• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Community Season 3 |OT| Six Seasons and a Movie... feels Goodman!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just finished "Mixology Certification" for S2. Fantastic episode. One of my favorites. I felt a real connection with Troy because I don't drink myself, and that episode was able to express why I don't better than anyway I could think of.

I follow Community in an unusual manner. I don't watch any of the episodes when they air, but just pick up the entire season on DVD. I did it for S1 and S2

"Mixology Certification" is among my top two episodes with "Basic Rocket Science" and "Epidemiology" in a respectable third (or technically second, can't decide which is better between the first two).

Green Scar said:
Obviously this is an amazing opportunity for you to start your own study group. If you haven't fought off a zombie outbreak, engaged in an all-out paintball war and become clay-mation by next season, something has gone terribly wrong.

YES

now to find someone with ass burgers.

VGChampion said:
I thought I heard it wasn't. I know someone said they'll be out of campus more which I found disappointing.

They will always be going out of campus because, in 2 more years, if the show were to continue they'd have to leave campus. At least, some of the characters.

big ander

AgentWhiskers said:
Kinda wish thread title was "Community Season 3 |OT| Omar comin... feels Goodman!"
Eh, I'm really excited about both guest stars but I like the "six seasons and a movie" part better.
VGChampion said:
I thought I heard it wasn't. I know someone said they'll be out of campus more which I found disappointing.
Well, the lyrics to the song and dance number in the promo are "we're gonna have more fun and be less weird." Now, that of course takes place in a song and dance number. But still, season 2 was a lot about experimenting in different ways, and season 3 should hopefully just experiment in more fun ways. It can still do that while leaving campus more than previous seasons.

I will say that Community Season 2 makes a lot more sense when you a) directly follow season 1 with it and b) watch a few episodes in a row.

The episodes I didn't care for seem much more natural when framed by two pretty great episodes.

graywolf323

wish they'd put the show out on blu-ray

one of my favorite shows airing right now, can't wait for season 3 :-D

btw Donald Glover's twitter is wrong in the OP, here's his actual one

https://twitter.com/#!/DonaldGlover

graywolf323 said:
wish they'd put the show out on blu-ray

one of my favorite shows airing right now, can't wait for season 3 :-D

btw Donald Glover's twitter is wrong in the OP, here's his actual one

https://twitter.com/#!/DonaldGlover

I wish he was still DonGlover. That seems like one of those things where you just learn to laugh with it and be awesome enough to say "Yes, I'm Donglover, you want to make something of it?"

big ander

Nappuccino said:
I wish he was still DonGlover. That seems like one of those things where you just learn to laugh with it and be awesome enough to say "Yes, I'm Donglover, you want to make something of it?"
Didn't he do Donglover on purpose though? I mean, the reason he didn't go straight to donaldglover was because his dad had it and I'm pretty sure his dad would have given it up for him whenever.

Mordeccai

Between this and watching Mad Men, I'm going to have an Allison Brie overload.

u4rrE.gif

Catalix

And on the sixth day the LORD David Bowie created man and woman in His image. And he saw that it was good. On the seventh day the LORD created videogames so that He might take the bloody day off for once.
Medalion said:
LOL nobody could touch my post count on the previous thread :D
Which reminds me...

Medalion 09-03-2010 said:
I don't intend to post as much in these Community threads, I don't wanna preach to the choir. You will be able to catch up and exceed no problem. If anything, I have proven I can stay away from participating in these kinda threads in the past few months.
too perfect :lol

LCfiner

I’m pretty happy about this show coming back. I got on the show late by watching season 1 on netflix a little while back. it’s really a show that clicks with me - I like the quick, fast paced one liners.

I’m not exactly in love with all the gifs that infested Gaf a while back when the show started. I feel the humour is more verbal and the gifs kinda trivialize the show. but, whatever, #anniesboobs

Catalix

And on the sixth day the LORD David Bowie created man and woman in His image. And he saw that it was good. On the seventh day the LORD created videogames so that He might take the bloody day off for once.
Medalion said:
You only caught on to that just now? LOL

Yes I am my own worst hypocrite, but it's Communiteh for god sakes!
Nah, even when you posted it back then, I remember thinking "suuuuuure" ;P

It's still my favorite post from last thread, though. The final outcome is quite impressive! :bow

Catalix

RobotNinjaHornets said:
Watched this all the way through a few weeks ago, should be fun watching at normal speed this time :D
Wait, are you one of those dudes who always watches DVR recordings/DVDs at x1.5 speed?

mj1108

Green Scar said:
You ruined my glorious title you jag! (Nah, I like it better, I wanted to see Goodman referenced too :lol)

Can't wait. Also can't believe it's still under two weeks away D:

EDIT: WALL OF FUCKING SHAME

ESEu1.png

I will aspire to post than 92 times this season :D (I'll actually be watching the show from the beginning this time, lol)

Yes! Top 10! Woohoo!!!

GoutPatrol

Forgotten in his cell
Superimposer said:
Anywhere I can recap? I have a terrible memory and can't remember what the hell happened in Season 2. Has Chang been fired? What went on in the last episode?

If you want a super-detailed one, The AVClub did a episode-by-episode breakdown of Season 2 with Dan Harmon. Reading that and getting the second season on DVD for the commentaries will be all you need. Lots of great information in both. Going through them has given me even a greater respect for how good the second season was, just because they were flying by the seat of their pants for all of the second half. For something like Critical Film Studies, where Joel McHale and Danny Pudi were getting their sides minutes before they were shooting, is a testamount to the quality of the acting and their ability to think on their feet.

Harmon has said that he is getting influence from The Wire for the 3rd season to serialize it more. I think his perfect show would be The Wire meets Cheers.

Jasoco

Banned
Green Scar said:
You ruined my glorious title you jag! (Nah, I like it better, I wanted to see Goodman referenced too :lol)

Can't wait. Also can't believe it's still under two weeks away D:

EDIT: WALL OF FUCKING SHAME

ESEu1.png

I will aspire to post than 92 times this season :D (I'll actually be watching the show from the beginning this time, lol)
Wow, top 6! Gotta keep that going!

Catalix

GoutPatrol said:
Harmon has said that he is getting influence from The Wire for the 3rd season to serialize it more. I think his perfect show would be The Wire meets Cheers.
Harmon's been saying all the right things to get me excited again.

Medalion said:
post#45 will be where I will centralize "spoilers" for Season 3

I updated it with info regarding Chang
Neat idea.

Medalion

Banned
cory. said:
But are you posting them as they come or a specified time before the air date?
Well I am not doing anything particularly special... it will come from the official site, just reposted, and whenever I see it I will post it

Medalion

Banned
Actually, I am doing this more for the premiere... as the season progresses spoilers will be contributed and posted as they come and the OP will not be updated as much

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom