• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones - Season 2 - George RR Martin's Song of Ice and Fire - Sundays on HBO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Magnus

Does the preview for next week air immediately following the episode in the States?

It doesn't in Canada on HBO Canada. Annoys me. :(

KingK

I thought Sansa was fine this time. She's bottling everything up surrounded by Lannisters and finally has someone she can take out her frustrations on. The scene made perfect sense from her side.

Agreed. I didn't have any problems with the way the scene was executed, I just think the time would have been better spent with a Sansa/Hound scene. But either way, the scene worked great for what it is, and it's the only minor complaint I have with this episode.

rififi

On a side note, one of my brothers hates Arya and loves Sansa (he has read all the books). He's been like that ever since the Winterfell feast in GoT when Arya threw food at Sansa lmao

Lol, I have a message for your brother:

hFuJT.gif

How can someone be so wrong about the Arya-Sansa dynamic?

Great episode, no complaints from me.

Question regarding CoK:

Didn't Littlefinger get dispatched after Renly died? It seems kind of weird to send him prematurely. Weird in like it doesn't make any fucking sense. Am I forgetting something? It is certainly possible

Oh, also Myrcella to Theon? LOL. Varys wouldn't have bought that at all, but he would have already known Tyrion's game from his little birds.

Vespene

Question regarding CoK:

Didn't Littlefinger get dispatched after Renly died? It seems kind of weird to send him prematurely. Weird in like it doesn't make any fucking sense. Am I forgetting something? It is certainly possible

[aCoK]
They are condensing the siege of Storm's End and Renly's assassination through Mel's shadow baby into one episode. That means possibly no siege, and Davos witnessing the birth of the shadow that's gonna kill Renly, not the one that helped break Storm's End. All this means that Cat's gotta get going by the end of next episode, and thus Littlefinger has to be moved up.

Piecake

Question regarding CoK:

Oh, also Myrcella to Theon? LOL. Varys wouldn't have bought that at all, but he would have already known Tyrion's game from his little birds.

LF got dispatched to broker the Lannister-Tyrell alliance after Renly's death. Yea, really makes no sense to send him up north when they can just wait like, what, 1 episode or 2 and send him south

IJoel

That was a fantastic episode. The acting was nothing short of stellar from everyone. Tyrion, Arya, and Varys were my standouts. But they all shined. Sansa really looks the part as Catelyn's daughter (really really looks the part).

I'll say this though (maybe it's my memory failing me), but Dormer seems far too old to play Margaery.

bengraven

Ouch.

In the books Theon names his ship after Asha/Yara.

In the show, the ship is already named and Yara thinks it's perfect for Theon.

Tou-fucking-che m'lady.

KingK

I kinda want to just rewatch this episode right now, it was so good. I felt like the scenes had a lot more breathing room than in the first two episodes, which really helped.

LordCanti

That was a fantastic episode. The acting was nothing short of stellar from everyone. Tyrion, Arya, and Varys were my standouts. But they all shined. Sansa really looks the part as Catelyn's daughter (really really looks the part).

I'll say this though (maybe it's my memory failing me), but Dormer seems far too old to play Margaery.

Pretty much everyone is older than they should be. Except Arya and Bran I guess.

(This isn't a complaint, just the truth)

bengraven

Most awkward dinner ever.

Sansa is never allowed over to eat at the Baratheon's place again. What a downer and bad example for the children.

Piecake

Pretty much everyone is older than they should be. Except Arya and Bran I guess.

Well, to be fair, Margery is a whole hell of a lot older now than she is in the books. I dont mind the change. series
though its going to be very very weird later on when she gets engaged to Tommen. a 16 year old (or something) and a 10 year old i can wrap my head around, but a 25 year old? Thats just hella creepy

KingK

The difference is the other characters were aged up by about 2 years. Margery went from being 16 in the books to like late 20s in the show. (ASOS/AFFC)
This will make her later marriages seem even more out of place than they were in the books lol

I'm not really complaining about Margery though. They're obviously changing her a lot from the books, but it's working so far, imo.

Well, to be fair, Margery is a whole hell of a lot older now than she is in the books. I dont mind the change. series
though its going to be very very weird later on when she gets engaged to Tommen. a 16 year old (or something) and a 10 year old i can wrap my head around, but a 25 year old? Thats just hella creepy
ASOS/AFFC spoilers
They will probably combine her character with the Queen of Thorns and make her a more overt rival to Cersei. I'm sure having a bunch of scenes with Headey was in their minds when they cast Dormer in that role.

shira

The difference is the other characters were aged up by about 2 years. Margery went from being 16 in the books to like late 20s in the show. (ASOS/AFFC)
This will make her later marriages seem even more out of place than they were in the books lol

I'm not really complaining about Margery though. They're obviously changing her a lot from the books, but it's working so far, imo.
He is going to love playing with her pussy
cats

Lothar

Banned
Only complaint was the Sansa/Shae scene. (ACOK)
Did Sansa still act all entitled and bitchy at first in the books as well? I can't remember if she treated her handmaidens poorly as well.

Nope, she's polite to a fault in the books. Her being mean to Septa in the first season and Shae in this episode is extremely out of character of her. I don't like it. (I don't see why that's in a spoiler)

But other than that, it was an amazing episode. Well, the final scene with Arya was very rushed and didn't look as great and as the book described it. Other than those two things, it was an amazing episode.

Piecake

ASOS/AFFC spoilers
They will probably combine her character with the Queen of Thorns and make her a more overt rival to Cersei. I'm sure having a bunch of scenes with Headey was in their minds when they cast Dormer in that role.

I could see that, but still, I dont see the Margaery-Tommen engagement not happening due to plot, and thats incredibly creepy. Before, you could wrap your head around it since it was a bunch of 16 year old girls playing with a little boy and thinking him cute. 25 year old though? thats just creepy. Unless you think that Margaery is going to marry Tommen to one of her cousins or something and be the power behind the throne, but i dont see that happening

Nope, she's polite to a fault in the books. Her being mean to Septa in the first season and Shae in this episode is extremely out of character of her. I don't like it. (I don't see why that's in a spoiler)

But other than that, it was an amazing episode. Well, the final scene with Arya was very rushed and didn't look as great and as the book described it. Other than those two things, it was an amazing episode.

I thought the last scene with Arya was great, I'm gonna get chills when [ACOK]
she starts saying her prayers before going to sleep, I always loved that in the books

aceface

I think Yara is the first casting choice I don't like. Not because she's fat or whatever, I think she looks great. She needs to own that character though, she is way too quiet and broody.

Vespene

I could see that, but still, I dont see the Margaery-Tommen engagement not happening due to plot, and thats incredibly creepy. Before, you could wrap your head around it since it was a bunch of 16 year old girls playing with a little boy and thinking him cute. 25 year old though? thats just creepy. Unless you think that Margaery is going to marry Tommen to one of her cousins or something and be the power behind the throne, but i dont see that happening

I think
she's like 20 in the show, older but not as old as the actress. And you think this show cares about creepy awkward shit?

Funny story about this episode. Was watching it with a bunch of guys in a dorm room. A girl walks in and starts watching the episode with us right as the Loras and Renly scene went on. "I can see why you guys like watching this show so much", and then she walks out laughing her ass off at us.

Magnus

I thought the last scene with Arya was great, I'm gonna get chills when [ACOK]
she starts saying her prayers before going to sleep, I always loved that in the books

Definitely! Such a highlight of ACoK.

ACoK
Was Yoren's story the genesis of Arya's name-list/prayer? Was his story about Willem even in CoK? Just curious; can't remember.

Famassu

Sansa's actress is tall as fuck compared to last season damn. I wonder what will HBO do when Bran grows up.

BTW does anyone know when will we get the
House of Undying
scene? If at all? :p
With how everything is borderline nailed to the floor in how the series is grounded to reality I do wonder how exactly will HBO accomplish that
Pretty sure it'll be closer to the end of the season. Probably episode 7 or 8. Though, now that I think about it more, I don't remember how far in that happens in ACOK, so it could be earlier.

Only complaint was the Sansa/Shae scene. (ACOK)
Did Sansa still act all entitled and bitchy at first in the books as well? I can't remember if she treated her handmaidens poorly as well.
Maybe, kind of. I've not yet seen this episode so I don't know how she acts in the show, but IIRC she wasn't acting all nice towards them in the books either (but in them it was more out of desperation of the situation she was in rather than just being entitled, she didn't care to act nicely towards them since she was feeling so shitty & hopeless)

Definitely! Such a highlight of ACoK.

ACoK
Was Yoren's story the genesis of Arya's name-list/prayer? Was his story about Willem even in CoK? Just curious; can't remember.

Made up for the show.

Glad they were able to make Yoren a badass, even if scaled down from the book.

The Theon scene was good. No way in hell he would have been able to send that message, though.

Made up for the show.

The Theon scene was good. No way in hell he would have been able to send that message, though.

Raven, though he would have probably be put in a jail cell after threatening to kill the maester if he didn't send it.

bengraven

Ah, so we WILL get (light COCK spoilers)
Arya's hitlist
and according to show lore, it was Yoren who taught her to do it.

Made up for the show.

Yeah, they really cut down those chapters by making it Armory Loach and I'm assuming the bald guy who stole Needle is Tickler all in one scene.

I don't mind it, though I like Arya's story in COK.

Arment

Brienne is quite impressive. Solid casting choice.

I was worried about Margaery but not anymore. I like the way they're handling her character.

Need more Jaqen. A man can fight!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom