• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny pre-order materials leak [Up3: Box Art/Info, 360/PS3, Retailer Says Oct 6]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well the fact that a PS3 sku is shown means the contract must have changed. Its probably a multiplatform game.

Doesn't show the contract has changed. It shows that making a PS3 version was technically feasible, hence why it's being made. That's what the contract said regarding PS3.

The real kicker is if Destiny is a timed exclusive for Durango and not Orbis, as the contract hints.

Arnie

Don't read too much into the 'PS3/360' wording.

It will arrive in some form on at least one next generation system, but there's no way they'd write that on pre-order information now. Wait for the consoles to be announced first.

StuBurns

Banned
PS3 version was on the contract actually, it was 360/"720"/PS3. it was that they weren't obligated to release it in Fall 2013 but no later than Fall 2014.
No, the contract says they will not ship the PS3 version along with the 360/720 versions this fall, they may release it next fall, if the port is less than $2M, and the market for the platform is viable, it specifically say they will not be required to provide a PS3 version for this fall.

Ignore the contract, it's out of date.

I wonder if Reggie or anyone at Nintendo atleast tried to get this game on their platform.

Game looks awesome, hopefully it will be the reason why I get Durgano. :)

dan2026

J18bnst.gif

I want to know more about this gif.

Why are there so many monkeys?
Why are they chasing a man with a cart?
Why are people watching?

There are so many questions!

Vire

i wish everyone would say Chromehounds instead of sayong borderlands.

The whole create your character and customize weapons I think is why people are saying Borderlands.

Eitherway Bungie must be having the time of their lives reading this thread.

Stark

Banned
Would be awesome if that's the final cover. Somehow, I have the feeling that Activision will want a male protagonist posing with a gun and more blue and orange.

Holy shit there's blue and orange on it. When will this end!

Blueblur1

If it ends up being a great game and current gen only then I don't know if I'd even buy a next gen system this year. Maybe things will change come e3.

Also, most peoplec(including me!) seem to have issues remembering what was in that contract. For example, there's nothing preventing ps3/360 same day release, just that its not required.

Pooya

No, the contract says they will not ship the PS3 version along with the 360/720 versions this fall, they may release it next fall, if the port is less than $2M, and the market for the platform is viable, it specifically say they will not be required to provide a PS3 version for this fall.

your two sentences contradict with each other, the contract says Bungie isn't required to release a PS3 SKU in Fall 2013, but there isn't anything in there denying a release in Fall 2013. It was clearly for development difficulties as you say. it was all about "technical feasibility"

you can read it here http://documents.latimes.com/bungie-activision-contract/

Vire

Man searching Twitter for leaks is a lesson in futility. All that comes up is people talking about fate and Destiny's child.

:lol

Gorillaz

Wait a minute......time out

Didn't Randy Pitchfork say last year he knows of a few titles coming out trying to be a "borderlands killer"? Was he talking about Destiny then?

GAMERG0D

Under the PS3 barcode on the back of that card there is a number "84655" while under the Xbox 360 barcode there is "84657". There's a missing blank here.

bangai-o

Banned
Wait a minute......time out

Didn't Randy Pitchfork say last year he knows of a few titles coming out trying to be a "borderlands killer"? Was he talking about Destiny then?

dont listen to anything that guy says. havent you been keeping up with Aliens Colonial Marines?

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Under the PS3 barcode on the back of that card there is a number "84655" while under the Xbox 360 barcode there is "84657". There's a missing blank here.

On the French website there's two entries for "Occasion" versions, which I assume is pre-order or limited edition.

http://www.micromania.fr/vente/achat_destiny_Jeu-52020-XBOX360.html
http://www.micromania.fr/vente/achat_destiny_Jeu-52021-XBOX360.html
http://www.micromania.fr/vente/achat_destiny_Jeu-52022-XBOX360.html
http://www.micromania.fr/vente/achat_destiny_Jeu-52023-XBOX360.html

Hey You

Soo, PS3/360 only?

I find it strange Activision would release these preorder cards saying only 360/PS3 if it indeed will have next gen versions...

They will probably manufacture the pre-order cards once both next gen platforms are announced. Obviously you'll be able to start pre-ordering it on Sunday, but both platforms won't be announced by then.

StuBurns

Banned
your two sentences contradict with each other, the contract says Bungie isn't required to release a PS3 SKU in Fall 2013, but there isn't anything in there denying a release in Fall 2013. It was clearly for development difficulties as you say. it was all about "technical feasibility"

you can read it here http://documents.latimes.com/bungie-activision-contract/
It says in no event will Bungie be required to ship on PS3 and 360 this year. And they are.

The year later port to PS3 is a question of feasibility within the contract, the idea of a simultaneous launch isn't included at all.

Xbudz

I think people expected next gen platforms to be announced along with this game for some reason.

^This.
I feel the Xbox 360 is too old for my first outing on Bungie's next big game.
Bungie starting fresh should be on new hardware IMO.

They will probably manufacture the pre-order cards once both next gen platforms are announced. Obviously you'll be able to start pre-ordering it on Sunday, but both platforms won't be announced by then.

I'm wondering why Activision will even release these cards then before PS4/720 are announced then. From the pictures it seems these are pretty final and already sent out to retailers.

Making another set to include PS4/720 seems...impractical and counterproductive to me.

GAMERG0D

So PS4 "84656" and 720 "84658"?
I think they might be Ltd. Editions of the 360 and PS3 versions as Nirolak suggested

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom