• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Direct - January 18th, 4PM CST (Japan confirmed, FE Mobile unveiling)

Cerium

That was more than I expected.

Surprise! Remake of Gaiden and it looks GREAT.
Heroes looks like it has a lot of effort put into it.
Gameplay footage of Musou!
Fire Emblem Switch announcement!

Awesome, very satisfied.

DK is still a high tier Nintendo IP in terms of sales with FE trailing not far behind, the only thing in the way of it getting recognition like FE is that's it's seen as a Mario spin-off like Yoshi.

Just imagine a Donkey Kong Direct that announced a Donkey Kong Country 2 Remake, Diddy Kong Racing 2, a Switch game and an arcade style mobile game.

XvlIVQ1.jpg

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
I initially thought FE Warriors was an outstanding idea when everyone hoped for it a couple years back following Hyrule Warriors.

But watching Chrom air juggle 40 soldiers did look kind of ridiculous and tonally distant. Guess I was hoping this game would shift the formula to more closely resemble what a FE action game could be. I suppose something a bit more concentrated on the tactical strengths while maintaining the intense pacing of Musou. Shredding an army with air combos...just expected more thought on this one.

Yagami_Sama

The first thing I thought when I saw Fire Emblem Heroes was, looks like Final Fantasy: Record Keeper.

Mobile gaming is not for me, so I am out.

That was seriously so heart-warming to watch because Fire Emblem has grown so much as a series. The little niche franchise that could. So thankful they never pulled the plug on it. ;______;

Yeah, seriously. I felt the same watching it. It's kinda surreal how much it's grown in popularity. I'm really happy about it.

Chase17

It was better than the fake leak!

Or at least echo is better than the PoR/RD port/hd edition (as much as I want it) for me.

Dee Dee

If anyone still reads this thread for info, haha, here's some stuff on the vote from the rules:

- You can only vote with a MyNintendo Account, to ensure you only vote once per day.
- The first time you vote you get 200 Platinum points, but they won't be credited until after the event has ended.
- You can vote 1 hero EVERY DAY until 01.02.!

What happens with the winners:

- There will be 1 male and 1 female winner hero
- Those two heroes will be given a special OUTFIT and can be won through (paid!) gacha in the game at some point
- also, the Fire Emblem Heroes Twitter account will post a monthly phone background wallpaper. The winner hero duo will be featured on this wallpaper in March, followed be the second ranked in April and so on until the end of the year

So Lyn is already in the game, but you vote for a special Lyn card in this contest, basically.
Might want to focus on obscure heroes that have no other chance of being put in the game, or getting some new cool artwork done.

I initially thought FE Warriors was an outstanding idea when everyone hoped for it a couple years back following Hyrule Warriors.

But watching Chrom air juggle 40 soldiers did look kind of ridiculous and tonally distant. Guess I was hoping this game would shift the formula to more closely resemble what a FE action game could be. I suppose something a bit more concentrated on the more tactical strengths but keeping the pacing of Musou. Shredding an army with air combos...just expected more thought on this one.

Shredding an army with an air combo + you can bone a lady and make a kid that can shred that army even better.

So for Fire Emblem hardcore fans, which one do you usually say is the best Fire Emblem game. Thracia or Gaiden?
Ive seen those two names written byt people who usually talk about the old games in good light and i dont know which one it was the one considered the best.

It was better than the fake leak!

Or at lease echo is better than the PoR/RD port (as much as I want it) for me.
Totally agree with this, PoR/RD still hold up fine. They are expensive to track down, but Gaiden needs the remake more, and this will be the first time it'll be released overseas. Couldn't be happier.

So for Fire Emblem hardcore fans, which one do you usually say is the best Fire Emblem game. Thracia or Gaiden?
Ive seen those two names written byt people who usually talk about the old games in good light and i dont know which one it was the one considered the best.
Thracia is better than Gaiden imo, but neither is my favorite in the series.

Ultimadrago

The real question is when's the Donkey Kong direct? Now THAT's a series that deserves a a musou spin-off, reimagining, mobile game, new entry and a line of amiibos.

DK Vine would figuratively and literally go apeshit.

Especially considering that the new Donkey Kongs have been better than the new Fire Emblem titles, I'd be more okay with this than one would think.

Just have Retro involved in some capacity for some/all of these.

Draxal

Gaiden is never talked about because it's on the NES you are probably confusing it with FE 4.

Kraq

Interesting that we're now getting some of the official names for JP-only releases. Wendy is now Gwendolyn lol.

Voted for my FE6 HM MVP Rutger. That man slaughtered a wyvern army by himself.

daffy

Banned
Might want to focus on obscure heroes that have no other chance of being put in the game, or getting some new cool artwork done.
Well if you do that. No one else will vote for them so you'll probably lose out. I went for a mid tier choice like Tharja

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!

Those are the two that seem to pop up most I find as well. It's like every release since the Super Famicom era has been a dumpster fire and longtime fans loathe where the series has gone(or accept it begrudgingly)

Blues1990

Shame on you all for not voting for Titania. Easily the coolest female protagonist in the series, & from one of the best entries in the series (Path of Radiance).

PK Gaming

DK is still a high tier Nintendo IP in terms of sales with FE trailing not far behind, the only thing in the way of it getting recognition like FE is that's it's seen as a Mario spin-off like Yoshi.

Just imagine a Donkey Kong Direct that announced a Donkey Kong Country 2 Remake, Diddy Kong Racing 2, a Switch game and an arcade style mobile game.

XvlIVQ1.jpg

I'm sorry.

You're in the wrong timeline :(

blu

Wants the largest console games publisher to avoid Nintendo's platforms.
Hey, I miss a direct, and it turns out such a nice one! I guess I just have to continue missing them : )

But watching Chrom air juggle 40 soldiers did look kind of ridiculous and tonally distant. Guess I was hoping this game would shift the formula to more closely resemble what a FE action game could be. I suppose something a bit more concentrated on the tactical strengths while maintaining the intense pacing of Musou. Shredding an army with air combos...just expected more thought on this one.
Same here. I guess I'll (eventually) get it for the fan service, but other than that, not a single vibe of FE was felt.

syncyes

Voted for Nephenee.

Sometimes I can't believe this series has come as far as it has (even if that has happened because of Awakening, a game that, after my initial hype died out 100+ hours later, is a pretty mediocre entry in the series). FE7 was one of the first games I ever beat on my own, although I got stuck on the final chapter during my first playthrough. PoR was the first ever video game I convinced my mom to buy for me, back when I was a kid and had no income of my own. Awakening was the 3DS system seller for me. They are, to this day, some of the only games I have ever replayed in full, since I usually do challenge runs of each game.

Fbh

So

Fire Emblem 3DS: Looks pretty nice. A bit weird that they aren't porting it to the Switch

Fire Emblem Mobile: Lol, had some hopes after Mario Run. But they went full Gacha with this one.

Fire Emblem Warriors: Looks like a warriors game. The theme fits though and these are fun every now and then. After how terrible Hyrule was on the regular 3DS I'm glad they just went New 3DS only for the handheld version.

Fire Emblem Switch: Can't wait to hear more. But has only convinced me more to wait a year or two before getting a Switch

exfatal

Voted for Thraja, Lyn shall be next then my boy Roy. these poses/costumes better be badass

If they get to top 10 though, you get them on the calendar in December:
img_calender-jan-de-DE.png

ooohh now i really hope thraja wins. Something hot too keep me warm this coming winter

Those are the two that seem to pop up most I find as well. It's like every release since the Super Famicom era has been a dumpster fire and longtime fans loathe where the series has gone(or accept it begrudgingly)
Eh, the GBA entries and PoR are pretty universally loved as well.

It's going to be tough for me to not use half my votes on Tellius characters.

http://i.imgur.com/XvlIVQ1.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]
I wish, I'll be happy enough if they ever acknowledge a series anniversary, even Metroid kinda sorta gets that in very vague and underwhelming ways.

[quote="Crazyorloco, post: 228636360"]Nintendo plans to release multiple fire emblem games for every system including your smartphone and ....

Neogaf's reaction:

[SPOILER]Lmao.[/SPOILER][/QUOTE]
Yes but where was Metroid/F-Zero/Chibi-Robo/Dillons Rolling Western/Urban Champion in this Fire Emblem Direct?!

[quote="PK Gaming, post: 228636547"]I'm sorry.

You're in the wrong timeline :([/QUOTE]
The late Nineties will never die!

Prax

Yep, in which case many say FE4 is the best one. I would say Thracia is better than 4 too, and I prefer both 7 and 9 to 5 and 4

Thracia was too hard and had way to much nonsense going on (fatigue? dismounting? getting mugged and kidnapped?? omg.. ).. i am weak. therefore i prefer fe4.
but i also really like fe9 and10.

I am very happy Kozaki art is being shoved onto mobile. Stay there and gather popularity for the series there. Let me be at peace with my beautiful "classic" series.

Holy fuck Fire Emblem Echoes came out of left field. I would never have expected them to even touch the Black Sheep of the Fire Emblem franchise. And it comes out fairly soon. I gotta get my hands on those Amiibo too.

Semajer

Fairly happy with the Direct. Echoes looks great. Warriors should help make the
wait for Xenoblade 2 easier. The mobile game looks alright, I just hope the upgrade system allows you to make perfect characters. Sadly the wait for FE9/10 HD ports continues.

I did the same!

Also, Anna is an axe fighter now!?

character_slide_04_c.png

This Anna is an axe fighter. There are lots of Anna.

I voted Micaiah. *kek*

Noted. Added to the list.

Top Bottom