• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Community Season 3 |OT| Six Seasons and a Movie... feels Goodman!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jasoco

Banned
The difference is that The Office and Parks have followers. 30 Rock has followers. And if this incident has shown, even Community has a vocal audience.

I don't see anyone talking about how awesome Whitney and Chelsea are.

gabbo

The difference is that The Office and Parks have followers. 30 Rock has followers. And if this incident has shown, even Community has a vocal audience.

I don't see anyone talking about how awesome Whitney and Chelsea are.

True, but those followers aren't exactly large in number these days.
They could spend that Poehler/Fey money on something else to build up new audiences.

DarkFlow

Banned
True, but those followers aren't exactly large in number these days.
They could spend that Poehler/Fey money on something else to build up new audiences.
Doubtful, parks and 30 rock are some of the few shows keeping NBC from looking like a train wreck. If they can them, with the track record they've had with new shows lately that could be bad.

Thomper

Doubtful, parks and 30 rock are some of the few shows keeping NBC from looking like a train wreck. If they can them, with the track record they've had with new shows lately that could be bad.

30 Rock is slowly losing strength, though. It's ratings aren't really that impressive anymore, it's not winning nearly as many awards as it used to, and they're already up to season 6 so salaries are only getting higher. I like 30 Rock, but unless ratings suddenly drastically improve again, I think there will probably only be one more season next year and then the show ends.

DarkFlow

Banned
30 Rock is slowly losing strength, though. It's ratings aren't really that impressive anymore, it's not winning nearly as many awards as it used to, and they're already up to season 6 so salaries are only getting higher. I like 30 Rock, but unless ratings suddenly drastically improve again, I think there will probably only be one more season next year and then the show ends.
Yeah, It's nearing its end for sure, but I think NBC lets fey call it. NBC is pretty fucked no matter what it does at this point. If they some how got big bang and idol, I'm sure they would still flop. They just seem to have the loser stink all over them right now.

Thomper

Yeah, It's nearing its end for sure, but I think NBC lets fey call it. NBC is pretty fucked no matter what it does at this point. If they some how got big bang and idol, I'm sure they would still flop. They just seem to have the loser stink all over them right now.
I'm curious to see how The Voice does. If that has great ratings, and it helps launch Smash impressively, I hope we can see NBC slowly crawl back up again. A network that has stuff like Community, Parks & Rec and Chuck deserves better than last place.

You're probably right about 30 Rock, but I can imagine that Tina Fey will be done with it after 7 seasons too. That's a pretty impressive run, and I'm sure she can get another show on the air relatively quick if she wants to as well.

big ander

No.
z1zMc.gif

but seriously, it's a community discussion thread. people will discuss community. you will look at the thread for 2 seconds if all you're looking for is a return date. deal with it.

Before the end of S3? No

Is S4 likely? Not really

S4 is fairly likely. I'd say 70% chance of renewal. Maybe a bit more. The recent ratings have shown that it wasn't just Community that got low ratings but that the time slot it was in is no good for NBC right now.

Add in that Whiney and Cheasea are doing worse than Community was... things are looking fairly good for Community to come back

Solo

You'd love that, wouldn't you?

No need to get defensive. I don't watch the show anymore, and it doesn't conflict with any show I do watch. I have nothing to gain, nor anything to lose, by Community being cancelled. I'm just connecting the fairly obvious dots to the conclusion that the show's days are very numbered.

No need to get defensive. I don't watch the show anymore, and it doesn't conflict with any show I do watch. I have nothing to gain, nor anything to lose, by Community being cancelled. I'm just connecting the fairly obvious dots to the conclusion that the show's days are very numbered.

I think we'll get one more season, and then that will be it.

Solo

Well, that would be a lot more than it would get on any other network. Only on a network treading water as badly as NBC can a show like Chuck get 5 seasons and a show like Community get maybe 4. Both would have been axed in S1 on most of the other networks.

S4 is fairly likely. I'd say 70% chance of renewal. Maybe a bit more. The recent ratings have shown that it wasn't just Community that got low ratings but that the time slot it was in is no good for NBC right now.

Add in that Whiney and Cheasea are doing worse than Community was... things are looking fairly good for Community to come back

I know all this, I'm just choosing to be mostly pessimistic so I don't get too disappointed if it does happen. I have no idea how NBC is going to react now it knows that Thursdays at 8 is completely and utterly fucked, though. We'll see. Still gonna assume second-worst possible scenario.

big ander

Keep in mind though, with the Whitney and Chelsea thing, that they are not on as good a night. I still think the network would choose Community over either if it truly came down to it, but I don't know that it will.

Well, that would be a lot more than it would get on any other network. Only on a network treading water as badly as NBC can a show like Chuck get 5 seasons and a show like Community get maybe 4. Both would have been axed in S1 on most of the other networks.

That that's why we love NBC

Or not.

Probably both shows would have done better on other channels. Maybe not much, but better enough.

I mean, I could easily see Community following Its Always Sunny.

I think the same as Nappuccino

Shortened 4th season unless the ratings are crazy when (if) it returns.

I think the same as Nappuccino

Shortened 4th season unless the ratings are crazy when (if) it returns.

It would be amazing if they gave community a new timeslot and it starts doing mid 2's or higher again.

edit: And I'm hoping Community gets enough episodes to be a shoe in for syndication. That might even be enough to get another channel to pick up another season (though this is super optimistic of me)

It would be amazing if they gave community a new timeslot and it starts doing mid 2's or higher again.

edit: And I'm hoping Community gets enough episodes to be a shoe in for syndication. That might even be enough to get another channel to pick up another season (though this is super optimistic of me)

What scripted shows on NBC actually pull above a 2? The Office and what else?

Has anyone purchased the HD episodes from Amazon Instant Video? I was wondering how that worked. Can I buy them all in HD and then stream them whenever/wherever I want AND ALSO download them to my PC and do whatever I want with them DRM-free?

big ander

On my way to see Harmontown at the SF Sketchfest....cannot wait!
supposedly he got really drunk and racist (though I'm guessing he was doing that as a joke). true? Or maybe I'm thinking of nerdist.
Has anyone purchased the HD episodes from Amazon Instant Video? I was wondering how that worked. Can I buy them all in HD and then stream them whenever/wherever I want AND ALSO download them to my PC and do whatever I want with them DRM-free?
I don't think so. I have terriers season 1 in HD and I can't really download it anywhere, can only stream. Which sort of really sucks, because then you don't ACTUALLY get HD. you basically pay extra for it to take longer to buffer every time you watch.

Al-ibn Kermit

That that's why we love NBC

Or not.

Probably both shows would have done better on other channels. Maybe not much, but better enough.

I mean, I could easily see Community following Its Always Sunny.

Not on the same network on the same night, I love both shows and honestly do actually watch them back-to-back in Thursdays but the writers of each show have a pretty different sense of humor. A show like Archer fits well after Sunny though.

Cindres

Vied for a tag related to cocks, so here it is.
Started watching Parks and Rec to fill the void, along with Archer this is currently tiding me along very nicely.

Prediction: Community will return at the same time as Bobs Burgers.

Its probably been discussed, but since the show followed the calendar year, were going to get a valentines day episode in april, arent we?

rCIZZLE

As far as Chuck goes I think it would have done a lot better on a different network or time slot. That Monday 8pm death slot a few years back would likely claim the lives of any new show. I'm genuinely surprised that Community isn't successful. The first couple seasons were about as funny as anything else on network tv.

Are you having fun yet? sounds like it.

The pilot was cool, but the part where he burns the stars and stripes in episode 2 hooked me. Episode 3 is similarly fantastic. I wasn't expecting such a glorious farce of a comedy, but that's what I got. Also, Martin Starr, yay.

big ander

Just bought season 1 and 2 on DVD.

I couldn't find any blu ray sets. They don't exist right?

Still looks pretty good on standard def.

Nah, no blus unfortunately. But the show does look fairly great just on DVD, and the special features are fucking fantastic.
I see what you did there...

To me the part of Party Down that made me watch the show was the clip where he pukes his guts out after the reunion.
I don't know which part made me watch, but I do know that every part is wonderful. All of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom