• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Insecure - Season 2 - Sundays on HBO

Oh, I guess you missed the last scene. Issa destroyed her apartment. I be missing shiit. I didn't even notice wifey.

No I didn't miss the last scene....

I agree that her actions are a bit over the line. However, she just lost Daniel (over some petty shit IMO) and just got into another argument with Lawrence, as he walked away with his new boo.

royalan

Sorry but Issa gets way too much of a pass and maybe it's by design. She had to put up with a shit version of Lawrence for a long time, but instead of being brave enough to end things she strung him along for who knows how long. Then she blew up their relationship by cheating and then still kept Daniel in her sphere when she should've cut him off, to the point where Lawrence was able to run into him and deduce what happened.

Of course Lawrence loves her and he's fucked up too, calling her a hoe and shit that's uncalled for. But Issa's tripping over him blocking her, wtf did she expect the nigga loved you! He certainly never would've ended things if she didn't cheat. He's not just gonna be able to get over you while seeing constant reminders.

Lawrence is well within his rights to not give Issa any pass just because she dealt with his depressed ass. But he's not some naive idiot and should've known better than to bring Aparna to that event. He's just one of them dudes that never learned how to tell women "no", which is its own can of worms. On the cool Lawrence and Issa really deserve each other and getting back together is still on the cards I think.

I don't think it's so much giving Issa a pass. She will always be the one initially in the wrong for cheating on Lawrence. Full stop. But it's like Daniel said to him, Lawrence needs to see how Issa got there. Lawrence wasn't just unemployed, he was depressed and not taking care of himself. Combine that with his general tendency to be inconsiderate (you forgot her birthday, my nigga??)...and I get it. Issa still a bird for cheating. But I get it.

The thing is we see Issa dealing with the fallout of her bad decisions, not so much Lawrence. He goes from bad decision to bad decisions, and it all stems from his hurt oier Issa that he doesn't seem to want to deal with.

I feel Lawrence needs a hoe phase more than Issa does. Just go out, smash a bunch of chicks, move into your apartment and get on your grind. Stop trying to immediately get comfortable with every chick in your vicinity that gives you attention right after a break-up. Be by yourself. Chad been tryin to tell him.

Barzul

I don't think it's so much giving Issa a pass. She will always be the one initially in the wrong for cheating on Lawrence. Full stop. But it's like Daniel said to him, Lawrence needs to see how Issa got there. Lawrence wasn't just unemployed, he was depressed and not taking care of himself. Combine that with his general tendency to be inconsiderate (you forgot her birthday, my nigga??)...and I get it. Issa still a bird for cheating. But I get it.

The thing is we see Issa dealing with the fallout of her bad decisions, not so much Lawrence. He goes from bad decision to bad decisions, and it all stems from his hurt oier Issa that he doesn't seem to want to deal with.

I feel Lawrence needs a hoe phase more than Issa does. Just go out, smash a bunch of chicks, move into your apartment and get on your grind. Stop trying to immediately get comfortable with every chick in your vicinity that gives you attention right after a break-up. Be by yourself. Chad been tryin to tell him.

Yeah he really hasn't confronted it because he still wants to be in that relationship with Issa. I think another thing I'm seeing and I've seen with some friends IRL is that he suddenly went from nothing going right for him to a lot going well and he just isn't equipped to deal with the attention he's now getting and thinks he has to "please" everyone. The fucked up part is that with stuff like Tasha's family reunion he never wanted to go but he thinks he's being the "nice guy" by just trying to please everyone he ends up damaging the relationships he enters because of that.

He definitely needs to take a page out of Issa's playbook and just have more casual, without strings sex. For one it'll make him less angry and feeling like he wants to one up Issa on everything. That's what taking Aparna to that dinner was about, subconsciously he wanted revenge for seeing that pic of Daniel on FB. This way everyone and Issa would see he was moving on like her. It was petty and stupid and it shows how much he still wants to be on Issa's mind. Aparna was a prop basically.

norinrad

Lawrence is one of those niggas
I've had TOO many encounters with
who think that just because there's an explanation for the fucked up shit they do, that makes it ok or even understandable. When sometime's its best to just apologize and take the L you deserve. Trying to explain it just makes it worse.

Like, what the fuck is you doing bringing your new jump-off nobody knows to a mutual friend's party where you KNOW your ex is going to be in the first place? His explanation doesn't matter because he's wrong from the jump.

Lawrence has this problem with trying to get all domestic with any girl who gives him sustained attention post-Issa. Aparna IS his jump-off and, really, she should be.

I see him and Aparna going places. Issa should have brought someone instead of always asking her brother. If I knew I was going to a birthday at a bar I would have brought someone too regardless whether my ex was going to be there or not. She could have brought Nico.

Aparna seems cool as hell.

#TeamAparna

DJwest

I love this show and I love everyone in this thread lol.

I see where Daniel was coming from, but he REALLY fucked up with that "guess we're even" line, dude, you were ALMOST in the clear.

The man snatched defeat from the jaws of victory.

I facepalmed when he said it. It really made me wonder if he really wanted her back in the first place. I mean, come on dude, get a clue.

Shoutout to Dro for having his cake and eating it too with all that confidence. It's messed up, but dude is not sweating one bit. They couldn't go ONE episode without a sex scene. I feel like that's HBO being HBO though, but damn, in the bathroom, while your wife is at the table. THAT is confidence.

Dro fucked the sense out of Molly. She's in the forest but can't see the trees.

I absolutely think the open marriage thing is a lie, but shit Dro is so confident having both his girls at one table I can't even tell anymore.

I'm glad she's getting out of that mess because she deserves better. This was total bullshit. Dro dumped all his XP points into charisma and speech though, the balls on this guy...

I actually had the raise conversation with my manager last month so I was feeling for Molly. Came at the them with a number, they gave me something lower, we met in the middle, but damn they pushed her shit back to the year review. I remember I was the night before, writing down all the ways they could shut me down and end the conversation so I could come up with counters. I know Molly isn't hurting for cash, but it's gotta suck to see people do less and make more than you.
I really felt that dagger. Poor Molly.

--Coming back to Issa after you broke up with her just to give her 17 pumps of fury.
Lmao

Yaaaas! I needed to find this thread. I love this show!

Spot on

zelas

Meh I don't agree with this. If both people are friends of whoever's party it is you should do what Tiffany did, invite both, tell them the other is invited and let them decide if they want to come. You should be adult enough to be able to celebrate your friend without drama.
With as much drama Issa has started on her own you'd think they'd know better. Who cares who he brought. For the 15th episode in a row, grow up Issa.

norinrad

With as much drama Issa has started on her own you'd think they'd know better. Who cares who he brought. For the 15th episode in a row, grow up Issa.

I don't get why everyone seems upset. They are not together, he brought someone and everyone loses it. How the hell did he disrespect her? LOL.

I hope Lawrence and Aparna can develop their relationship into something special. Issa is not serious. Would have been even more awesome had he showed up with Frieda hehehe.

LionPride

Banned
Daniel ain't shit
Lawrence ain't shit
and god damn Issa ain't shit

I am no longer #TeamLawrence

I am #TeamIssaAndLawrenceAreAFuckingMess

And I identify way too hard with Lawrence and Issa constantly

fuck

Also Aparna seems nice as fuck, a possibly healthy thing for Lawrence? He's gonna fuck it all the way up. I can see it comin

Daniel ain't shit
Lawrence ain't shit

fuck

Also Aparna seems nice as fuck, a possibly healthy thing for Lawrence? He's gonna fuck it all the way up. I can see it comin

Get out of my head.

Daniel ain't shit
Lawrence ain't shit

fuck

This is the only sensible team to be on at this point. I think Aparna will actually be the one to get Lawrence to change. For one she has no issues with being real with him and telling him no BS that he's wrong, plus he's getting close to her so unless he wants to fuck up what they have going/starting, he's more likely to listen

LionPride

Banned
This is the only sensible team to be on at this point. I think Aparna will actually be the one to get Lawrence to change. For one she has no issues with being real with him and telling him no BS that he's wrong, plus he's getting close to her so unless he wants to fuck up what they have going/starting, he's more likely to listen

Lawrence will fuck it up with Aperna, I see the same thing I see in myself. When a good thing is comin, BAM! You just fuck it all the way up and continue all of ya problems

Also, fuck Issa for getting on this nigga for bein depressed

That was low as fuck

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
As soon as Lawrence starts getting serious he's going to get that "Hey big head" text from Tasha. Watch.

LotusHD

Banned
Aparna deserves better brehs

She does.

Daniel ain't shit
Lawrence ain't shit

fuck

About goddamn time

LionPride

Banned
She does.

About goddamn time

Well, I was mostly team Lawrence because holy fuck I am Lawrence in real life

But goddamn it I see too much of myself in him to be on his side

He's just a goddamn mess and he slippin by halfway lookin for something serious

Something I've done before and regret immensely

My only problem with Lawrence is how he has strung along Tasha and now his co-worker, even though we don't fully know the dynamic of their "thing" just yet. I don't really see any malicious intent on his part. He has a nice job, nice place, nice car...but he don't know what the fuck he is doing when it comes to women. He should have flat out told old girl nah when she invited herself to the birthday get together. I think he seriously wanted to talk it out with Issa, but obviously that wasn't the time or place.

LotusHD

Banned

*hugs

My only problem with Lawrence is how he has strung along Tasha and now his co-worker, even though we don't fully know the dynamic of their "thing" just yet. I don't really see any malicious intent on his part. He has a nice job, nice place, nice car...but he don't know what the fuck he is doing when it comes to women. He should have flat out told old girl nah when she invited herself to the birthday get together. I think he seriously wanted to talk it out with Issa, but obviously that wasn't the time or place.

Yea he's not malicious, he's just... dumb.

Also, it was silly of Aparna to ask if she should come, she should've known better.

*hugs

Yea he's not malicious, he's just... dumb.

Also, it was silly of Aparna to ask if she should come, she should've known better.
I'm not feeling her. It's weird that she's already talking to their coworkers about how they are hanging out and shit. Jumping at the opportunity to tag along when he mentions his ex will be there....shits weird to me.

LotusHD

Banned
I'm not feeling her. It's weird that she's already talking to their coworkers about how they are hanging out and shit. Jumping at the opportunity to tag along when he mentions his ex will be there....shits weird to me.

2nd time now I've heard something along the lines of her being eager to go because Issa was there. I dunno, I rewatched it, I didn't get that vibe tbh, she didn't really sound excited or mischievous about it, she just asked if he wants her to come with.

2nd time now I've heard something along the lines of her being eager to go because Issa was there. I dunno, I rewatched it, I didn't get that vibe tbh, she didn't really sound excited or mischievous about it, she just asked if he wants her to come with.
I don't know. From a male perspective, if a woman tells me that her ex is going to be at an event with their friends, and we JUST starting to kick it, I'm going to avoid that drama.
people don't like aparna? why? she's delightful.
It's not that I don't like her, I just don't like some of her actions. Like, don't be telling people at work we chillin hard like that, gul. Shits going to go south quickly lol.

norinrad

Lawrence will fuck it up with Aperna, I see the same thing I see in myself. When a good thing is comin, BAM! You just fuck it all the way up and continue all of ya problems

Also, fuck Issa for getting on this nigga for bein depressed

That was low as fuck

I don't think he will fuck this one up. He's in a different place now and doesn't need all that drama and BS. He just needs to concentrate on his career and Aparna. This relationship could work. He just needs to stay away from Issa's friends.

I was Lawrence when I was between 21-28ish. He will be fine.

Sunster

I don't think he will fuck this one up. He's in a different place now and doesn't need all that drama and BS. He just needs to concentrate on his career and Aparna. This relationship could work. He just needs to stay away from Issa's friends.

I was Lawrence when I was between 21-28ish. He will be fine.

Issa will collide with him, they will hook up, Aparna finds out, relationship over.

Barzul

Lawrence playing a dangerous game with Aparna imo. There's a reason why don't shit where you work is a thing. Nigga you just got this good job and you know he's finna fuck the situation all the way up. That's going to be an emerging plot line next season.

