• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Insecure - Season 2 - Sundays on HBO

LionPride

Banned
DI2SgwwWAAAjTzS.jpg:large

As a fan of awkward dinner scenes, I loved tonight's episode.

I see where Daniel was coming from, but he REALLY fucked up with that "guess we're even" line, dude, you were ALMOST in the clear.

That dinner tho.

Shoutout to Dro for having his cake and eating it too with all that confidence. It's messed up, but dude is not sweating one bit. They couldn't go ONE episode without a sex scene. I feel like that's HBO being HBO though, but damn, in the bathroom, while your wife is at the table. THAT is confidence.

Loved the Lawrence and Issa fight, felt for both of them, they were both trying to hurt each other something fierce. I also respect the block. Had to do the same to someone a while back. It's easy to unfollow, but when your mutual friend is a professional photographer posting and tagging her engagement photos, you gotta remove that hurt man. So I felt for Lawrence on that one.

Kelly was great this episode. Bout time someone said that about carrot cake.

Wondering how the Aparna story is gonna go. Last week there was a spark, this week it was just awkward, intentionally so of course.

I'm sure Issa needed that, but that girl is way too broke to be doing that to her apartment.

Lil Rel Howery ain't slick, dude is DEFINITELY tryna move in on Molly.

Also, I'd like to see Frieda outside of work at least once. Just out of curiosity.

^^Lawrence has been making bad or at least suspect decisions this season. He should have known better to come through with Aparna, especially since he knew Issa was going to be there.

Aparna seems like a cool chick too, just better not invite Lawrence to the family cookout at the park.

Whether in person or over the phone, seems like Daniel can't help but come at Issa the wrong way.

How Molly go give away Lil Rel's snacks to Dro like that?

OH NO LAWRENCE YOU DID NOT

He didn't have to take it there with that comment, Issa had every right to be mad at him showing up with coworker jump-off.

Permanent fuckboy status.

Rewatched the scene, my dude tried to be civil and explain, dude knew he hurt her and wanted to apologize, but she blew up on him and started throwing (metaphorical) jabs.

royalan

Rewatched the scene, my dude tried to be civil and explain, dude knew he hurt her and wanted to apologize, but she blew up on him and started throwing (metaphorical) jabs.

Lawrence is one of those niggas
I've had TOO many encounters with
who think that just because there's an explanation for the fucked up shit they do, that makes it ok or even understandable. When sometime's its best to just apologize and take the L you deserve. Trying to explain it just makes it worse.

Like, what the fuck is you doing bringing your new jump-off nobody knows to a mutual friend's party where you KNOW your ex is going to be in the first place? His explanation doesn't matter because he's wrong from the jump.

Lawrence has this problem with trying to get all domestic with any girl who gives him sustained attention post-Issa. Aparna IS his jump-off and, really, she should be.

Socivol

Molly still sucks but I guess breaking it off is better than continuing with Dro. She also needs to leave her job when you give them an opportunity to show you they appreciate you and they don't that's a sign.

Issa is so ridiculous. What Daniel meant was they were even from both having hurt each other and regretting it. Her reaction pissed me off it was too much.

Lawrence continues to be trash. I'm glad Issa fucked Daniel he is just upset because she went back for more even after he had sex with her again.

Socivol

Tbh that's Tiffany and Dereck's fault.

Never invite two people that broke up to party.

It always goes from awkwards to terrible. I know from fucking experience.
Meh I don't agree with this. If both people are friends of whoever's party it is you should do what Tiffany did, invite both, tell them the other is invited and let them decide if they want to come. You should be adult enough to be able to celebrate your friend without drama.

I actually had the raise conversation with my manager last month so I was feeling for Molly. Came at the them with a number, they gave me something lower, we met in the middle, but damn they pushed her shit back to the year review. I remember I was the night before, writing down all the ways they could shut me down and end the conversation so I could come up with counters. I know Molly isn't hurting for cash, but it's gotta suck to see people do less and make more than you.

Lawrence continues to be trash. I'm glad Issa fucked Daniel he is just upset because she went back for more even after he had sex with her again.

I've seen this happen way too many times in real life and have always been afraid to ask them how and why tho.

Meh I don't agree with this. If both people are friends of whoever's party it is you should do what Tiffany did, invite both, tell them the other is invited and let them decide if they want to come. You should be adult enough to be able to celebrate your friend without drama.

Uh ... have you watched this show?

Lawrence is one of those niggas
I've had TOO many encounters with
who think that just because there's an explanation for the fucked up shit they do, that makes it ok or even understandable. When sometime's its best to just apologize and take the L you deserve. Trying to explain it just makes it worse.

Wanna repeat that to season 1 Issa?

Seesaw15

I don't know if its just a generational thing but the fact that they're playing the Issa getting a facial for drama is baffling to me. As much as I enjoy Issa her story line is the weakest of the three this season.

Proud of Molly for actually showing some growth and self awareness this episode.

#TeamAparna

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
I don't know if its just a generational thing but the fact that they're playing the Issa getting a facial for drama is baffling to me.

He came in her face intentionally, which is definitely rude and can be seen/felt as disrespectful and degrading, but it did stem from a genuine misunderstanding (which was entirely on Daniel, to be fair) - the fact that Issa and Molly are getting that upset about it is a bit odd.

royalan

I don't know if its just a generational thing but the fact that they're playing the Issa getting a facial for drama is baffling to me. As much as I enjoy Issa her story line is the weakest of the three this season.

Proud of Molly for actually showing some growth and self awareness this episode.

#TeamAparna

I don't think it's a generational thing. The head thing is the one sore spot on a show that until now has been very current and relatable. Nobody I know gets it. I could see Issa being surprised, and maybe a bit humiliated and upset in the moment. But her reaction to it (AND Molly's, for that matter) days later and even with Daniel trying to apologize was extreme in a strange way.

I think the writers fucked up by having Daniel tell her he was about to cum. Had he not, I would totally get where Issa was coming from. I'd still think it was dramatic, but in a believable way.

But like, Daniel told you he was about to cum...did Issa not know what dicks do when you suck them?

Yado

New Kelela?
TloDOpL.gif

Anyway Issa deserved that. He has every right to move on, she's been doing her thing too.

royalan

New Kelela?
TloDOpL.gif

Anyway Issa deserved that. He has every right to move on, she's been doing her thing too.

He hasn't moved on, though. Notice how every time he gets into it with Issa, he doubles down on the chick he's casually messing around with.

Lawrence shouldn't have paid attention to that, "Go say something," look Molly gave him.

I was gonna say the same lol

Well that's what they both tried to do and they failed because there's too much there to unpack.

Kreed

Before the sex scene last episode when Issa and co went to that sex expo and were having this whole conversation about Black women having issues with oral sex/Black men chasing White women for oral sex, it felt like a joke from BET Comic View. I was waiting for Chris Rock to jump into the scene and go "They still make you?".

After that scene I knew the writers wanted to show something "bad" about giving oral sex/why they think Black women don't like doing it, but no one is buying this.

#TeamAparna

Aparna is Tasha 2. Lawrence ain't in that shit at all, he's just trying to fill a void, dude hasn't moved on from Issa.

LotusHD

Banned
Can we all agree that Aparna is way too good for Lawrence

Lawrence shouldn't have paid attention to that, "Go say something," look Molly gave him.

I agree, like y'all broken up, you don't really need to check up on her. Hell, you'd think Molly's isolated self would've gone out to check on her lmao

Not to mention Lawrence just made the entire dinner awkward by bringing someone else, how the hell did you think that was going to go?

Can we all agree that Aparna is way too good for Lawrence

I agree, like y'all broken up, you don't really need to check up on her. Hell, you'd think Molly's isolated self would've gone out to check on her lmao

Not to mention Lawrence just made the entire dinner awkward by bringing someone else, how the hell did you think that was going to go?

Shit Tasha was too good for Lawrence. I really liked Tasha. Aparna is definitely too good for Lawrence, honestly he just needs to be alone for a good couple....5 years. He lacks emotional maturity like crazy.

Random threesomes with white girls....raw? Like what are you doing bruh

Shit Tasha was too good for Lawrence. I really liked Tasha. Aparna is definitely too good for Lawrence, honestly he just needs to be alone for a good couple....5 years. He lacks emotional maturity like crazy.

Are these standards applied to literally everyone else on the show out there fucking and sucking?

LotusHD

Banned

I was gonna mention Tasha too, but we already knew this, so I decided against it lol

And yea, I was looking at the dude while he was in the car driving back home or wherever with Aparna, and dude just looked so... angry. Really just needs to be single for a good long while, he's just not the type of dude to bounce back quickly from a long-term relationship.

Are these standards applied to literally everyone else on the show out there fucking and sucking?

What standards, the judging over the threesome part?

Honestly I don't know if it's the framing or what but every time Lawrence and Issa are yelling at each other my anxiety kicks in bc I think he's going to hit her.

Hell yes, especially Molly. She spilled whiskey on her shirt, she gon have to get it clean. She's been goin way too hard someone has to intervene.

Seesaw15

Aparna is Tasha 2. Lawrence ain't in that shit at all, he's just trying to fill a void, dude hasn't moved on from Issa.

When I say I'm #TeamAparna I'm not rooting for them to stay together. I just liker her character and want her to join the ranks of #TeamTasha and #TeamJered . Healthy people who knew their worth and got out clean.

I seriously don't think this was malicious on Lawrence's part. I know I play the team Lawrence game, but I really think he is meant to be just kinda dumb and naive. Like an airhead. Issa, that girl is just a mess. I'm not even sure where to begin with that. I want her to shake back.

Mariolee

I absolutely think the open marriage thing is a lie, but shit Dro is so confident having both his girls at one table I can't even tell anymore.

LotusHD

Banned
Anyone else occasionally wish Molly was the main character?

Honestly I don't know if it's the framing or what but every time Lawrence and Issa are yelling at each other my anxiety kicks in bc I think he's going to hit her.

So it ain't just me...

Ultimately, I don't actually think he'd go that far, just that I wouldn't really be surprised if that ever happened. But like, if there was ever a time to start thinking the dude may have anger issues, it'd be after tonight's episode. Obviously there's some justification for said anger due to Issa roasting the shit outta him, but ya. :p

When I say I'm #TeamAparna I'm not rooting for them to stay together. I just liker her character and want her to join the ranks of #TeamTasha and #TeamJered .

So #TeamRarelyPresent?

royalan

I seriously don't think this was malicious on Lawrence's part. I know I play the team Lawrence game, but I really think he is meant to be just kinda dumb and naive. Like an airhead. Issa, that girl is just a mess. I'm not even sure where to begin with that. I want her to shake back.

I don't think Lawrence is an all-together horrible person. But that's what makes Tasha's parting words to him so potent. Lawrence is a fucknigga who thinks he's a nice guy. Lawrence is so caught up in thinking that he's the nice guy in all of this that he doesn't even see the fucknigga shit he's doing.

--Showing up to your friend's birthday dinner (that you met through your ex) with some random. Sorry, I like Aparma too, but to this group she's a random. He was just laid up with Tasha.

--Going to Tasha's family picnic and then ghosting not even 5 minutes into it.

--Coming back to Issa after you broke up with her just to give her 17 pumps of fury.

--And yeah, never really owning up to the fact that you sat on your ass for two years letting your girlfriend support you. His friend tried to tell him that last episode, but fucknigga ears don't hear.

All of the above is Grade A fuck. And Lawrence really hasn't had that moment yet where he's reflected and realized he's wildin' out.

Barzul

Sorry but Issa gets way too much of a pass and maybe it's by design. She had to put up with a shit version of Lawrence for a long time, but instead of being brave enough to end things she strung him along for who knows how long. Then she blew up their relationship by cheating and then still kept Daniel in her sphere when she should've cut him off, to the point where Lawrence was able to run into him and deduce what happened.

Of course Lawrence loves her and he's fucked up too, calling her a hoe and shit that's uncalled for. But Issa's tripping over him blocking her, wtf did she expect the nigga loved you! He certainly never would've ended things if she didn't cheat. He's not just gonna be able to get over you while seeing constant reminders.

Lawrence is well within his rights to not give Issa any pass just because she dealt with his depressed ass. But he's not some naive idiot and should've known better than to bring Aparna to that event. He's just one of them dudes that never learned how to tell women "no", which is its own can of worms. On the cool Lawrence and Issa really deserve each other and getting back together is still on the cards I think.

I absolutely think the open marriage thing is a lie, but shit Dro is so confident having both his girls at one table I can't even tell anymore.

Glad I'm not the only one thinking it. If it is though, he's got balls of steel. I feel so bad for Molly man she really should've just cut things off after that one night she just stays in this constant cycle of hurt.

Yea that Dro thing…that nigga lying!

Honestly Issa can't even play the 2 years depressed card with Lawrence because she didn't cheat on Lawrence circa depression, she cheated on him after they had their fight about both of them being stagnant and them vowing to be better with and for one another. She cheated on dude after they got their shit together with one another and Lawrence got his shit together.

ApharmdX

Banned
Watching Molly is like watching the Titanic heading towards the iceberg. Jesus that was rough, I felt bad watching the bathroom quickie scene and the aftermath.

I see where Daniel was coming from, but he REALLY fucked up with that "guess we're even" line, dude, you were ALMOST in the clear.

The man snatched defeat from the jaws of victory.

Sorry but Issa gets way too much of a pass and maybe it's by design. She had to put up with a shit version of Lawrence for a long time, but instead of being brave enough to end things she strung him along for who knows how long. Then she blew up their relationship by cheating and then still kept Daniel in her sphere when she should've cut him off, to the point where Lawrence was able to run into him and deduce what happened.

Of course Lawrence loves her and he's fucked up too, calling her a hoe and shit that's uncalled for. But Issa's tripping over him blocking her, wtf did she expect the nigga loved you! He certainly never would've ended things if she didn't cheat. He's not just gonna be able to get over you while seeing constant reminders.

I mean, when you fuck around in your committed relationship, you don't get a pass. Calling Issa names was over the top but she kinda earned it. Also, Issa is a disaster, so there's that. Lawrence a disaster too though.

Yado

He hasn't moved on, though. Notice how every time he gets into it with Issa, he doubles down on the chick he's casually messing around with.

Well he's still angry about her cheating, I'm not sure if that's something he can move on from really.

Going to that party was a mistake. I would never want to hang out with my ex's friends nor would I want them buzzing around my core group.

The funny thing about all the Lawrence and Issa mess is that they do the exact same shit to each other (complacent, oneupmanship, stubborn, and the biggest one lacking emotional maturity). So tbh there's no side to be on. They both ain't shit and they both have to come to that realization for themselves.

The funny thing about all the Lawrence and Issa mess is that they do the exact same shit to each other (complacent, oneupmanship, stubborn, and the biggest one lacking emotional maturity). So tbh there's no side to be on. They both ain't shit and they both have to come to that realization for themselves.

Yeah, exactly, so I don't know why people are getting on Lawrence's case as if this is uniquely something he's doing. Not to mention, this ep mentioned that they've been broken up for months. Y'all act like Lawrence and Issa have been communicating and that he brought Aparna to spite her when, in actuality, given they don't talk and he blocked her on FB he has no idea wtf is going on with her life

Socivol

I was gonna say the same lol

Well that's what they both tried to do and they failed because there's too much there to unpack.
Nah that happened because Lawrence is an idiot and brought his current fling (not even his girlfriend) to a birthday dinner she wasn't invited to.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Dro fucked the sense out of Molly. She's in the forest but can't see the trees.

tenor.gif

Lawrence is an idiot and does not deserve Aperna (I couldn't help but scream at the TV "girl, he's a trash ass bastard!")

Issa is weird, and Daniel's response was bad, but her response to the "The Facialing" was also bad and the whole situation is just two millennials doing stupid things with bodily fluids.

Molly was extremely likable in this episode.

Also, I would like a prequel series that focuses on how Kelly and Issa's brother started hating each other.

Top Bottom