• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Despacito ties Boyz II Men's (and Mariah's) record for longest No. 1 on Billboard 100

EYEL1NER

Good for them. I've managed to go this long without hearing the singer all but I've always liked Daddy Yankee.

99Luffy

Banned
People have moved on from despacito to Mi Gente over here.
Keep the music coming spanish people its better than hearing taylor swift on the radio.

plainr_

This song was just background noise to me until someone on this site had to make a thread about it a few months back. Now that I'm aware of it, it never goes unnoticed whenever it's on. Fuck.

sappyday

I went from hating this song to liking it after visiting Guatemala. That song was everywhere (bieberless version) over there and thankfully it was one of my favorite trips so the song now has that connotation.

Mumei

I like "One Sweet Day", but it's not that good. I never knew this. I wonder what made it that popular.

Mariah Carey was near the peak of her popularity (Music Box sold ~10 million and Daydream (which OSD was the second single for) would go on to do the same), Boyz II Men had had two other singles with 14 and 13 weeks at #1, and it had a broadly appealing subject about meeting one's loved ones again.

But I think it deserves it for the acapella track which is >>>>> your faves

Mariah Carey was near the peak of her popularity (Music Box sold ~10 million and Daydream (which OSD was the second single for) would go on to do the same), Boyz II Men had had two other singles with 14 and 13 weeks at #1, and it had a broadly appealing subject about meeting one's loved ones again.

But I think it deserves it for the acapella track which is >>>>> your faves
It's basically the equivalent of Taylor Swift at her peak collaborating with One Direction at their peak, except respectively ten times more popular.

And talented.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
Still haven't heard it in the wild. I'm sure Wait Wait Don't Tell Me will have bit on it at the weekend.

you popgaf people disgust me

Nope, there's totally no bias against PopGaf at all.

OT: Despacito is a shitty song and as much as I don't like Taylor Swift, I want it to go #1 just to knock it off the top. If there was any justice, Wild Thoughts would've already taken the #1 spot weeks ago

I hope Bowie's record of youtube reproductions on a single day isnt beaten by Justin Bieber

...its totally going to happen, fuck

Isn't there a user here named Mariah Carey?

I wonder if they'll touchdown in this thread.

smh this is why I'm glad that wretched comm was [a x e d]

anyway I was linked this song last night and I hope it takes the crown in the following weeks despite dad yank having much better songs in his oeuvre.

bieber and some rando spanish stuff will end up being far more relevant in the next 20 years than mariah (or b2m, lol) has been in the last 20.

Top Bottom