• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gafia 2.5: The Bachelor Party |Mafia OT| One Last Override

Kawl_USC

No rest for scum! (Sorry it's cause Stanley was going to bed)

And yes great self control Stanley, can't imagine sitting on that day kill for so long. You put us in a winnable situation between your kill and Crimson drawing a night kill. Both of you were crucial to victory!

Most of my incorrect decisions, and cause frustration for spec thread and Cabot I think, comes from not believing fruit vendor did something until Sophia was flipped as a non power role. It made more sense to me for her to be 1 shot unlynchable than fruit vendor to be a role that had actual useful items.

But I should have revisited that after royals claim. I also tried to push for a mass claim as hard as I could day before last, but felt I was on ground that was too shaky to be more forceful than I was before revealing as role cop. Probably could have played the reveal better, but eh it is what it is.

Sawneeks

Banned
Congratulations to Town! You guys pulled through there at the end although you were all reallllly close to giving it to Scum. Stanley for TownMVP. :p

Also props to the Scum team for a solid game with no gambits and to L_P for the amazing flavor text!

Palmer_v1

Is this an important distinction? Before though if it's a serious question.

Well, in one situation, he's a kind human who gives people a tasty banana so their last moments are enjoyable. In the other, he's defiling corpses with yellow phallic shaped objects.

Well, in one situation, he's a kind human who gives people a tasty banana so their last moments are enjoyable. In the other, he's defiling corpses with yellow phallic shaped objects.

I was about to write "I like penetrating corpses with phallic shaped objects", but then I realized that I really don't want that to be quoted out of context...

Good game everyone!

I finally got to play as scum! And it worked my "never scum" gambit, and then Sophia had lynch immunity...

Great game everyone, tons of fun! Couldn't ask for a better scum team! Jungs Sie waren die besten Mitspieler. Weiter Vegas Party ich kaufe das Bier, Kosmopoliten und bratwurst.

Sophia

Good game everyone!

I finally got to play as scum! And it worked my "never scum" gambit, and then Sophia had lynch immunity...

Great game everyone, tons of fun! Couldn't ask for a better scum team! Jungs Sie waren die besten Mitspieler. Weiter Vegas Party ich kaufe das Bier, Kosmopoliten und bratwurst.

Man I would have caught you if I hadn't been messing up so badly on Day 2. You were playing differently from how you played in Gods, but I didn't know if you had a power role or not.

I was in legit shock at the end of Day 2 when Sorian was like "You survived." and I'm like "Wut?" ;_;

Palmer_v1

Man I would have caught you if I hadn't been messing up so badly on Day 2. You were playing differently from how you played in Gods, but I didn't know if you had a power role or not.

I was in legit shock at the end of Day 2 when Sorian was like "You survived." and I'm like "Wut?" ;_;

Every time we talked about the balance of his role, we basically assumed neither team would ever figure out what they did, cause the odds of the banana target being lynched the next day were so low.

grats bachelor party people and GMs :>

grats towwwwwwwn

SERUCHAN YOU WERE FANTABULOUS \o/

LP, your flavour is just so much fun <3

yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay

Swamped

Banned
Oh woah it's over!

Well played both teams. Grats to town for figuring everything out at the last minute.

Cool, chill game with interesting mechanics and such wonderful flavor. Was a blast to spectate. Also I promise I'm not a psycho IRL XD

Gorlak

Banned
I was looking forward to that last lylo day so much... You can't even imagine. I was certain to leave FEP alive and that throw everything I got at Flame. I wanted to show off the full coloured vote table, argue about the squidyj kill framing me and so on and so forth. I was robbed of that opportunity. Robbed!

I was about to post a short message after Royal was shot, about if we want to stick to the plan, but I didn't have much time yesterday and I realized you could just decide now (if you put trust in Kawl). I was soo close to ask you to decide the lynch between flame and me before day end, but without enough time to properly phrase it, I was afraid to risk myself. And I was really busy and could not have taken part in the final discussion, so I hoped you wouldn't come to that realization and just lynch Kawl. Turns out we lost :(

Well, it was a good game :) That banana redirect lynch sucked hard and I knew I should've just bussed zipped properly, but my team talked me out of it (only for me to try it anyhow, sorry Zipped ;)). I think that would've been the inch I needed to survive the last decision.

The decision for the Squidyj lynch was mostly based on my wrong opinion about him being suspicious on purpose, he would've probably been another mislynch, but he also said he would've gunned for me in the dead thread, so maybe it still was an okay decision?

Sorry to nukedeggs, you didn't stick out in particular, you were the safe option to be killed and somebody has to die N1.

Anyone who said I was acting scummy Day 1: I would've done everything the same as town. Look at gods. Vanilla shizzle and still voting squid as town? Check. There was no scumtell D1.

My highlight this game was definitely cabot :D You wrote something like you expected me to go after you, the problem was I knew you weren't scum. I really liked the back and forth and enjoyed your shitposting :) You were trusted as town and read me as town, so I banked on going through this game together with you. And I was looking forward to it!
Until you died :( That wasn't easy to cope with. D3 was a waste and I could only have that farce of a discussion with FEP (which I btw would've done as town as well) There was no reason to trust you fep. Why would I out myself only by your request? Never.

After the virgin flip I was really anxious about losing the game :( Didn't expect that. I lost my self-assurance. I could post every theory in scum chat, but for the game I thought I needed more time which was somewhat scarce over the weekend. In the end it was probably a combination of not wanting to post, not wanting to out myself and being afraid of losing that lead to my inactivity.

As far as town mvp goes? fep. His change of attitude D3 was pretty game changing and lead to our demise. Kawl is very, very, very close behind as the runner-up because he logiced the shit out of the endgame. But for me fep turning up the pace had more impact on the game. Crimson also played his role perfectly.

Scum MVP was definitely Flush. He was on very low activity yet managed to convince everyone of his townieness. In scum chat however he was far more acitve and discussed a lot with me (after zipped mistakenly got lynched :( ). Look at the reason Flush got lynched: it was the only "logical" way to try to not lose the game for town. He played very well.

All in all I really enjoyed this game! It was a close call. It was great to play with you in a team @ Zipped and Flush :)

gg

Kawl_USC

*precedes
Btw I had planned on claiming odd day beloved/even day hated based on how people generally give you more leeway on day 1 but expect much more from you as the game progresses.

But the day I was going to do so, Crimson flipped kind of taking the wind out of my sails. So sorry for not living up to your name and having zero gambits.

cabot

Hey guys, remember that first poem?

When darkness falls and we're apart
Can love heal this lonely heart
I love you dearly that I do
Sleep is good when dreaming of you
With all my love I give to you
You are so sweet I know not how I'm with you

lewd.

Ah, well I had a lot of fun with this game. Sorry for the illegible bits but if my phone is alive and I can look at it, I'm playing.

Stanley for my town mvp. He was pretty quiet but didn't blow his load early and used it to our great benefit. And even though he was feeling Flame, i liked the solidarity at the end. I thought everyone played great though. Crimson, we really couldn't have asked for more from.

I give scum mvp to gorlak and flush equally. In hindsight there are weird things we should have caught but we didn't. At the beginning of day 5 you were both just as town as anyone else in my mind. Kawl put in the work and fortune smiled on his towniness to smack down Flush (I assume, anyway I'm sure glad stanley got him) and a nearly complete vote sheet sealed Gorlak for me. Part of me wishes I could have seen that final lylo day gorlak had planned but I'm also glad it ended the way it did.

Thanks, everyone!

Palmer_v1

The night they killed Crimson was painful to watch, cause they were wavering between him, and a different power role without knowing it. So close.

Sorian

Banned
Alright, since I obviously was never going to get away with not doing a post mortem, here we are. I guess I'll start with fun behind the scenes stuff. So this was a patchwork job in terms of how it was run. Palmer made the game with some assistance from Ouro, Retro, and Myself (I think L_P peeked at some mechanics too), I ran them game with a bit of help from Retro (thanks for that again) and L_P wrote all of the flavor. I think it worked, we had a delay here and there due to things passing between hands but I think everyone did a fantastic job of keeping up on it. One thing that was funny to see a few times is that mechanics as written can be confused from mod to mod. The biggest example actually had to do with everyone's favorite banana.

I was under the impression during all of day 1 and the first few hours of day 2 that if the person holding the banana got lynched then the day just ended with a no lynch and that would be that. Well before Sophia was even on the table as a lynch candidate (because I didn't think she'd have a chance of actually being the lynched), Palmer corrected me and let me know that his intention was for the person to be skipped in line and the second would be lynched instead. For a bit there, it actually looked like you all would have a tie in second place which would have resulted in the no lynch anyway for maximum confusion. Fun times.

The game was obviously a tad bastard. Kawl is still sitting on his hill of salt over the fruit vendor role being in a game with a role cop but the fruit vendor being modified to having a useful item. No regrets there :D I felt bad at first when the banana backfired and ended up killing a third of the scum team but I don't think that ended up changing much over the course of the game. Sophia still got lynched later and in a world where she was lynched the first time, I think a Zipped bus was on deck anyway. I thought about it and I'm not sure that scum could have saved the game with the banana mechanic. Stanley was too strong keeping that shot in his pants for so long.

The real decision point of the game was actually something you can find in scum chat. The choice of killing Crimson actually came down to a coin flip (specifically a RNG). Gorlak actually ran it twice (maybe 3 times) and all attempts told him to kill Stanley, being the RNGsus skeptic, scum went for Crimson instead that night.

Blah blah blah, I'm sure you all don't care, let's do crappy awards.

Tanner Award - This is awarded to the amazing tanner who stole all of our hearts with their amazing victory. Literally captivating the audience at every turn and shocking all of the other players when they flipped, triumphant in their endeavor. No one gets this award. :D

Scum MVP - I think scum all played really well, even Zipped who had to leave his team much too soon. I'd give the slight edge to Gorlak. Looking back at the scum thread to remind myself. He spent a lot of time keeping his team engaged and for the most part, his choices for night actions were pretty on point. He also blended really well with his (unintentional) bussing of Zipped at the very end.

Town MVP - I'm giving Crimson town MVP. He played the virgin role literally perfectly. He posted just enough (in terms of quality and quantity) to never stand out in a way where you would ever question that he might be scum while staying low profile enough that scum would eventually kill him as a "no info" kill. It took longer than I expected but he drew the night kill and never had to get caught in the sticky mire of having to claim any part of his role and potentially blowing the use of the whole thing.

Game MVP - For changing the course of the game enough that it went from a close to lock win on scum's side to a win for town instead, I'll have to go with Stanarchy over here. He held onto that day vig shot much longer than any of us would have and that could have backfired horribly but it didn't and he ended up hitting exactly who he needed to hit to win because I think even if he shot Gorlak, Flush might have gotten away and if Flush survived that day then scum won.

That being said, I think all the PRs made great calls on their power usage (though I still question why FEP let people believe he might have been role blocked for so long :p)

And play all around was just generally high in this game. No unnecessary gambits, no terrible claims (except our lovely tanner), no unwarranted tunnels, it was actually a very nice game to read (while slow at times). It gave a nice glimpse into what Gafia is like without the craziness we are used to, kind of like Heist in that regard.

GG everyone. Grats again to town on your win.

RetroMG

I want to add in one more, which is the biggest laugh award, and give it to Sophia. Your reactions on Discord to a.) receiving the banana and b.) not dying because of the banana were hilarious.

Sophia

I want to add in one more, which is the biggest laugh award, and give it to Sophia. Your reactions on Discord to a.) receiving the banana and b.) not dying because of the banana were hilarious.

From right after I got lynched, before the flip:

[5:07 PM] Android Sophia: Seeeriously.
[5:08 PM] Android Sophia: We're not gonna see some alien chestburster shit are we?
[5:08 PM] Android Sophia: I know you can't answer that
[5:08 PM] Android Sophia: BUT THAT'S WHAT IT FEELS LIKE
[5:08 PM] RetroMG: Deep breaths, it's gonna be okay.
[5:08 PM] Android Sophia: I'm excited now
[5:08 PM] Android Sophia: If nothing else my flip will lead town in the right spot
[5:09 PM] Android Sophia: .... unless I don't flp
[5:09 PM] Android Sophia: o_o
[5:09 PM] RetroMG: Why wouldn't you flip?
[5:09 PM] Android Sophia: Because there's a motherfucking banana inside my robot ninja stomach
[5:09 PM] Android Sophia: And would you trust a Banana that was in your pants?
[5:09 PM] Android Sophia: : |
[5:11 PM] RetroMG: I wouldn't trust anything in these games.
[5:11 PM] Android Sophia: Can't evne trust myself now.
[5:11 PM] Android Sophia: Because there's a Banana in my stomach that was from my pants.(edited)
[5:11 PM] Android Sophia: .... that sounds dirty.
[5:11 PM] RetroMG: lmao
[5:11 PM] Android Sophia: And now Sorian is going all UPUPUPUPU
[5:11 PM] Android Sophia: D:
[5:11 PM] RetroMG: He does that.
[5:12 PM] Android Sophia: This better not like
[5:12 PM] Android Sophia: Kill another townie
[5:12 PM] Android Sophia: ;_;
[5:21 PM] Android Sophia: Well
[5:21 PM] Android Sophia: Whatever happens
[5:21 PM] Android Sophia: This game is about to get real
[5:21 PM] RetroMG: You're not wrong.
[5:22 PM] Android Sophia: No lie
[5:22 PM] Android Sophia: My mind is racing with excitement
[5:22 PM] Android Sophia: to see what happens
[5:24 PM] Android Sophia: What.
[5:24 PM] RetroMG: upupupupupu
[5:25 PM] Android Sophia: ....
[5:25 PM] Android Sophia: What.
[5:25 PM] Android Sophia: ....
[5:25 PM] Android Sophia: What just happened
[5:25 PM] Android Sophia: What.
[5:25 PM] RetroMG: You lived! Hooray!
[5:25 PM] Android Sophia: And I nailed a scum
[5:26 PM] Android Sophia: And potentially just outed ANOTHER FUCKING SCUM
[5:26 PM] Android Sophia: What.

Palmer_v1

Oh, I almost made the Tanner beloved, to really shit on his chances of winning. Literally the whole game was based on giving GAF a Tanner, and then stacking a game against it, while still hopefully being balanced after the tanner was gone.

Sorian

Banned
Oh, I almost made the Tanner beloved, to really shit on his chances of winning. Literally the whole game was based on giving GAF a Tanner, and then stacking a game against it, while still hopefully being balanced after the tanner was gone.

Hah, forgot about that.

Kawl_USC

I'm gonna assume when you saw it rolled onto Cabot that was rigging enough and left it as is.

Top Bottom