• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF ASSEMBLE (vote for contest ending at midnight)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Andiie

Unconfirmed Member
^ me too. I just wanted to help out.

While you're up a fair bit now I fully expect her to make a late charge at the end like yesterday. Wouldn't be surprised at all to get close to leading if the votes on your side dry up. I watched yesterday and she got around 30 votes in half an hour right near the end. They'll be desperate to get as many votes as possible.

Btw, what happens if on midnight you're ahead but later they over run you after times up? How would they know you were ahead?

Moofers

Well Andiie, the photographer will be watching at midnight. We actually met with her earlier this week because we've booked her to be our wedding photographer either way. I asked that specific question and she said she'd be watching at midnight to make sure the winner is whoever leads at midnight. :)

And yeah, I'm a bit worried about a last second rush. Our earlier lead of 80 has dropped to 60 in about an hour. If we can just hold her off to midnight, I don't care if we're leading by 1 so long as we're leading. It'd be nice to keep her at bay with a nice buffer of at least 20 though.

NH Apache

Banned
Only about 40 up...C'mon people. We've worked too damn hard on this not to win!

And Moofers, Make sure you take screens at midnight! Proof is in the pictures!

Moofers

Yeah, we're freaking out here. Pretty scared she's going to run us down like dogs in the street! I'm telling you, she has a pact with satan. Its the only logical explanation. lol When this is over, I'm going to ask her how the hell she made such huge leaps every night.

abusori

I got too curious about how she's getting votes and went to her Facebook wall. She's posting the link to her photo on random Company's Facebook pages and asking for votes, lol

^Apparently.
I'm not up on facebook voodoo so I don't actually get what this means. Do companies have separate facebook pages for the company itself, or what?

Edit: only leading by 33 now! Oh noes!

Exeunt

What you probably need at this point is for all the members who come into this thread to share the link to the photo with all of their friends—hopefully enough will come online before the contest ends to give you a healthier lead. What we should really be counting on is someone who has access to a sizeable active friend circle (high school or university members?) sharing the link and hopefully getting ten or so votes to you. Even friends active on chat (if you use it) would be an asset in the final hours.

As for the mystery of the votes, it seems that this girl is probably promoting like crazy to all her friends and family and telling them to do the same; if you read some of the comments under her photo there are a couple people who don't seem to know what the whole thing is about but are voting for her anyway. And of course, by nature of having a public thread I'm sure there are a few members or lurkers who have voted against you for kicks, but I doubt that this number is significant.

I got too curious about how she's getting votes and went to her Facebook wall. She's posting the link to her photo on random Company's Facebook pages and asking for votes, lol

Or of course we could have a situation like this! I'm surprised that tactic hasn't backfired on her, but I suppose you never know… In a way that's somewhat of a good sign, since it suggests she doesn't have a sure bet (necessarily) to score a whole bunch of likes if GAF secures more.

On another note, I never would've believed that some Facebook likes contest could be so entertaining!

Just under 2 hours to go. We're only leading by 30 now. I knew this was coming. Just hoping we can hold on. If any of you can share on your facebook pages, that'll help. Here's the link: http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...5450.112089.211990308827534&type=1&permPage=1

Buckle up, GAF!

I wonder what website is helping her? Gaiafags?
lol.gif

abusori

Hopefully in the next hour and a half she'll burn out again (maybe it'll go past her bedtime? :p), and we'll pull ahead. It's already happened before.

Moofers

I don't know. I wouldn't count on it. Damn young women and their social networking skills! They may not be able to spell, but they sure can get likes on facebook.
clay-davis_campaign-poster.jpg

abusori

This one's probably more appropriate:
EBcFL.png

Friggin' facebook. If they did it on another site I'm pretty sure there'd be no contest.

Moofers

I'm ready to ask 4chan and accept whatever consequences may come. At this point we are 30 behind and have nothing to lose. If they vote for her, oh well.

My only concern is that I may be opening up myself or even worse, my fiance to some kind of trouble from 4chan's community. I don't go there, so I know nothing outside what I've heard in shadows and whispers, yknow? Is it a bad idea? Is their community large enough to clinch this thing for us in the final half hour?

I'm ready to ask 4chan and accept whatever consequences may come. At this point we are 30 behind and have nothing to lose. If they vote for her, oh well.

My only concern is that I may be opening up myself or even worse, my fiance to some kind of trouble from 4chan's community. I don't go there, so I know nothing outside what I've heard in shadows and whispers, yknow? Is it a bad idea? Is their community large enough to clinch this thing for us in the final half hour?

It's a bad idea. Also, I voted. Godspeed.

Resilient

Take it to /b/. It's the last option. If she's playing dirty, we have to play dirtier. The absolute dirtiest. This is our trump card. Our ace in the hole. /b/ , /fit/, /v/ for Complete Global Saturation. She won't know what hit her.

Skiesofwonder

Walruses, camels, bears, rabbits, tigers and badgers.
I sent some more likes your way, hope you come out on top. can't believe she has gathered 200 likes in less the 2 hours....

Skiesofwonder

Walruses, camels, bears, rabbits, tigers and badgers.
She is ahead by only 30 votes, and has pretty much slowed to a stop. This is our chance GAF, DO SOMETHING!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom