I've kinda recently realized that I like Archie comics! What's the best current stuff and what's the essential classics?

Garryk

My DC pull-list has dwindled down to Animal Man, Swamp Thing, Action Comics (probably only until the end of this story arc), Wonder Woman (ditto), and Batman.

My Marvel pull is still strong though. Pretty much all of the team Wolverine Regenesis stuff, Spider-Man, Venom, Punisher, and Daredevil. I want to drop Legacy but I have all of the other issues from this series so it is kinda just completionism at this point.

Mr. Sam

Animal Man was on a roll, I was really enjoying it, but I just don't see what point the latest issue had.
Hey, here's an excerpt from Buddy Baker's film! Nope - we're not even going to finish it! Here, have some exposition instead.

Animal Man was on a roll, I was really enjoying it, but I just don't see what point the latest issue had.
Hey, here's an excerpt from Buddy Baker's film! Nope - we're not even going to finish it! Here, have some exposition instead.

The point was probably "buy time until the swamp thing crossover starts!!!" while attempting some kind of characterization.

Pie and Beans

Look for me on the local news, I'll be the guy arrested for trying to burn down a Nintendo exec's house.
a winning streak of X-Force getting let down by what feels like lazy, blurry, art for two issues in a row now :( I also hate that whole Captain Britain otherworld side of things as well, so this entire arc is quite a bundle of bum-notes.

They were in this week's issue? I thought it was all Madrox (only flipped through it).

I miss Loeb and Kelly. Seriously, that stuff was fun.

I am an issue behind now since I can't make it to the comic shop every week. But Madrox got shunted into some alternate dimension thingy and Wolverine showed up to talk to Layla. :(

I don't think Action is great Morrison, but it's at least decent. Why so much negativity?

I didn't particularly enjoy the last 2 issues of flashbacks and such, but perhaps that's partially because any inclusion of the legion in anything tends to bore me senseless. It also pisses me off that it's basically filler delaying the continuation of the actual story. Characterization bits are good but not when they mean I have to wait 3 months between actual chapters.

I didn't particularly enjoy the last 2 issues of flashbacks and such, but perhaps that's partially because any inclusion of the legion in anything tends to bore me senseless. It also pisses me off that it's basically filler delaying the continuation of the actual story. Characterization bits are good but not when they mean I have to wait 3 months between actual chapters.

It's a new continuity and they need to fill in blanks.

I'll let the Legion comment slip as now I think you are a Communist, but they are a HUGE part of Superman's backstory and are hardly "filler".

The last two issues have been my fave by far.

Seems like the reboot hasn't helped Superman much. Say what you will about the Byrne reboot but it did help revitalize and focus the Superman line for years. I'm not getting that from this reboot.

Seems like the reboot hasn't helped Superman much. Say what you will about the Byrne reboot but it did help revitalize and focus the Superman line for years. I'm not getting that from this reboot.

In terms of sales it's a great relaunch. There's no way to gauge the impact in 5 issues.

I learned to HATE the Byrne relaunch.

I think it is the best thread to ask:

Hey guys,

I'm looking for some Sci-Fi like comics. Do you guys have some recommendation? I really appreciate it.

EC's Sci Fi comics are my favorite, especially the one's Wally Wood did. Check out weird Science.

The Martha Washington comics Frank Miller and Dave Gibbons did were pretty cool.

Transmetropolitan or Planetary are both good.

It's technically a superhero comic, but the original Fantastic Four run by Stan Lee and Jack Kirby deserves to be mentioned.

That's off the top of my head.

EC's Sci Fi comics are my favorite, especially the one's Wally Wood did. Check out weird Science.

The Martha Washington comics Frank Miller and Dave Gibbons did were pretty cool.

Transmetropolitan or Planetary are both good.

It's technically a superhero comic, but the original Fantastic Four run by Stan Lee and Jack Kirby deserves to be mentioned.

That's off the top of my head.

On that note, this wonderful collection was recently released:

61ff0GbieUL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Although I suspect this may be a bit different from what this whippersnapper is requesting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom