• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Community Season 3 |OT| Six Seasons and a Movie... feels Goodman!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Apoc29

I thought Pierce was gonna pretend to be Chevy Chase.

French Stewart got fucking old. Should've taken some aging lessons from Joseph Gordon-Levitt.

dean = moby?

The DJ guy played "Not Moby" on an episode of How I Met Your Mother. When I started watching Community, I kid you not, I went back and watched that episode because I thought Jim Rash was that guy. The fact that he showed up in an episode and was compared to Dean Pelton made my night.

This was an awesome episode. I also like how they separated Troy and Abed, right when people here were starting to complain Troy and Abed were basically the same person now. Good stuff.

Torn about this episode. Really enjoyed half of it, other half didn't work.

While doing some cleaning earlier today I watched the first three episodes of season 1 on dvd. INCREDIBLY strange to watch those three and go straight into tonight's episode lol.

Definitely going to be watching for ratings tomorrow. Hopefully it can sustain that bump.

The DJ guy played "Not Moby" on an episode of How I Met Your Mother. When I started watching Community, I kid you not, I went back and watched that episode because I thought Jim Rash was that guy. The fact that he showed up in an episode and was compared to Dean Pelton made my night.

oh. i took me a while before i recognized him. it played mind games with me.

this episode was terrible/awesome at the same time. jeff stuff felt extremely forced

but i liked how theyre taking the dark timeline forward

Arment

I lost it when the Dean reacted to Jeff. I knew it was coming but the way he did it was so perfect. Intense laughter.

Evil Abed! Hot, hot hot hot.

Troy and Abed fighting bums me out big time.

Basically, I loved this episode.

Abed not participating in the handshake hurt me deep.

Yeah, not cool Abed.

Magnus

Wait, that actually was French Stewart? lol

Show's lost some of its magic. Too exhausted to figure it out now but, yeah. Had its moments tonight though.

Raxus

I saw it coming but it makes sense at this point in the Abed and Troy relationship. Troy is becoming an adult faster than anyone in the group and Abed refuses to change it is almost maddening when you think about it. Abed has almost always the saint in all the episodes he has been in so far.

tumblr_m1bc8v86E51qdjpn8o1_500.gif

gabbo

I lost it when the Dean reacted to Jeff. I knew it was coming but the way he did it was so perfect. Intense laughter.

Evil Abed! Hot, hot hot hot.

Troy and Abed fighting bums me out big time.

It was a good episode, the Dean's reaction to Jeff by far being the best part.
I also liked that Britta, while still being her season 3 kooky self, was the grounded one of the group again for the most part (And white Michael Jackson to boot!).

Not sure the ego apple cutaways/thought bubbles were necessary though.

Willy105 said:
Love this show.
Also, I liked the Chang storyline, I want to see it continued.

You will enjoy upcoming episodes very much.

XeroSauce

That ending tore me apart.

That being said I don't approve of the cheap graphics employed by this new director, it was gimmicky last episode as well.

Maddog

I was kind of hoping that Abed was paying French Stewart to have all his friends dress up as celebrities. It played out fine but it just seems like the kind of meta thing he would do.

So yeah, where are all those "Troy and Abed are the same exact people" folks now? It's always been clear that there's a huge difference between the two, and they perfectly accentuated that difference tonight.

I also felt sad at the end. A really odd episode that I'll need to watch a few more times. I did enjoy Annie's reactions to Jeff though. She's hot for him still.

Did someone say 'foreshadowing'? Great episode. Jeff's Hulk-out was wonderful. The Dean's bit was... disturbing, and the Troy/Abed storyline is going somewhere cool. Anyone else sensing Abed is about to get way more unlikeable?

Well, I definitely know why these two episodes were switched.

I also feel like their original order would have been better for the characters... maybe on the dvd they'll swap them back, although I don't think they've done that yet...

Well, I definitely know why these two episodes were switched.

I also feel like their original order would have been better for the characters... maybe on the dvd they'll swap them back, although I don't think they've done that yet...

They make more sense this way. Troy and Abed were pally as usual last week- this week, things have changed.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
Decent episode. A little too silly for me at times, but it had its moments. Britta as Michael Jackson was great and the Dean's reaction to Jeff in aviators was quite funny. Also, hot hothothot.

Rinoa

Enjoyed the episode, esp the Dean's reaction but I didn't like the graphic bits. Once or twice ok, but they seemed to reuse a lot. Graphics like that should be reserved for dreamatorium stuff.

Sad about Troy/Abed but I can only imagine Dark Abed gets out and this ends up in an epic rescue of real-Abed from a dark timeline.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom