• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bombcast - | 09-09-2014 |

bonercop

I liked KLK overall but it had pretty severe pacing problems.

*fist bump* fuck all these other squares, KLK looks super cool and the soundtrack is great. brad could have done a lot worse.

(though admittedly, it's not what I'd call a good entry-point for getting into animus. It's too weird and dumb. )

Curufinwe

The Tangled cameo in Frozen was pretty cool, and easy to miss.

_1385951986.jpg

Grisby

Pvp is way more fun then the boring quests in Destiny, so far anyways. The guys are missing out.

Tangled is better than Frozen too. Just throwing that out there.

Andrew.

Banned
I used to do Power Hours all of the time to a mixtape I made of one minute song clips. It was so awesome and was my pregame game before hitting the bar with friends. Easy, quick way to kill a six pack.

That said, hey Dan send me a Power Hour DVD. Ill pay you.

justjim89

I babysit my 3 year old niece a lot, and overall I'd say I like Frozen (aka Happy Snowman) better than Tangled (aka Hair Girl). I can concede Tangled is probably a better movie, and Frozen has some dumb ass things thrown in, like the "twist" that happens completely untelegraphed two thirds through when the movie realizes there's no villain, but I think the songs make it for me. Almost all the songs in Frozen are great, while Tangled has a forgettable soundtrack. I also like how has some nice trope subversion for a kid's movie. A man doesn't come in and fix everything. The woman that "turns heel" does so out of self-actualization, not bitterness.

On the anime front, I hate most anime but I thoroughly enjoyed Death Note and Attack on Titan. Those could be good for Dan.

This was a great podcast. I want Dan to get Drew into wrestling, damn it! I'm also kinda bummed they didn't read my food email I sent in.

People are so concerned about review scores, yet Brad and Jeff's reaction to Destiny explains it pretty well.

If you enjoy unlocking abilities and loot, you'll probably like it. If you care more about what you do with the loot and abilities, you probably won't.

There's been tons of loot games before, not sure why the reaction to Destiny is always so huge.

rudds

Name 10 better posters this year
I've only heard the 8-4play guys do that. They have the excuse of living in Japan for many years.

I thought it was weird that Brad apparently liked Tangled but won't watch Frozen. They're pretty similar.

I've never seen either one of them.

K.Sabot

Tangled is the good one, but they're both basically the same movie.

Also KLK is a bad anime don't listen to that guy above you. Especially bad for people with negative dispositions towards anime going in.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
People are so concerned about review scores, yet Brad and Jeff's reaction to Destiny explains it pretty well.

If you enjoy unlocking abilities and loot, you'll probably like it. If you care more about what you do with the loot and abilities, you probably won't.

There's been tons of loot games before, not sure why the reaction to Destiny is always so huge.
Well, given that there are basically two big Activision loot games out at the moment, it's weird that Diablo is satisfying while Destiny isn't. And it really comes down to how they're designed.

The fact that you can't even play with randoms in a loot game is insane, for one.

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed

I dunno if you put together the music and stuff for the commercials on the bombcast, but the opening one combined with the nature sounds had me pause it and sign up for a Naturebox free trial. I don't think that's ever happened before to me, haha.

hort

Neo Member
Frozen has some dumb ass things thrown in, like the "twist" that happens completely untelegraphed two thirds through when the movie realizes there's no villain,

Me and the girlfriend thought it was glaringly obvious from the beginning.

rudds

Name 10 better posters this year
I dunno if you put together the music and stuff for the commercials on the bombcast, but the opening one combined with the nature sounds had me pause it and sign up for a Naturebox free trial. I don't think that's ever happened before to me, haha.

Yeah, I pull all the music for ads and other random stuff. We have a subscription to a huge royalty-free music library that lets you search by tags and whatnot, so you throw one keyword in there ("nature" or "shopping mall") and all kind of nonsense comes back. Finding dumb ad background songs is my favorite part of producing the podcast.

Curufinwe

Damn this is gonna crush my girlfriend.

They're both movies I woukdnt have watched if my wife hadnt kept suggesting them. But I'm glad she did. I actually went off and saw Robocop by myself in another theater when she and her niece saw Frozen cause I thought it would be dumb, but when it came to NetFlix I watched it and realized I was wrong.

They're both movies I woukdnt have watched if my wife hadnt kept suggesting them. But I'm glad she did. I actually went off and saw Robocop by myself in another theater when she and her niece saw Frozen cause I thought it would be dumb, but when it came to NetFlix I watched it and realized I was wrong.

She was so happy when she heard Brad say he liked Tangled. Hope you're happy with breaking girls' hearts, Brad!

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
because comparing like 30 movies from one company to an entire industry's worth of TV and movie content makes total sense

No_Style

I really should get around to watching Tangled. I found Frozen disappointing but all this talk about Tangled being better is motivating.

AngryMoth

Really great episode this week.

Never been into wrestling but hoodslam is now on my list of things to do when I go to the US someday

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
Yeah, I pull all the music for ads and other random stuff. We have a subscription to a huge royalty-free music library that lets you search by tags and whatnot, so you throw one keyword in there ("nature" or "shopping mall") and all kind of nonsense comes back. Finding dumb ad background songs is my favorite part of producing the podcast.

Oh wow that sounds crazy. I could probably waste a day just noodling around in there.

Coonce

The music that was playing during that second ad break was hilariously great.

Lijik

TANGLED IS FUCKING AMAZING

I mostly say that because I've seen shit like Home on the Range, but it's still true

Aspects of Home on the Range are unbelievable coming from Disney. Theres this CG shot through a mine shaft that looks like its from a PS1 cutscene they wind up reusing like five times. Its like something out of a bargain bin dvd

Tangled is the good one, but they're both basically the same movie.

Also KLK is a bad anime don't listen to that guy above you. Especially bad for people with negative dispositions towards anime going in.

kill la kill is good anime

Citizen Kane is 72 years old, it's still better then 99% current films.

Same happened to me, what the hell. Subliminal messaging mannn

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Listening to the episode again, you can almost feel Drew getting sadder and sadder as Jeff talks about how boring Destiny is in reality.

Top Bottom