• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Insecure - Season 2 - Sundays on HBO

Jules

Neo Member
I think if you're going in for that, you should say up front, "I don't do facials" or something to that effect. I think a guy needs to be prepared to make a move before they get so close there's nowhere TO go. JMO.

Zojirushi

I don't understand how you guys have made it this far into the show and start being confused about weird/irrational/"insecure" handlings of situations now...

Another good episode. I love this show.

It's really interesting to see Issa trying to get hoe-y but then reacts strongly in that BJ scene. What I got from scene was that she was getting all excited about getting all adventurous and shit after the break-up, as if she was trying to be someone who she clearly not.

I think they tried to make sort of vague whose at fault with that seen, as he was pushing her head and didn't really give solid indication. But, that is super understandable in such situation.

Molly is obviously getting herself in trouble with that guy.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
Only eight episodes again? :/

At some point last fall, according to Bloys, HBO realized the shift of Game of Thrones from spring to mid-summer offered a chance to give Insecure’s second season a bigger promotional push. “I’m not sure we had [announced] the date — probably not — but I had some idea the summer was going to be Game of Thrones and Ballers,” Bloys says. “So I thought, ‘This would be a great platform for Insecure’. What it required was talking to Issa and [the producers] and saying, ‘Look, you’d have to speed up your schedule’.” Unlike broadcast and even some cable networks, HBO prefers to complete filming on all episodes of a series before a new season begins airing, particularly when a show is brand-new. Insecure didn’t air its first half-hour until last October, and didn’t get word of a second season until mid-November. “It was originally going to be 10 episodes [in the fall], and we would have to cut it to eight in order to get ready for a July premiere,” Bloys explains.

While it would’ve been possible for the Insecure team to continue production even as episodes aired — that’s standard practice with network TV — HBO generally doesn’t feel comfortable cutting things so close. “What you don’t wanna do is kill the golden goose by putting all this pressure on them with an accelerated writing and production schedule,” Bloys says. “It was really with the writing schedule where we didn’t want to make them claustrophobic.” And so accepting the scheduling move would require compromises by Rae and her team, including showrunner Prentice Penny. They’d be back in production a bit sooner than expected, and they’d be limited to an eight-episode season rather than ten half-hour episodes. “It was a conversation we had with the producers,” Bloys says. “Do you want to move ahead, lose two episodes and have this big platform? Or stay at 10 [episodes] and be in the fall. It was their choice. They thought about it … and they decided they wanted to go for it.”

I screamed at that moment. I don't think I've ever seen jizz on HBO.

iirc there was a cumshot in one of the later seasons of Girls.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
iirc there was a cumshot in one of the later seasons of Girls.

I like when shows get real like that. I remember when a character in FX's The Bridge told her lover to cum in her and I thought "I don't think I've ever heard that in a cable sex scene before." GLOW also had a little post sex bit that I thought was good.

royalan

What I love about this show is that it provokes discussion of popular issues in the black community other than racism and cops killing us and getting away with it.

Like this week: if/why black women don't like giving blow jobs.

J_Viper

Anyone else not really feeling this season?

I thought the first season was masterfully done, but this one has been a bit one-note with nearly episode being about fucking. It also doesn't help that I'm watching this with my mom lol

I thought the first season was masterfully done, but this one has been a bit one-note with nearly episode being about fucking. It also doesn't help that I'm watching this with my mom lol

Thats kinda the way I feel. Be nice to have an episode or two with no sex.

r4x5tqt.gif

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
I wonder if Lawrence is going to be in the third season and what exactly he'll do. I don't see any reason why he and Issa should get back together, and if he does decide to actually properly date someone else (as it seems he and his co-worker are going to do), there's not a great reason to have him on the show. Between this episode and last, he's not doing a whole lot, and unless he's going to be reincorporated back into the main cast, having him just keep on his own divorced arc next season suggests at least structurally that he and Issa are going to resume dating and those storylines will converge.

Of course he'll be in the third season - he's one of the main characters, one that has some of the most fans. Heck, like half the discussion surrounding the show pertains to Lawrence.

I see it being like Girls, where most of the characters stuck around with their own storylines even though they barely interacted with each other in the later seasons. I'm sure Issa and Molly will stick together (they seem much closer than Hannah and Marnie ever did), but I wouldn't be surprised if Lawrence stayed in his own side story, only occasionally entering the orbit of Issa.

Holy fuck at that cumshot. First of all damn that was a lot. Second if someone tells you they are coming and you don't move your head at all that person every right to assume you want it. Maybe they weren't close enough for him to hold her head down but he was really not at fault at all. Also i second the opinion I wish the show would tone down the sex somewhat. The plotlines this season have fallen pretty flat for me compared to last.

Daniel was working through his ".. yeah.. we're both out there.. yeah :*( " feelings with that shot.

Issa was over the top with it, though.

I guess it's different with men. Would you watch it with your dad?

Probably not last night's ending scene at least. I've definitely watched movies that had sex scenes with parents so that by itself isn't too awkward, but...money shots? Ehhhh

People can watch shows with they parents and have a good relationship

Who said anything about relationships with you parents? What does that have to do with certain things being awkward??

LionPride

Banned
Probably not last night's ending scene at least. I've definitely watched movies that had sex scenes with parents so that by itself isn't too awkward, but...money shots? Ehhhh

Who said anything about relationships with you parents? What does that have to do with certain things being awkward??
Man I sent a picture of a woman havin a tissue in her eye after gettin nutted on to my mother

And none of that shit was awkward, think bout that one

Man I sent a picture of a woman havin a tissue in her eye after gettin nutted on to my mother

Congrats? Want an award or something? What do you want me to say? My mom isn't a fan of sex scenes so it'd be awkward to watch it with her. Not sure why you're making a big deal out of this or acting confused, like I'm saying something crazy

Allonym

There should be more tampons in gaming

Are you female? I think it would be awkward for a dude to send a picture of Issa with the tissue covering her eye if both mother and son knew the context of it...idk I don't think awkward is a strong enough word, that shit is just weird imo. I think same sex parents and children can relate to certain situations and share a common experience but I think it's odd for opposite sexes of parent and child to have that same interaction that you had. I feel like it crosses a line, but then again I'm not the type who looks at my parents as friends. I know some people see their parents as their best friends and maybe that's why they are more open and comfortable talking about things some others normally wouldn't. I guess it's dependent on the relationship.

Anyway, I wish Jared would come back but then again Molly pretentious ass don't deserve him.

LionPride

Banned
Congrats? Want an award or something? What do you want me to say? My mom isn't a fan of sex scenes so it'd be awkward to watch it with her. Not sure why you're making a big deal out of this or acting confused, like I'm saying something crazy
Cause you told someone to stop watchin a show with they moms

Which is weird
Are you female? I think it would be awkward for a dude to send a picture of Issa with the tissue covering her eye if both mother and son knew the context of it...idk I don't think awkward is a strong enough word, that shit is just weird imo. I think same sex parents and children can relate to certain situations and share a common experience but I think it's odd for opposite sexes of parent and child to have that same interaction that you had. I feel like it crosses a line, but then again I'm not the type who looks at my parents as friends. I know some people see their parents as their best friends and maybe that's why they are more open and comfortable talking about things some others normally wouldn't. I guess it's dependent on the relationship.

Anyway, I wish Jared would come back but then again Molly pretentious ass don't deserve him.
Nah Imma dude, my mom and I got a good relationship and watch a lotta the same shit. Still can't have an actual convo bout sex out here with her, but shit lol

Galang

Banned

What you're saying definitely isn't crazy. My mom watched parts of the first season and I'm glad I stopped before the second. The threesome scene with Lawrence and now this bit would have been hella awkward. I sympathize. For the most part the sex scenes before that were at least over quickly and/or weren't that graphic

LionPride

Banned
What you're saying definitely isn't crazy. My mom watched parts of the first season and I'm glad I stopped before the second. The sex scene with Lawrence and now this bit would have been hella awkward. I sympathize
See the Lawrence shit just had us fuckin dyin laughing. The shit with Keli gettin fingered had us laughin, shit wasn't awkward

Allonym

There should be more tampons in gaming
I gotta have shazam on deck when I watch this show

My girl gets so pissed at me because I always make her rewind or pause so I can shazam a song lol. Last episode she asked if I even listen to the songs after shazaming them... Which I do!

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
The penultimate episode is tonight!

Hella Disrespectful

Tensions run high during Derek and Tiffany's dinner party; Molly rethinks her future after being forced to come to terms with her romantic realities; Issa tries to make amends with Frieda.

royalan

OH NO LAWRENCE YOU DID NOT

He didn't have to take it there with that comment, Issa had every right to be mad at him showing up with coworker jump-off.

Permanent fuckboy status.

He didn't have to take it there with that comment, Issa had every right to be mad at him showing up with coworker jump-off.

They were both going for the jugular. Issa had just has many returns for him.

That man was fighting tears in his car in front of his girl/coworker.

Slayven

Prediction

Issa going to get got at work for being a an ass

Lawerence ends up with work bae

Molly goes to Chicago and gets a Lil Rey

Kelly still going to be greatness

georgc

So glad she on board to tell that vice principal what he's doing is wrong.

Molly needs to leave and go to Chicago.

Tbh that's Tiffany and Dereck's fault.

Never invite two people that broke up to party.

It always goes from awkwards to terrible. I know from fucking experience.

royalan

They were both going for the jugular. Issa had just has many returns for him.

That man was fighting tears in his car in front of his girl/coworker.

Yeah, Issa was going in, but you just don't call a woman a hoe like that. Shit, I'm surprised Issa didn't steal on his ass because even my homegirl I was watching this with threw an air punch at the screen when he said it.

And Molly...well, we tried to warn you.

Tbh that's Tiffany and Dereck's fault.

Never invite two people that broke up to party.

It always goes from awkwards to terrible. I know from fucking experience.

But for some reason only Lawrence didn't get the memo that it was a sit-down dinner and invite only.

Slayven

The dude that plays Dro isn't the best actor, but I wouldn't mind seeing him in other stuff. He has this likability about him

Top Bottom