• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Election 2016 [Mafia] | Everlasting GOPstoppers

Status
Not open for further replies.

cabot

giphy.gif

Ahh ok. Yes, that does make sense. But still this is a very unstable assumption. I would say considering this it is maybe a 60% chance we have a Vigilante and 40% for the SK.

But was there ever a SK aligned with town? Because I think even an "insane person with gun" would support GOP flavor wise, since they do support gun obsession.

Ok I give you the flavor of my role if you think it helps to better understand my win conditions.

If scum is killed during the day, the assumption is near, that I "actively" tried to help GOP to track it down -> I fulfilled obligation for my country -> GOP approves my visa -> I have a chance to win the game.

If scum is killed during the night, I did nothing to help GOP -> I don't benefit my country -> they don't approve my visa -> I will not be able to win the game since I have no power and no alignment.

So yes, of course I want to help town because more than anything I really want to place a vote for real.

That sounds hard to believe. There's an SK roaming around. A scum could have died by chance N1. Locked out of a win on N1 as a possbility?

*Splinter

That sounds hard to believe. There's an SK roaming around. A scum could have died by chance N1. Locked out of a win on N1 as a possbility?
Not necessarily, it sounds like it wouldn't give BSP a vote but that doesn't mean she's be locked out on future scum kills.

BSP's defense is not as anticipated, I am confused

Ahh ok. Yes, that does make sense. But still this is a very unstable assumption. I would say considering this it is maybe a 60% chance we have a Vigilante and 40% for the SK.

But was there ever a SK aligned with town? Because I think even an "insane person with gun" would support GOP flavor wise, since they do support gun obsession.

You're giving any sk a little space there aren't you?

Both players killed were helpful to town, and asides from an argument Sorian and Palmer had, I don't remember them particularly attacking any one person.

In other words: they were natural N1 kills for any anti town players

El Topo

I'd just like to point out that Burbeting was killed by his totally legal housekeeper Esperanza. If there is an illegal immigrant role, would Ouro use this to give us a hint or just as a joke?

Ourobolus

Banned
I'd just like to point out that Burbeting was killed by his totally legal housekeeper Esperanza. If there is an illegal immigrant role, would Ouro use this to give us a hint or just as a joke?

None of the flavors of anyone's role (or death) have anything to do with anyone else's.

And besides, it was Louisiana's education system that killed him.

El Topo

Anyway, why exactly was Lone_Prodigy accused in the first place? I don't think he has put up much of a defense, but it's weird nonetheless.

Palmer_v1

I just can't get over how poorly her described role would fit with a GOP team.

I know we joked about voteless meaning she doesn't fit with the electorate either, but it could easily be a Florida electorate that is simply too stupid to vote correctly. I now think we actually do have a Vig who is defending her based purely on the assumption some have made that she's a second killer.

I'm not changing my vote. We stand to learn a lot from her flip.

*Splinter

Yeah, but why would mafia act *that* weird? Launch even claimed to have a special role.
Well by "weird" I mean "suspicious", and I doubt it was intentional. Obviously Mafia wouldn't act suspiciously on purpose (well, maybe) but what else are we supposed to look for?

For the record: personally I was undecided on Launch, but willing to wait to get a better read on his intentions. With L_P I'm slightly less hopeful about his future contributions, so I'm forced to think more carefully about his (and Launch's) behaviour

Palmer_v1

Well by "weird" I mean "suspicious", and I doubt it was intentional. Obviously Mafia wouldn't act suspiciously on purpose (well, maybe) but what else are we supposed to look for?

For the record: personally I was undecided on Launch, but willing to wait to get a better read on his intentions. With L_P I'm slightly less hopeful about his future contributions, so I'm forced to think more carefully about his (and Launch's) behaviour

I need to throw something else out in case I die tonight. This post gives me scum vibes. It sounds like he was trying to prevent Launchpad's death, but is now giving himself an excuse to reverse course and bus L_P later on since the player replacement isn't really taking any heat off him. Just remember it if LP flips scum at any point. If LP isn't scum(I have no opinion on that yet), you can probably ignore this first part.

He also did something that bothered me earlier in the day by bringing up that I was after Sorian, but he did it as a "defense" of me, when nobody had even tried to link me to Sorian in that way. Felt like scum trying to cast aspersions at me(hoping I get lynched), but also buddying up to me(in case I don't).

He also went after me a bit yesterday, but basically said it was gut feelings without being able to point to much.

I find it all pretty concerning, but he's not as much of an issue as BSP right now.

Palmer_v1

What kind of flip do you expect?
A backflip?

Any flip from her is useful to us. She's either non-standard Town, which tells us more about our own team, she's neutral, which can give us info about a lot of stuff, or she's scum, which is just a pure win for us.

nin1000

Banned
He also went after me a bit yesterday, but basically said it was gut feelings without being able to point to much.
In his defense though, l have a bad feeling with you aswell. It smells like scum. Nothing concrete but out of all players you just post enough to stay visible and the contributions are not that productive. Of course it is only me and I could be wrong but well.... I dont know about you.

nin1000

Banned
Any flip from her is useful to us. She's either non-standard Town, which tells us more about our own team, she's neutral, which can give us info about a lot of stuff, or she's scum, which is just a pure win for us.
Well what hinders you from agreeing to go on with the plan then? Why not wait?

El Topo

I honestly don't trust Palmer and if I could justify it, I would've campaigned to lynch him. He's one of those guys that just fly under your radar.

Ourobolus

Banned
CURRENT VOTE TALLY:

bananaspaceprincess (4)
Palmer_v1
El Topo
Never Forever
*Splinter
Lone_Prodigy

Lone_Prodigy (5)
Fireblend
Hyperactivity
nin1000
SalvaPot
CornBurrito
CornBurrito
El Topo

Hyperactivity (1)
Kalor
SalvaPot

Fireblend (0)
nin1000
bananaspaceprincess

CornBurrito (0)
nin1000

Kalor (0)
Palmer_v1

Palmer_v1

In his defense though, l have a bad feeling with you aswell. It smells like scum. Nothing concrete but out of all players you just post enough to stay visible and the contributions are not that productive. Of course it is only me and I could be wrong but well.... I dont know about you.

How the fuck am I not being productive? D1 I immediately campaigned to get people voting early, which may have already helped us catch BSP. I also fucked up and possible got Sorian NK'd, but I haven't dodged responsibility on that. D2 I started the day with a plan to go after a small pool of players that nobody disagreed with and only got sidetracked because of BSP, and I was the first person to point out how weird her claim was, and now I'm posting about specific, tangible concerns regarding Splinter.

FFS, should I aspire to play like you instead? As far as I can tell you managed to act scummy enough to nearly get lynched D1, and only got saved by the power of another player. Now you're doing your damnedest to protect a player that most seem to agree is neutral at best. Should I adopt a persona so that I can further annoy players while being nothing but a distraction?

You are the scummiest confirmed-town player I have ever seen.

Well what hinders you from agreeing to go on with the plan then? Why not wait?

What's the plan? I must have missed it.

I honestly don't trust Palmer and if I could justify it, I would've campaigned to lynch him. He's one of those guys that just fly under your radar.

What the fuck do you want from me? I've explained every vote and decision I've made. I will respond to any questions you put forth. I don't dodge contentious issues or pretend I'm not responsible for my previous actions. You think I'm scum but can't find a single reason to vote for me. How the hell does that parse in your mind? If you guys really think I'm a problem for town, stand your ground and vote for me.

Please proceed.

Fireblend

Banned
Alright, there's only like 5 hours left so it's time to gather my thoughts. Not a fan of read lists but maybe it's the format that yields the most amount of info ATM, so here goes - it took me longer to write this than I thought it would, and I wrote it between breaks, so if I screwed up somewhere please speak up, of course any replies on anything I touch on here are more than welcome:

cabot - I think assuming he's town is a pretty strong bet. He's been active and contributing even after having been semi-silenced.

nin1000 - It would be a huge coincidence if he wasn't town and was some sort of stealth mafia player instead, so also most likely town, even though he's done/said things that would have gotten him lynched by now if cabot hadn't used his power on him.

bananaspaceprincess - I'm not a fan of how she's been playing, but she's gotten a lot better today in terms of post quality. I just wish she was a bit more aggressive and forward with her opinion on people. I believe her neutral claim but I think she's actually a strong lynch candidate if we'd rather lose a neutral (who doesn't get to vote anyway) than risk lynching a PR.

El Topo - Strong town vibes. Or, at least if he isn't he's moving the conversation forward in a good way - I don't think a scum player would be so willing to share his thoughts here (for example the way he narrowed down the list to find the voteless player).

Palmer_v1 - I have my doubts about him. He pushed Ouro hard for info on the vote confusion thing and cabot's silence, but those weren't posts that are going to be super useful later nor was he engaging with anyone - scum could make posts like that to seem active while not really revealing anything important. However, that's hardly enough to start a case against him and I feel he's brought up some points since. 50/50, leaning very slightly scum. I think he plays how scum trying to seem active would.

Never Forever - Kind of disappointing in terms of posting frequency. I was actually surprised to see how little he's posted today, I thought it was more. Hasn't said anything of value really; he distrusts banana a bit, I could see him as a surprisingly good lynch candidate for D3 if he doesn't become more active.

Hyperactivity - He and I have been kind of on the same page today. We both went after L_P in some form or another because we had our suspicions about Launch yesterday, and isn't 100% buying banana's claim, or at least that's what I gather from his posts today which are mostly about her. I think he was at some point considered for lynching because of inactivity, but I think he's posted enough that there are better targets if we decided to go that route. Still, 50/50, slightly leaning town.

CornBurrito - He's been defending banana pretty fiercely lately; I have my doubts about him ever since the beginning of the day when he defended me from nin's single vote. He said he was also defending himself but he could have done so by quoting any of the other posts that claimed to be suspicious of the kitty voters - I believe there was some intent to gain my trust there. 50/50.

SalvaPot - Hard to read. His interactions have mostly revolved around Hyper and L_P, first voting for Hyper for going after L_P and talking about how he knew Launch and they were buddies and he knew his playstyle and whatnot (which worries me), but then he kind of turned around and conceded that L_P was a decent lynch choice if based around his inactivity, going so far as to vote for him at one point. That'd be a very aggressive play if it was mafia bussing each other, specially when others were thinking of L_P as a lynch candidate. 50/50

Kalor - Another popular lynch candidate today. I don't think he's been acting particularly suspicious but that's because I'd agree with anyone that said his inactivity alone makes him a good lynch target. He's said next to nothing today and had no original thoughts other than a post about a potential SK variation and some posts against L_P. Our calls for him to post more have gone unanswered. Leaning scum.

*Splinter - Another player I'm finding it difficult to read. He's sort of flying under the radar. His most "substantial" post was a short list of reads where curiously he says he thinks well of me. Another attempt of earning some good will with me, or am I too paranoid? He does lightly point some fingers at people, so that's good. Either way, I can see where people willing to lynch him are coming from. 50/50, super slightly leaning scum but mostly because of inactivity rather than what he's said.

Lone_Prodigy - I have already posted why I feel uncomfortable with him having replaced Launch, but it really isn't his fault and I do think he deserves a fighting chance. Launch may just have been playing aggressively yesterday - I do think he would have been a better lynch target than Kitty, but now it's going to be very hard to build a case about L_P and obviously hindsight is always 20/20. I'm going to say 60-40 leaning scum, but it's mostly a gut feeling now that Launch is gone.

And here's the cherry on top:

UNVOTE
VOTE: bananaspaceprincess

I'm sorry. I believe you're neutral, but there's 2 reasons I think you're the way to go today:

1. We aren't losing any actual voting power by lynching you. Maybe if we hadn't just lost 3 GOP members I would consider letting you live, but we're already severely underpowered compared to yesterday.

2. You've been the center of discussion today. I believe that by figuring out whether you've been telling the truth or not, we're going to have the most amount of info to work with tomorrow. Even if you have been telling the truth, the fact that most of us have given our thoughts on your claim makes me think you'll yield useful info.

Since I think this will be an unpopular opinion, I think good alternatives would be Kalor, and maaaybe Lone_Prodigy, but I urge you guys to consider it.

Palmer_v1

Oh, is the plan to roleblock her? That makes several assumptions.

1. Do we actually have a role blocker? If so, how do we confirm anything without outing them?

2. Assuming we solve 1, what guarantee do we have that RB doesn't die to SK in this scenario? It's not uncommon. What if scum have a watcher? Now they've got another power role to kill.

3. Knowing that this is the plan, if she's scum, they'll simply use someone else to kill. If she's Neutral, she may be able to skip killing for a night as well. Basically a single death night proves nothing for us.

4. The only way I don't lynch her today is if we have an actual vig get revealed, but that shouldn't happen if one even does exist.

5. Occam's razor. Lynch her and be done with it or this will waste most of tomorrow's discussion as well.

Kalor

Oh, is the plan to roleblock her? That makes several assumptions.

1. Do we actually have a role blocker? If so, how do we confirm anything without outing them?

I think we might have a role blocker but it likely has some twist on it like most of the roles we know of so far. At this point in the day all we can do is guess as it would be too risky for them to claim now.

I don't think they are a sk as their role and flavor has made sense in the context of the game. If you have a neutral role in a politics themed guy, why wouldn't you have a neutral illigal immigrate? Though the argument of lynching them so tomorrows discussion is taken up with this is valid.

nin1000

Banned
I think we might have a role blocker but it likely has some twist on it like most of the roles we know of so far. At this point in the day all we can do is guess as it would be too risky for them to claim now.

I don't think they are a sk as their role and flavor has made sense in the context of the game. If you have a neutral role in a politics themed guy, why wouldn't you have a neutral illigal immigrate? Though the argument of lynching them so tomorrows discussion is taken up with this is valid.

Chose your side then, your vote on hyper does not help anyone atm.

Palmer_v1

cabot - I think assuming he's town is a pretty strong bet. He's been active and contributing even after having been semi-silenced.

Agreed

nin1000 - It would be a huge coincidence if he wasn't town and was some sort of stealth mafia player instead, so also most likely town, even though he's done/said things that would have gotten him lynched by now if cabot hadn't used his power on him.

Agreed

El Topo - Strong town vibes. Or, at least if he isn't he's moving the conversation forward in a good way - I don't think a scum player would be so willing to share his thoughts here (for example the way he narrowed down the list to find the voteless player).

Mostly agree, though I feel like there's some cognitive dissonance in the last part.

Palmer_v1 - I have my doubts about him. He pushed Ouro hard for info on the vote confusion thing and cabot's silence, but those weren't posts that are going to be super useful later nor was he engaging with anyone - scum could make posts like that to seem active while not really revealing anything important. However, that's hardly enough to start a case against him and I feel he's brought up some points since. 50/50, leaning very slightly scum. I think he plays how scum trying to seem active would.

First, see all my comments to El Top and nin. Second, how is El Topo trying to find the voteless a good thing, but me doing it is a bad thing? Third, I don't think I ever even referenced Cabot's silence. It seemed pretty evident what was going on, as what he's doing is exactly what I suggested for one of the ONUW roles. This is concerning cause I'm not sure if you're confused or being malicious here. Fourth, how was I not engaging anyone when I embarked on a D1 campaign against Sorian, and D2 campaign against BSP? I only have one playstyle, so I don't really understand all of the baseless accusations today.

Never Forever - Kind of disappointing in terms of posting frequency. I was actually surprised to see how little he's posted today, I thought it was more. Hasn't said anything of value really; he distrusts banana a bit, I could see him as a surprisingly good lynch candidate for D3 if he doesn't become more active.

Hyperactivity - He and I have been kind of on the same page today. We both went after L_P in some form or another because we had our suspicions about Launch yesterday, and isn't 100% buying banana's claim, or at least that's what I gather from his posts today which are mostly about her. I think he was at some point considered for lynching because of inactivity, but I think he's posted enough that there are better targets if we decided to go that route. Still, 50/50, slightly leaning town.

Agree. Hyper and Kalor were my early lynch candidates, but Hyper has seemed more pro-twn than Kalor.

CornBurrito - He's been defending banana pretty fiercely lately; I have my doubts about him ever since the beginning of the day when he defended me from nin's single vote. He said he was also defending himself but he could have done so by quoting any of the other posts that claimed to be suspicious of the kitty voters - I believe there was some intent to gain my trust there. 50/50.

He has been rather single-minded in his actions today, it feels like. I haven't read it as scummy cause it's dangerous for scum to focus in on one thing.

SalvaPot - Hard to read. His interactions have mostly revolved around Hyper and L_P, first voting for Hyper for going after L_P and talking about how he knew Launch and they were buddies and he knew his playstyle and whatnot (which worries me), but then he kind of turned around and conceded that L_P was a decent lynch choice if based around his inactivity, going so far as to vote for him at one point. That'd be a very aggressive play if it was mafia bussing each other, specially when others were thinking of L_P as a lynch candidate. 50/50

He's someone I wanted to check into more, but haven't had time, and we have far more obvious targets for now. It falls in line with my general plan regarding Kalor/Hyper, that if Scum were trying to spread votes out D1, voting for a fellow scum is a possibility.

Kalor - Another popular lynch candidate today. I don't think he's been acting particularly suspicious but that's because I'd agree with anyone that said his inactivity alone makes him a good lynch target. He's said next to nothing today and had no original thoughts other than a post about a potential SK variation and some posts against L_P. Our calls for him to post more have gone unanswered. Leaning scum.

He's my second favorite lynch for today,

*Splinter - Another player I'm finding it difficult to read. He's sort of flying under the radar. His most "substantial" post was a short list of reads where curiously he says he thinks well of me. Another attempt of earning some good will with me, or am I too paranoid? He does lightly point some fingers at people, so that's good. Either way, I can see where people willing to lynch him are coming from. 50/50, super slightly leaning scum but mostly because of inactivity rather than what he's said.

Just posted my thoughts here.

Lone_Prodigy - I have already posted why I feel uncomfortable with him having replaced Launch, but it really isn't his fault and I do think he deserves a fighting chance. Launch may just have been playing aggressively yesterday - I do think he would have been a better lynch target than Kitty, but now it's going to be very hard to build a case about L_P and obviously hindsight is always 20/20. I'm going to say 60-40 leaning scum, but it's mostly a gut feeling now that Launch is gone.

He'll be worth revisiting once we have other leads exposed, I think.

And here's the cherry on top:

UNVOTE
VOTE: bananaspaceprincess

I'm sorry. I believe you're neutral, but there's 2 reasons I think you're the way to go today:

1. We aren't losing any actual voting power by lynching you. Maybe if we hadn't just lost 3 GOP members I would consider letting you live, but we're already severely underpowered compared to yesterday.

2. You've been the center of discussion today. I believe that by figuring out whether you've been telling the truth or not, we're going to have the most amount of info to work with tomorrow. Even if you have been telling the truth, the fact that most of us have given our thoughts on your claim makes me think you'll yield useful info.

Since I think this will be an unpopular opinion, I think good alternatives would be Kalor, and maaaybe Lone_Prodigy, but I urge you guys to consider it.

I obviously agree with point 2. BSP will continue to be a distraction regardless of anything we find from tonight's actions.

Kalor

Chose your side then, your vote on hyper does not help anyone atm.

I'm split on the two as I don't think either are scum but we get information from both. I'm not committed to this for now, Lone_Prodigy could say something that sways me but who knows.

Vote: Lone_Prodigy

Fireblend

Banned
Lone_Prodigy (5)
Hyperactivity
nin1000
SalvaPot
CornBurrito
El Topo
Splinter

Players in the list above (and *Splinter): Please, respond to the reasons I provided for voting bsp in my reads list above. I'm interested in your arguments to make me change my mind.

