• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gafia 2.5: The Bachelor Party |Mafia OT| One Last Override

Kawl_USC

And stan I think you need to go ahead and take the shot while you are here and no one has been hammered due to a slip up. Worse case is someone gets hammered and scum kills you in the night time.

Put the order in and let the mods figure it out.

And stan I think you need to go ahead and take the shot while you are here and no one has been hammered due to a slip up. Worse case is someone gets hammered and scum kills you in the night time.

Put the order in and let the mods figure it out.

oh dont worry, i certainly will send it before i head off. i would just rather see my handywork through in person.

Kawl_USC

By the way it is interesting to note that between flame and Royal it would seem they've put us within hammer range for the 2 remaining scum. If neither of them was scum. And if Gorlak wasn't scum.

So again it seems unlikely, but curious to note.

As long as you are shooting one of the two voting (or Gorlak I suppose) though an unvote isn't necessary.

Sorian

Banned
I65A7G8.jpg

Please stop posting

Sorian

Banned
A knock sounds on Bananaspaceprincess' hotel room door. Who could it be at this hour? she thinks. Irritated, she yells: “Do you have any idea what time it is? Geez.”

“It’s 3:30 in the afternoon,” comes the muffled reply.

“Oh.” Abashed, BSP opens the door, revealing a mysterious figure. He’s wearing a trench coat and a fedora pulled low over his eyes. His gloved hands hold a gun pointed straight at BSP.

“It’s 90 degrees Fahrenheit and 32 Celsius outside. Aren’t you warm?” exclaims BSP.

The killer nods. “I’m impressed, you provided the temperature and converted it.”

BSP shrugs. “I’m already dead. Might as well provide one last service.”

“To answer your question, no I’m not warm because the hotel is air-conditioned.” The figure pulls the trigger and BSP squeaks out “metric” before falling to the floor, dead.

“Hail the Imperial system,” the killer mutters as he walks away.

Royal_Flush has died.

Welcome to Las Vegas, Royal_Flush!

You are Bananaspaceprincess. I assume you wear a tiara made of bananas, and are the heir to a remote corner of the galaxy. You are in Vegas for some fun times with your besties when you spot Swamped's fiancé Whatshisface, accompanied by an entourage of GAFians. It can only be a bachelor party. You drop everything and set off in pursuit of the group. How could they neglect to invite you?

You are a Mafia fruit vendor. Each night, you must give one of your magical space bananas to another player. Do this by PMing me the command BANANA NOMNOM: <playertarget> The target will be notified that they’ve received a banana, the effects are unknown. Each living player must have received one banana before you can repeat anyone and you can self-target. You may use both of your actions in the same night.

Your fellow mafia partners are [redacted]

You have access to a private scum chat here: [redacted]

You may perform the faction kill by submitting the command FORCIBLY REMOVE: <target>

You have also been entrusted with the power to VOTE for someone every day in order to remove them from the party.

You win when your team makes up at least half of the remaining player list.

Day 5 continues

Vote Count

Gorlak (1)
Flame_AC
Royal_Flush

3 votes are needed for majority

Day 5 ends in:
blu_1463518800.png

Kawl_USC

Gonna review from that flip and give updated thoughts before we should end this day. I'd recommend both FEP and Stanley try to do the same given one of yall are likely to be NKd

hold on a second, so, what happens if we just no lynch now?

wouldn't that leave us with enough people tommorow that the remaining scum cant hammer kawl?

(sorry if this has already been brought up, im sleepy)

Kawl_USC

Sure but it also just doesn't give us any more useful information. Our watcher claims to be out of shots, I've looked at everyone but FEP who I town read only just behind you.

You've blown your load and are essentially a ordinary villager at this point.

That leaves Gorlak and Flame.

I think getting my flip and removing any doubt for whoever is left over between you and FEP is worthwhile. Like I said I need to do my research and analysis again, but if I had to guess I'd probably lean Gorlak just because I think scum Flame reigns in his flailing a little and that double vote on Gorlak looked designed to throw fake shade.

Thing about the no vote is that we know it is either flame or gorlak. So we won't be in a better place tomorrow, unless there are lingering doubts about me or kawl.

Kawl_USC

I mean if both you guys don't have doubts about me we don't have to go through the song and dance and push this out another day. The fate of the game lies in our 3 hands, or if we lynch me and go to the next day, whichever the 3 of us survives.

I'm just putting forward the statistically best path to end game. But I think that regardless of who scum is there are enough targets to leave both flame and Gorlak alive who are both the likely suspects.

I'd like to hear both of them plead their case argue why the other is scum personally.

yeah, i trust both you and and Fep, (if one of you are scum, then well freaking played) but i would like to hear more from both Flame and Gorlak.
i mean it was some of the last stuff that Royal said that made me shoot him.

Everyone except Stanley looks pretty bad as far as votes go. But Day 1. Flame ties Droplet with Squidy. Kawl adds zipped into the mix. Zipped was already on Droplet early, Gorlak was on Squid early. Why would scum flame cause that tie? And then why would scum royal add himself to the wagon? Seems crazy.

BmwXq6RIcAAL2RG.jpg

and i really need to sleep. iv been looking but haven't been able to come up with a single coherent idea.
i think its Flame, do with that what you will.

i kinda think im going to die tonight,
and if so then ill be sure to hi-five you on the Stanway to Heaven, congratulating you on a glorious victory!

Kawl_USC

Whether we lynch to end the game or lynch me depends on whether you two trust me. If you have any doubts on me being town, lynch me up and then almost certainly either FEP or Stanley will be killed. It will then lay on the sole survivors shoulders, but if we think it's for sure either Gorlak or Flame there's little change in waiting another day.

This way at least if we throw the game the blame is diluted and not on one persons head haha.

Whether we lynch to end the game or lynch me depends on whether you two trust me. If you have any doubts on me being town, lynch me up and then almost certainly either FEP or Stanley will be killed. It will then lay on the sole survivors shoulders, but if we think it's for sure either Gorlak or Flame there's little change in waiting another day.

This way at least if we throw the game the blame is diluted and not on one persons head haha.

i trust you, sure sounds like FEP does.

well, if you guys want to end it now, and i mean right now, i could go for that.

seriously, quickly, my warm bed is calling to me

Sorian

Banned
Once again the party goers meet in the hotel lobby, broke and destitute.

“Do bachelor parties go this long? The last five days seem like five weeks.”
“Maybe time passes differently here. Maybe a day is 72 or 48 hours.”
“...Are you drunk?”
“Is that a rhetorical question?”

They pool together their remaining funds.

“Hey we have enough for something to do, thanks to the refund from the Copperfield fiasco.”
“Limo joyride!”

One phone call later, the partiers are piling into a stretch limousine. The driver takes them up the Strip as the neon lights beckon with flashing luminescence.

“Hey driver, does this thing go any faster?”
The driver scoffs. “With this traffic? Sure, just let me hit the turbo button.”

Everyone flinches like they had been shot. Someone scrabbles for the door handle (good thing the child safety lock is on). Another tries to jump out the sunroof but the others pull him back in.

The driver looks at the rearview mirror and shakes his head at the sight. “Tourists.”

The busty girl who they all had been assuming was Roytheone on account of the owl mask and the sloppily written name tag written in gold sharpie pulls at the seat cushion behind her and uncovers the access to the trunk. “Hey a secret passage!” she exclaims drunkenly. Before anyone can halfheartedly stop her, Scrafty clambers through. Unfortunately, she’s halfway through when she gets stuck.

“Uh, guys?”

The limo stops. “Hey what’s going on back there?” the driver yells, turning his head back.

“Quick, hit the privacy window button!”
“Open the door, let’s go let’s go!”
“It won’t open! Child safety lock!”
“Through the sunroof!”
“But what about Roytheone?”
“We’re going on without him. He’ll be fine. Not like we emptied the minibar.”
“Uh, about that…”

Gorlak has been removed from the party.

Welcome to Las Vegas, Gorlak!

You are ScraftyDevil. You are GAFia's resident hottie, known for your well-proportioned... enthusiasm. You are in Vegas for some fun times with your besties when you spot Swamped's fiancé Whatshisface, accompanied by an entourage of GAFians. It can only be a bachelor party. You drop everything and set off in pursuit of the group. How could they neglect to invite you?

You are an Ordinary Mafia.

Your fellow mafia partners are [redacted]

You have access to a private scum chat here: [redacted]

You may perform the faction kill by submitting the command FORCIBLY REMOVE: <target>

You have also been entrusted with the power to VOTE for someone every day in order to remove them from the party.

The following names are not in the game and can be safely claimed:

roytheone
Coppanuva
Kingkitty
Xamtheking
Batsnacks
OceanicAir
Cabot
Splinter

You win when your team makes up at least half of the remaining player list.

Their funds depleted, the remaining party goers check out of the hotel.

“I remember seeing more of you,” says the desk clerk.
“You remember right.”

They hail a taxi and make their way to the airport.

“It’ll be good to be home. I’ve had enough of you guys.”
“We’ll be at the wedding.”

They make their way to the gate with no further incident.

“I’ll be glad to be rid of this place.”
“So much horror and tragedy…”
“Easy there it wasn’t that bad.”

Rounding the corner, the partiers bump into someone. Luggage goes flying.

“Launchpad?”
“Hey everyone.”

Congratulations! Town wins!

Welcome to Las Vegas, Flame_AC!

You are AbsolutBro, the Bro. You are the bro-iest bro that ever bro-ed. Of course you'd be invited to a bro-chelor party. Bro.

You are Ordinary Town. But that’s okay, mom says you’re special.

You are here for Swamped's fiancé's bachelor party, a celebration before he's permanently recruited to Swamped's team (alignment unknown). In your inebriated stupor, you notice that not everyone is who they seem to be. You can't have anyone ruin the party, so you have been entrusted with the power to VOTE for someone every day in order to remove them from the party. You would get more responsibilities, but you're partaking in borderline-illegal activities that will render you broke and destitute. Voting is pretty much all you're capable of at this point.

You win when all threats to town are eliminated.

Welcome to Las Vegas, StanleyPalmtree!

You are Ultron87. A reference to last year's Avengers movie? The year you were born? That makes you almost 30. People your age like to concealed carry because they're scared of immigrants. So you're here with your trusty .38.

You are a town 1-shot day vigilante. Anytime during the day phase, you may PM me the command SHOOT: <playername> to instantly remove someone from the game. Their vote will also be removed immediately.

Welcome to Las Vegas, Kawl_USC!

You are Blargonaut. Your reputation proceeds you, so I'll let your name be all the introduction you need (plus I don't have time for caps lock and gifs). However, with great reputation comes great controversy, so you're not the most popular guy in town.

You are a town hated role cop. This means that you take one less vote than normal to be lynched. For example, if majority for the current day phase is 6 then the day will end with your lynch if you ever hit 5 votes. If the day timer ends, normal plurality will be in effect. Each night, you may send PM me the command INVESTIGATE: <playername> to receive the role name of a living player in the game.

Welcome to Las Vegas, flatearthpandas!

You are AndroidSophia. Beep beep boop. Whirr blapp. Poo-tee-weet?

You are a town 2-shot watcher. Twice, during the night phase, you may PM me the command WATCH: <playername> to receive a list of all players that target the individual you are watching.

Sorian

Banned
And here is the design document and night actions: here

You all can talk, I probably won't do a fancy award post and such until tonight.

Special thanks to Palmer for designing the game and Lone_Prodigy for all of the amazing flavor! :D

Palmer_v1

GG Town. I thought Scum had it towards the end, but you turned it around!

Feel free to begin questioning my balance. ;)

Edit: and yeah, L_P's flavor was amazing, and he's doing it for two games at once. MVP.

Sorian is also great at running these things. I knew the vote shenanigans required us to skip royal's tool, so Sorian's preference for manual vote counting was perfect.

Sophia

Congratulations, everyone. Glad you figured it out. #instanity.

I may have sort of jumped up in my chair screaming in happiness when I saw Stanley shoot Royal, because I for sure thought he was gonna trust his gut instead and shoot Flame.

nukedeggs

FUCK YEAH CONGRATS TOWN WOOO

Man I gotta admit I was so scared Stan was gonna shoot Flame but YAYYYY you guys really turned it around. Congrats yooo

Palmer_v1

I spent a fair amount of time laughing as everyone questioned if there were even power roles, cause so many ordinaries flipped first. Town mostly kept it in their pants this time.

Finally a town victory in GAFia.

Stanley is my pick as MVP for holding onto his day kill until the last minute. I think 99% of players would've shot on the first day. :p

Thanks to Sorian and Palmer for trusting me with flavour (almost messed it up with the banana write-up haha). I'm kind of glad the game ended when it did because I was running out of ideas. Special shout out to cabot for making me write emergency mod-kill flavour. <3

If anyone wants to read, this is the unused flavour I had.

If Flush/Gorlak had been lynched and the game hadn't ended:

A safe distance away from a stretch limousine, <number> dishevelled people stand, tired and suspicious. One is holding a large bag of liquor.

They watch as the limo driver pops open the lid of the trunk. A flailing person falls out.

&#8220;Locked in a trunk. What a way to go.&#8221;
&#8220;Reminds me of a technique used by an organized international body of criminals, perhaps from Italy.&#8221;
&#8220;Wait, do you mean&#8230;?&#8221;
&#8220;...A&#8230; mafia?&#8221;

Everyone breathes in sharply and steps back. They look at each other. Minutes pass.

&#8220;So&#8230;&#8221;
&#8220;...nothing happened.&#8221;
&#8220;What were we all so scared about anyway?&#8221;

They start chuckling, then explode into uproarious laughter. Passersby gave them a wide berth.

When the laughter has subsided, the party goers look relieved, as if a giant weight had been lifted off their shoulders.

&#8220;So who wants to continue public intoxication?&#8221;
&#8220;Me!&#8221;
&#8220;Not you.&#8221;
&#8220;Huh?&#8221;
&#8220;Don&#8217;t pretend any more. I know you&#8217;re not part of this group!&#8221;

&#8220;Whaaaaat?&#8221; <role> exclaims in disbelief, careful not to raise the pitch of their voice too much. They look at the other partiers but no one meets their eye.

Someone behind <role> tugs at their hair. &#8220;Hey!&#8221; The wig falls off to reveal luscious locks.

&#8220;I knew it!&#8221;
&#8220;You knew nothing, or else you would&#8217;ve said so earlier.&#8221;
&#8220;Oh yeah&#8230;&#8221;

&#8220;Hmph. It&#8217;s a boring bachelor party anyway. Have fun drowning your sorrows in cheap alcohol!&#8221; With a slow-motion swish of their hair, <role> glides away.

&#8220;I want the name of the shampoo she uses.&#8221;
&#8220;Maybe it&#8217;s Maybelline.&#8221;
&#8220;Uh, they don&#8217;t make shampoo&#8230;&#8221;

If scum had won (jinxed it):

The last party member removed from the party, <role> breathes a sigh of relief. Finally, those scummy men got what they deserved. Too bad Swamped&#8217;s fiancé slipped away.

Pulling out her phone, <role> dials a familiar number.

&#8220;Hello?&#8221;
&#8220;It&#8217;s done.&#8221;
&#8220;Why is your voice raspy?&#8221;

<role> clears her throat. &#8220;Force of habit. The party&#8217;s over.&#8221;

&#8220;Good, good. Everything is proceeding as I have foreseen,&#8221; says Swamped. In the background, screams and running water can be heard.

&#8220;Is that&#8230;?&#8221;
&#8220;Gotta go. Enjoy your trip!&#8221;

<role> puts her phone away. Now it is time for her party.

&#8220;Another cosmo!&#8221; she calls out to a passing server as she lounges by the pool. Ah, paradise.

Banana flavour:

You are waiting for the restroom when an astoundingly gorgeous woman walks up to you. She smiles.

"Hi."

You look around and realize she's talking to you. She's talking to you!

"H-hi," you reply.

She looks down.

"My eyes are up here," you say indignantly, feeling objectified.

"Is that a banana in your pants, or are you just happy to see me?" she asks.

"Wh-what?" You look down and notice that, yes, there is actually a banana sitting in your pants pocket. You have absolutely no idea how it got there.

The woman is looking at you, a mixture of curiosity and lust in her eyes.

"Thanksforgotitwastherebye!" you say as you rush into the restroom. Suddenly feeling hungry, you take out the banana and eat it.

A strange feeling washes over you. Is it the smell of the restroom, or those tacos you ate earlier?

Our brainstormed death scenarios:

-trapped in a hotel elevator
-locked in a tomb at the Luxor
-swimming with the fishes at Mandalay Bay
-falling off a trapeze at Circus Circus (with no netting, now you’re lying on the cold hard ground)
-stabbed in the back at Caesars Palace (et tu brute)
-blinded by the glitz and glamour of Planet Hollywood
-literally cut in half at Penn and Teller
-David Copperfield makes you disappear
-broken lance tip flies into the crowd impales you during a joust in Excalibur
-Celine Dion makes your head explode while singing “My Heart Will Go On”
-fall in the Bellagio fountain
-drowning in the Venetian canal
-pirate sword fight
-white tiger attack

Now go enjoy the wedding. :D

Top Bottom