I mean I like Aparna an all, but is a full blown relationship with a coworker in what looks like a small team gonna thrive? Can't see it. This is even before all the eventual Issa drama gets introduced.

Seesaw15

I don't know. From a male perspective, if a woman tells me that her ex is going to be at an event with their friends, and we JUST starting to kick it, I'm going to avoid that drama.

It's not that I don't like her, I just don't like some of her actions. Like, don't be telling people at work we chillin hard like that, gul. Shits going to go south quickly lol.

Nah, Lawerence fucked up on both counts. Aparna was being casual and just said they went to a movie together. Everyone in the office is friends and hang out outside of work so it didn't raise any red flags until Lawerence got caught in a lie.

Lawerence also fucked up by not knowing it was a sit down intimate party. To Aparna they already had plans to go out that night and Lawerence made the party sound like it was just gonna be a casual party that you can just pop your head in.

norinrad

Nah, Lawerence fucked up on both counts. Aparna was being casual and just said they went to a movie together. Everyone in the office is friends and hang out outside of work so it didn't raise any red flags until Lawerence got caught in a lie.

Lawerence also fucked up by not knowing it was a sit down intimate party. To Aparna they already had plans to go out that night and Lawerence made the party sound like it was just gonna be a casual party that you can just pop your head in.

He's dumb, but had no ill intentions. If things get serious he should find a new job and continue with Aparna. I think she really likes him but want to take things slowly. She's pretty honest with him.

Issa should choose Daniel, Nico or neighbor.

LotusHD

Banned

True, I just don't feel like she meant to start shit, just didn't think it through.

He's dumb, but had no ill intentions. If things get serious he should find a new job and continue with Aparna. I think she really likes him but want to take things slowly. She's pretty honest with him.

Issa should choose Daniel, Nico or neighbor.

Pretty sure Daniel is done for a good long while lol

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
I've only been watching and not posting in this thread this season, but last nights episode was too much.

Issa needs to calm her ass down. I still don't forgive her for the principal shit. Good luck flipping all that shit you broke to pay for rent 👀

Lawrence is definitely gonna screw over Aparna like he did Tasha.

Also a podcast I listened to talked about Dro/Molly and had me dyin at the accuracy.

"He does the simple bare minimal light skin shit" lmao

No I didn't miss the last scene....

I agree that her actions are a bit over the line. However, she just lost Daniel (over some petty shit IMO) and just got into another argument with Lawrence, as he walked away with his new boo.

Right but Issa is poor as fuck, she can't afford to be breakin shit lol.

JCX

Lawrence playing a dangerous game with Aparna imo. There's a reason why don't shit where you work is a thing. Nigga you just got this good job and you know he's finna fuck the situation all the way up. That's going to be an emerging plot line next season.

I mean I like Aparna an all, but is a full blown relationship with a coworker in what looks like a small team gonna thrive? Can't see it. This is even before all the eventual Issa drama gets introduced.

I dunno if it's a tech job culture thing, but when I worked in tech people were pretty open about dating and stuff. That didn't strike me as weird at all.

I dunno if it's a tech job culture thing, but when I worked in tech people were pretty open about dating and stuff. That didn't strike me as weird at all.

It's not so much the dating that's the issue it's the fallout if/when you break up. Good luck thinking your personal shit won't spill over into your work life...it absolutely will.

Mariolee

Might be having an Insecure party this Sunday to watch the finale. Hope the apartment don't burn down.

Friend said its also 45 min???

Might be having an Insecure party this Sunday to watch the finale. Hope the apartment don't burn down.

Friend said its also 45 min???

Yup, Issa announced it on Twitter. And I too am throwing a small party to watch the finale.

Definitely gonna hear a bunch of my female friends yellin out "bitch" in different ways ala that Tiffany Haddish video

Samara

Issa's gonna ask Lawrence for a room/couch. She's homeless.
Dolphin bae is not gonna let her in. Molly is moving anyway because of Dro. She's done.

Insecure finale might be the last thing I watch before this hurricane hits. Ya'll getting grade A commentary from me after midnight.

Top Bottom