The vote difference is still super narrow and we have to avoid a tie at all costs.

I'm really sorry for my inactivity everyone, I've asked Ourobolus to seek a replacement because I am currently incapable of being the player that this game and all of you deserve

I hope to play again some time when things have returned to normal, but for now I think it's best if someone else who could give their all took my spot.

Sorry again, I've had a lot of fun playing with you.

El Topo

Players in the list above (and *Splinter): Please, respond to the reasons I provided for voting bsp in my reads list above. I'm interested in your arguments to make me change my mind.

The vote difference is still super narrow and we have to avoid a tie at all costs.

Here's the thing: I don't really want to lynch either player. I normally wouldn't believe BSP, but the role seems like something that could come from Ouru's twisted mind and there wasn't *that* much reason for her to come forward in the first place. Her reaction to my fake power claim was also fairly believable to me. Regarding L_P, I simply feel like he hasn't told us much, instead he simply claimed that he wasn't responsible for Launchpad's behaviour.

L_P even showed us one of Launchpad's posts, where he basically claimed to have a power role. See below:
I can guarantee you my role in this game will have me acting completely differently than I did in NX or AC before. It's not a great indication to just say a person should be acting a certain way, therefore the reason must be mafia. I'm not mafia, so it's not necessarily true that Carrot is either.
How did he survive the night? Did mafia decide he was bluffing? Did he actually survive an attack by using his ability/power? If so, why did L_P bring it up? Could it be that he actually has a power role and is trying not to reveal much, maybe because it doesn't sound plausible?

I don't know. BSP is definitely the safe choice though.

El Topo

I'd also like to point out that the post says "I'm not mafia", not "I'm GOP", so for all we know, this could have been a hint towards mafia not to kill him, while trying to save face with the rest of us.

Fireblend

Banned
BSP defended herself a lot better than L_P did. She was more useful than he was. L_P just gave up.

Can you address my points for voting for her? Do you think they're less valid than the fact that she defended herself "well"? Or do you concede they are good points and can't refute them?

Here's the thing: I don't really want to lynch either player. I normally wouldn't believe BSP, but the role seems like something that could come from Ouru's twisted mind and there wasn't *that* much reason for her to come forward in the first place. Her reaction to my fake power claim was also fairly believable to me. Regarding L_P, I simply feel like he hasn't told us much, instead he simply claimed that he wasn't responsible for Launchpad's behaviour.

L_P even showed us one of Launchpad's posts, where he basically claimed to have a power role. See below:

How did he survive the night? Did mafia decide he was bluffing? Did he actually survive an attack by using his ability/power? If so, why did L_P bring it up? Could it be that he actually has a power role and is trying not to reveal much, maybe because it doesn't sound plausible?

I don't know. BSP is definitely the safe choice though.

If you believe BSP, then she becomes town aligned. Thats a number in our favor. That's not insignificant especially if she really isn't the SK. Furthermore if we can have her claim about not being SK proven tonight we have a player we can trust to the level of nin/Cabot. Having players you can trust is not insignificant.

If I am right, it will take one night for us to either trust or lynch SBK with confidence.

nin1000

Banned
Can you address my points for voting for her? Do you think they're less valid than the fact that she defended herself "well"? Or do you concede they are good points and can't refute them?

The Thing is , i see more potential to her as L-P at the Moment. If she can become one of us by hunting down scum, it would be in my pov a waste of a lynch for now. I can understand your reasoning that we should lynch her now. In my eyes it is not worth it today.
I know it is asking a lot since we dont have anyone else besides of L_P and her to lynch and i dont want to force you to Change your vote, i just want you to understand me.

nin1000

Banned
If L_P is town he could always just give us his real name, even without the power.

That is what urges me the most atm. we are several hours away from lynching him or bsp but he still is playing the silent one and the more we get to the Deadline the more i expect him to RC a power role, which will save him for now. I dont like last Minute RC, even if they are true ( looking at KK)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom