• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bombcast - 11/10/15 - Live From The Lang Zone

KingKong

haha fuck off Dave Lang, you cant talk about Batman so instead you'll talk about it in vague ways and say you understand why people are disappointed

Van Owen

Banned
haha fuck off Dave Lang, you cant talk about Batman so instead you'll talk about it in vague ways and say you understand why people are disappointed

Dave made it seemed like he was shocked when he got the call about Batman being fucked up. I don't see how that's possible.

Man, Jeff seemed down about fallout 4. Maybe it was just the console version performance?

Edit: Holy crap they reviedws the console version separate and gave it 1 less star. Right on. That's the way you do reviews. Makes everyone else who lumps the versions together look dumb.

killroy87

Haven't listened to this yet, how is it? Considering how big a release week it is, this is actually the one episode I would have preferred no guests. I love Dave Lang, but I want games talk! Does it deviate a lot?

Curufinwe

The Xbone is going to fall behind the 360 in launch aligned sales soon enough. The XBone is almost dead in Europe.

If a company stops reporting hardware sales that's a pretty good sign those sales are not good.

Haven't listened to this yet, how is it? Considering how big a release week it is, this is actually the one episode I would have preferred no guests. I love Dave Lang, but I want games talk! Does it deviate a lot?

Deep game talk. Fallout for like an hour, COD, and Tomb Raider.

I like Lang's opinions on the fallout 4 fallout. In any large project, the state space can definitely get so big that it would be impossible to see all bugs. I don't even think it comes down to a fair trade off of adding new stuff/making the game world big or fixing the jank. The state space for the jank/bugs is probably so large that if they had spent all their time fixing things and then making a small world to play with, we'd still see jank (less so) and complain about a small game and the jank.

Lelcar

This was a very fascinating podcast. I completely sided with Jeff throughout the whole show, which isn't always the case, but he was making a lot great points that correspond with my own sensibilities.

I still love Lang and I understand business, but man, Lang was kind of off-putting here. I don't want the weird internet defense force to jump down my throat because of this comment, it's just an opinion, Lang is fine. I do see him a little bit differently now though.

Interesting bombcast, I was very engaged in the discussion this week.

Lang is funny so no one cares that he was involved with the batman ficasco lol. Good to be funny I guess.

Jeff is crazy if he thinks aw is better than blops 3.

eot

Banned
I like Lang's opinions on the fallout 4 fallout. In any large project, the state space can definitely get so big that it would be impossible to see all bugs. I don't even think it comes down to a fair trade off of adding new stuff/making the game world big or fixing the jank. The state space for the jank/bugs is probably so large that if they had spent all their time fixing things and then making a small world to play with, we'd still see jank (less so) and complain about a small game and the jank.

I think some of the disappointment stems from Bethesda not overhauling their tech, but instead building on it for two whole generations. Of course we don't know the state of their codebase without looking at it, but it's common in situations like that for the code to be a complete fucking mess that makes producing a stable product almost impossible.

I think some of the disappointment stems from Bethesda not overhauling their tech, but instead building on it for two whole generations. Of course we don't know the state of their codebase without looking at it, but it's common in situations like that for the code to be a complete fucking mess that makes producing a stable product almost impossible.

Isn't it possible it would be even worse if they started from scratch with their tech?

Strax

The Witcher 3 has the same random moments that Dan/Brad said didn't exist. I've witnessed people praying at idols, guards fighting off Nekkers etc. It's not a Bethesda only thing.

Also, The Witcher 3 is my ideal of breadth and depth.

I beat The Witcher 3 (played in october) and maybe encountered clear random 3-4 things/events. I'm 10 hours in playing Fallout 4 and its over random 4 things/events so far.

OT

When Lang and Jeff aren't goofing around they are really entertaining while talking about games.

Lingitiz

Well we still don't know what Iron Galaxy did on the game.

Yeah it's totally possible they may have just provided some minor assistance at some point rather than full port work. I don't want to assign blame to the whole studio without knowing the full picture. They're not High Voltage.

pizzacat

Banned
Lang's comments on the Batman shitfest is a perfect example of why greed and corruption runs rampant in this world.

"You don't fuck over your partners even though you are wrong"

get fucked asshole.
Honestly I don't know why Jeff and the crew let him go after this, they should have held him captive the same amount of time Arkham knight was put off of sale

danm999

Honestly I don't know why Jeff and the crew let him go after this, they should have held him captive the same amount of time Arkham knight was put off of sale

Someone should make a gif of Jeff's face on Batman whilst he interrogates a Riddler informant with Lang's face on it.

AngryMoth

Is this discussion about Fallout accurate re: there being no real purpose to the settlement building aspect of fallout? Because if so I'm just gonna ignore that part of the game

Moofers

Come on guys! You're having a great discussion about fallout four and then you just move right into destiny with no warning. What the hell? There's like 1 million other things to talk about this week and they get hung up on destiny again?

Odd, I've always heard that the FGC sought to avoid the "eSports" set up as to avoid being subsumed by corporate interests (or at least they as individuals). And SF V and KI
are arguably that middle ground execution-wise between Smash and GG.

Yeah it's totally possible they may have just provided some minor assistance at some point rather than full port work. I don't want to assign blame to the whole studio without knowing the full picture. They're not High Voltage.

Yeah, the heat IG gets that known hack jobs like them don't really get is...concerning.

Top Bottom