• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Community Season 3 |OT| Six Seasons and a Movie... feels Goodman!

Status
Not open for further replies.

bengraven

Joel was really playing Winger in that Nintendo commercial.

I half expected him to say "WATCH COMMUNITY ON NBC" during it.

So yeah, I'm gonna quit watching community; it's just getting weirder and weirder. I just don't enjoy the show any more.

Been nice chatting w/ you guys.

Later, bro. I understand when you're just done with a show, despite people loving it. No hostility meant.

I watched it yesterday and loved it. I had no idea Morgan Spurlock had a show on Hulu. I need to watch a few more of them.

And yes, like kai said, SPOILERS for the FINALE - heavy spoilers for one of the last scenes of the season.

Finally caught up and actually rewatched it now that I'm home from Boston.

Jeff does get the hats back from the direction that they were thrown to. Nice. Attention to details.

I wonder if this would have aired when they were still filming the back half of the season if the number during the pledge drive would have been an actual number for an on-set phone. I love it when TV shows do that.

I wonder if this would have aired when they were still filming the back half of the season if the number during the pledge drive would have been an actual number for an on-set phone. I love it when TV shows do that.

I just wish they would have covered up one of the fives. I hate seeing 555-xxxx in any movie because it totally ruins the illusion :(

ah well

mattp

my girlfriend had a great suggestion:
replace chevy chase with steve martin as pierce. next season should just start with someone making a comment that pierce lost a lot of weight and it's steve martin. then never mention the switch again.

big ander

replace chevy chase with steve martin as pierce. next season should just start with someone making a comment that pierce lost a lot of weight and it's steve martin. then never mention the switch again.
people have suggested this a lot with martin or murray and they fail to realize that neither of those people would EVER do a network sitcom. EVER.

So no resolution on the Subway/Britta romance plot? Or is that still to come?

-------
If they lose Chevy, just leave Pierce trapped in the PillowMan suit and reuse old audio clips.

gabbo

So no resolution on the Subway/Britta romance plot? Or is that still to come?

-------
If they lose Chevy, just leave Pierce trapped in the PillowMan suit and reuse old audio clips.

Britta seemed pretty weirded out by the new guy taking up the Subway mantel, acting like he was the original person. I think that's done with, back to Troy romance and/or on again/off again with Jeff.

mattp said:
If they do lose him next season, just write him out of the show somehow. I hate when actors are hired to fill a take over a role in an ensemble when an original cast member leaves

Britta seemed pretty weirded out by the new guy taking up the Subway mantel, acting like he was the original person. I think that's done with, back to Troy romance and/or on again/off again with Jeff.

yup, they're definitely going the Troy romance route

gabbo

yup, they're definitely going the Troy romance route

Yep, looks to be that way. Now I wonder what
the text message he sent was. My guess would be "I love you."
. Spoiler'd for Left CoastGAF.

Didn't think Shirley was needed, could have been anyone with Jeff really, but I liked the episode overall. That poor, poor dalmatian....

edit:
I need help reacting to something.
Best line/delivery of the year right there.

Strange lighting this episode. Also kind of weird tonally, it was carrying itself so seriously at times that attempted comedy felt strange. Having said that, I like how the characters interacted, definitely one of the episodes that felt like our heroes are changing/evolving/etc.

big ander

Well that was a FANTASTIC episode. Had character growth and hilarity. Great runners (the dean's "yikes"), weird but functional intertextuality with Blade, amazing one offs (I need help reacting to something). Had it all.

Daft_Cat

Fun episode. So far I'm preferring the latter half of season 3.

Probably also should weigh in on the Harmon/Chevy debate. The impression I'm getting is that their personalities never particularly meshed; only difference is now it's public. Suppose any press is good press, and if anyone can reach out to the lowest common denominator of viewers, it's TMZ.

Was sort of sad to hear that Chevy actually doesn't really like the show, though. Maybe it's because Community's so meta sometimes, but I kind of just associate the actors with the characters they play, so it feels weird hearing about "behind-the-scenes" drama on a show like this.

I really liked tonight's episode. I liked that this week had some abnormal pairings...Jeff and Shirley, Annie and Britta, Pierce and Chang. Although I feel like the Jeff/Blade story was done (and done better) back with Rich last season. At some point, Jeff has got to stop realizing something about himself and actually start acting like he's had all these realizations.

Liked everything about the show except the Chang/Pearce arc. It felt a little.... off. Forced, or they tried to put too much into to short of a timeframe. I get that the joke was supposed to be that they become best friends and breakup in the matter of an hour or so, but it didn't quite register for me.

The main story was good though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom