• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bombcast - 10/20/15

How was the GB reception to Fallout 3 and New Vegas? Feel like Fallout 4 might have a chance.

I think Jeff is a shoe-in for Mario Maker, Brad and Dan for MGS V and Austin for Undertale. Not sure about anyone else

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
Alex won't. I'm not sure Austin will either. And Vinny hasn't really spoken about the game all that much since he's sunk his teeth into it. The MGS push is coming from Dan and Brad.

Maybe its just that I can see them jumping in with Dan and Brad pretty easily then because I haven't actually gotten a sense of what Alex and Austin really have gone crazy for (although I missed pretty much every episode this summer due to being busy, so I might have missed a bunch there)

That email about Undertale overexposure is not wrong. I feel like 30-50% of my Tumblr feed at any given time is Undertale stuff now.

Dizzy-4U

Jeff, learn how to use RocketLauncher. It has a little bit of a learning curve, but it will make your life a loooot easier in the end.

Also, HyperSpin is shit. Take a look at RetroFE. It's very new and in it's infancy still, but it has a lot of promise.

Brad seems to much prefer MGSV over Mario Maker, and Jeff seems to prefer Mario Maker over MGSV. Jeff and Brad seem to hold the most sway when it comes to game placement in the top 10 so it'll be a clash of titans.

Jeff mentioned on the LA Podfest that he would choose MGSV over Mario Maker. This could be a little outdated based on the legs they've had with Mario Maker and the stuff Konami has done to MGSV, but who knows where both of these games will be by the end of the year.

You guys just need to give up and accept MGSV in your hearts.

I accepted it the first time I heard Kiefer Sutherland yell "Do it!" to make a horse defecate. MGSV GotY.
After Life is Strange

Jeff mentioned on the LA Podfest that he would choose MGSV over Mario Maker. This could be a little outdated based on the legs they've had with Mario Maker and the stuff Konami has done to MGSV, but who knows where both of these games will be by the end of the year.

I feel like it's changed since then. He mentioned recently that he doesn't have any desire to ever play MGSV again, yet he's still playing Mario Maker and talking about it. I think the Ryckoning stuff gave him a second wind on it as well.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
I feel like it's changed since then. He mentioned recently that he doesn't have any desire to ever play MGSV again, yet he's still playing Mario Maker and talking about it. I think the Ryckoning stuff gave him a second wind on it as well.

I can basically hear Jeff's voice in my head actually, its going to be something like "they had the game of the year, the game of the fucking year on their hands and they just had to screw it up. Its ridiculous the shit they kept bolting onto that game"

Enjoyed the emulation talk, damn kinda wish there was a podcast just about this stuff.

Yeah, it was a very good discussion, about MAMEs and MESS(?). When Rorie mentioned MGA, I'm surprised Jeff didn't mention PSP emulation and the capability of emulating PS1/SNES/Everything below the PS1 era. The PSP is a versatile little device

yami4ct

Edit: That wallet story. Dan is a genius...

On the one hand, it's very clever. On the other, if a particularly nasty mugger somehow notices you're screwing him (like by seeing a second lump in your pocket or by just seeing in your bag), you could make the situation a whole lot shittier for yourself. Safest option is still probably just giving your real shit and dealing with canceling cards and replacing IDs. It's a garbage situation, but I can't imagine the added risk is worth saving you from some hassle.

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
I can basically hear Jeff's voice in my head actually, its going to be something like "they had the game of the year, the game of the fucking year on their hands and they just had to screw it up. Its ridiculous the shit they kept bolting onto that game"
I can hear Jeff saying that too. Spot on.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
How does Dan not know about Roos?
tumblr_inline_nn8ipmRusG1qzpwt1_500.png

JustAConspiracy

Neo Member

If we ever need someone to write Jeff dialogue for a crappy BBC fake documentary you're in charge of it.

Also, they didn't bring up the Dr. Tracksuit thing. Think they were advised not to by CBSi Lawyers or just didn't think about it?

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
The collective Rick and Morty aversion from the Bombcast makes them sound kinda crotchety and old.

Like, you know it's in line with their comedy values and they'd totally dig it if they gave it a chance, but it's all "argh.... meh... new thing... can't.... probably sucks... meh....".

The collective Rick and Morty aversion from the Bombcast makes them sound kinda crotchety and old.

Like, you know it's in line with their comedy values and they'd totally dig it if they gave it a chance, but it's all "argh.... meh... new thing... can't.... probably sucks... meh....".

They don't seem to be all that into tv in general.

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
They don't seem to be all that into tv in general.

No. And apathy towards doing anything is fine by me. You don't need to watch the damn show. But there seems to be a kind of pessimism that it is actually worthwhile and it's like... well I know that's wrong. You fuckers would love it! So it just looks crotchety.

But the whimsical cynicism is kind of the charm of GB so I'm not really complaining.

Zaph

No. And apathy towards doing anything is fine by me. You don't need to watch the damn show. But there seems to be a kind of pessimism that it is actually worthwhile and it's like... well I know that's wrong. You fuckers would love it! So it just looks crotchety.

But the whimsical cynicism is kind of the charm of GB so I'm not really complaining.

It also had the added effect of ensuring there's no bullshit tv/movies "culture and lifestyle" coverage on the site.

Rick and Morty is overrated *ducks*

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
Jeff didn't even leave the first area of The Witcher 3 and he already didn't want to continue?

I love you Jeff but your gaming tastes confuse and scare me.

ArjanN

Jeff didn't even leave the first area of The Witcher 3 and he already didn't want to continue?

I love you Jeff but your gaming tastes confuse and scare me.

Jeff doesn't have the mindset/patience for a game like this at all. MGSV is also long but that still has the moment to moment hook of you running around and shooting guns, which I think is why Jeff and Dan could stick with that.

Someone needs to link Patrick to the segment where Dan brags about how he is going to destroy him.

To be fair whoever sent in that e-mail was wrong. I think Dan is better than Patrick at just the basic execution of Mario. Patrick probably has more patience for figuring out the obtuse puzzle stuff though.

Serra

Man the crew shitting on W3 and the whole series makes me a little sad. They need Vinny there to offer a counterpoint.

Loving Rorie on the bombcast tho, as always.

It's cute that Jeff suggested 'get your friends who have Wii U's to play your MM levels!' as a solution for replicating their joy watching someone play their levels. I'm almost 40 - the few friends I have don't even know what a Wii U is, let alone own one.

AngryMoth

Man, I'm not the type to get their knickers in a twist when the guys don't like my favourite games but this Witcher 3 discussion hurts :(

Strax

It's cute that Jeff suggested 'get your friends who have Wii U's to play your MM levels!' as a solution for replicating their joy watching someone play their levels. I'm almost 40 - the few friends I have don't even know what a Wii U is, let alone own one.

Yeah Jeff dismissing that they had a better experience because thousands played their levels while some people are lucky to have over 100 people was really strange. It sounds like something Jeff would use in GOTY talk if he didn't want Mario Maker to win so hearing him be like "Nah, we just like everbody else. Just get your friends to play your levels and record themselves, its no biggie" was kinda off-putting.

Also everything he said before it came out like "If you can't string your levels together they've fucked up" has not been talk about since it came out

ArjanN

Yeah Jeff dismissing that they had a better experience because thousands played their levels while some people are lucky to have over 100 people was really strange. It sounds like something Jeff would use in GOTY talk if he didn't want Mario Maker to win so hearing him be like "Nah, we just like everbody else. Just get your friends to play your levels and record themselves, its not biggie" was kinda off-putting.

Also everything he said before it came out like "If you can't string your levels together they've fucked up" has not been talk about since it came out

Yeah this. I know exactly one person with a Wii U. It's a lot like all the local multiplayer stuff which is great for their situation but for most people is a no-go.

Kinda, although I feel they do go overboard with it at times. It basically ties into the whole aversion to recommendations discussion they had. Honestly it's fine if they don't want to play or finish something, but I do feel they could own a bit more that that's really more on them than the games.

Phenomena

The GOTY podcasts will be fantastic this year, just for the listeners reactions.

No Witcher 3 in the top 10
Destiny in the top 10
MGS:V to be among the top 3 of 'Best story'

;)

oti

Banned
Witcher 3 GOTY shares bombin hard

Interesting email about what games to play for the GOTY podcats. I was thinking that myself recently. I really want to listen to the podcasts during holiday season but I was planning to wait for a bigger discount for MGS V. Oh well.

Top Bottom