• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

June Wrasslin' |OT| Layin' the law, once again, prepare for war. C! Z! W!

WrassleGAF IRC;

#wrasslegaf
irc.synirc.net

For those wanting a browser-based visit: http://client01.chat.mibbit.com/?channel=#wrasslegaf&server=irc.synirc.net

ij4UBGg05z0dn.png

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b-889wIU2IQ

Zandig.gif
islAVPgnGVDpo.gif
i5L0k3ZNNEWCB.gif

Celebrating 15 years of UltraViolence, the 'dub holds its thirteenth annual Tournament of Death this June 14th in a field in Delaware and what an amazing tournament it's shaping up to be!

Tournament of Death XIII - 1st Round Matches;

. 'Bulldozer' Matt Tremont vs 'Crazy Monkey' Jun Kasai
. 'Black Angel' Jaki Numazawa vs Lucky 13
. 'Deathmatch Drunkard' Danny Havoc vs Masashi Takeda
. 'The UltraViolent Beast' Masada vs Aero Boy

Tickets can be purchased from www.czwrestling.com

To raise your hype for this magical event, here's some highlight videos of previous tournaments;

. Tournament of Death
. Tournament of Death II
. Tournament of Death III
. Tournament of Death IV
. Tournament of Death V
. Tournament of Death VI
. Tournament of Death VII
. Tournament of Death VIII
. Tournament of Death IX
. Tournament of Death X
. Tournament of Death XI
. Tournament of Death XII

JEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEZUSSSSS!!!!

ibjNgONxj72V0x.gif

Elsewhere, in the non-UltraViolent corner of professional wrasslin'....

WWE hosts 'Payback' tonight at 8PM EST live on the WWE Network;

E3qQkHR.jpg

WWE, "PAYBACK", 2014.06.01
All State Arena, Rosemont, Illinois

1. El Torito vs Hornswoggle - Mask vs Hair
2. Evolution (Triple H, Randy Orton & Batista) vs The Shield (Dean Ambrose, Seth Rollins & Roman Reigns) - No-Holds Barred Elimination Match
3. John Cena vs Bray Wyatt - Last Man Standing Match
4. Bad News Barrett (c) vs Rob Van Dam - Intercontinental Championship
5. Sheamus (c) vs Cesaro - United States Championship
6. Paige (c) vs Alicia Fox - Divas Championship
7. Rusev vs Big E

Lol, wiki lists that as the main event. I'm sure it'll be AWESOME!!

Then, on the 3rd of June New Japan continues its annual 'Best of the Super Jr's' tournament;

uVEp7J0.jpg

NJPW, "BEST OF THE SUPER Jr's XXI, 2014.06.03
Tokyo Korakuen Hall

www.ustream.tv/njpw - $15

1. Rocky Romero vs Taichi
2. Tiger Mask vs Nick Jackson
3. TAKA Michinoku vs Matt Jackson
4. Hiroshi Tanahashi, Tetsuya Naito, Manabu Nakanishi, Tomoaki Honma & Captain New Japan vs Karl Anderson, Doc Gallows, Yujiro Takahashi, Tama Tonga & Bad Luck Fale
5. KUSHIDA vs BUSHI
6. El Desperado vs Kenny Omega
7. Jushin 'Thunder' Liger vs Ricochet
8. Ryusuke Taguchi vs Alex Shelley

The finals take place on 06/08, while New Japan also present DOMINION on 06/21, with the card shaping us like this so far;

NJPW, "DOMINION", 2014.06.21
Osaka Prefectural Gymnasium

www.ustream.tv/njpw - $25

. Kazuchika Okada & Tomohiro Ishii vs AJ Styles & Yujiro Takahashi
. NWA World Heavyweight Tag Titles: Satoshi Kojima & Hiroyoshi Tenzan (c) vs Lance Archer & Davey Boy Smith Jr.
. IWGP Jr. Heavyweight Title: Kota Ibushi (c) vs winner of Best of the Super Jr's XXI
. IWGP Heavyweight Tag Titles: Karl Anderson & Doc Gallows (c) vs Hiroshi Tanahashi & Togi Makabe
. IWGP Intercontinental Title: Shinsuke Nakamura (c) vs Bad Luck Fale

While this Thursday Dragon Gate present a special card from Korakuen Hall;

0HtqwK1.png

DRAGON GATE, 2014.06.05
Tokyo Korakuen Hall

www.ustream.tv/DragonGate - $14.99

0. K-ness & Kenichiro Arai vs Super Shisa & Chihiro Tominaga
1. U-T & Yosuke♡Santa Maria vs Gamma & Hollywood Stalker Ichikawa
2. Open the Brave Gate no.1 Contender's Match: Jimmy Kagetora vs Shachihoko BOY
3. Don Fuji & Ryotsu Shimizu vs Jimmy Susumu & Mr. High Tension Kotoka
4. T-Hawk & Eita vs Masaaki Mochizuki & Dragon Kid
5. Masato Yoshino, Akira Tozawa & Shingo Takagi vs Mr. Quu Quu Tanizaki Naoki Toyonaka Dolphin, Genki Horiguchi H.A.Gee.Mee!! & Jimmy Kanda
6. 5 vs 1 Gauntlet Elimination: YAMATO, Kzy, Naruki Doi, Cyber Kong & Mondai Ryu vs BxB Hulk

iboJSX1zkLsacX.gif

We got a horse now.

Also, this is the month Daniel Bryan hopefully returns wrestling so YAY!

It's also my birthday month YAY!

#POWEROFJUNE

db-vs.-batista.jpg

Browny

Banned
A month of CZW!!!

Nice OP - also noticing the lack of TNA in it, which is probably only fitting. You'd only have to go and find a picture of
MVP
injured - too much effort.

We got a horse now.

So I see.

I don't think I've bid welcome to our new equine companion yet, so welcome Horse. Here, have a sugar cube;

eg0b8Cb.gif

Good Horse.

Browny said:
Nice OP - also noticing the lack of TNA in it, which is probably only fitting. You'd only have to go and find a picture of
MVP
injured - too much effort.

I honestly had forgetten TNA existed, but you just had to go and remind me :p

Garbage wrestling OT?

It had to happen sometime.

Also, here's a question for you guys - chances of WWE buying the CZW tape library in the future? A few years back I would've said there was zero chance, but with Ambrose and Rollins on the rise, Zayn, Crowe and soon-to-be Steen in developmental, there's a load of footage that could be fairly useful to them.

DiscoJon

Banned
:::Addendum to the OP:::

CHIKARA events in June:

“Quantum of Solace”

6.21.14 – Live Event

@ Logan Square Auditorium
2539 North Kedzie Blvd in Chicago, IL 60647
Doors Open at 12:30PM, Event Starts at 1:00PM
Children 12 & under admitted free (General Admission) with a paying adult.
Rows 1 and 2 have sold out. General Admission seats still remain!
quantumsolace.jpg

“Diamonds are Forever”

6.21.14 – Live Event

@ Logan Square Auditorium
2539 North Kedzie Blvd in Chicago, IL 60647
Doors Open at 6:30PM, Event Starts at 7:00PM

SOLD OUT!

ChicagoEP.jpg

“Goldfinger”

6.22.14 – Live Event

@ The Majestic Theatre
4140 Woodward Ave in Detroit, MI 48201
Doors Open at 2:30PM, Event Starts at 3:00PM
Row 1 has sold out.
goldfinger-detroit-pro-wrestling.jpg

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
In a continued project of mine to discover why Lex Luger is of ANY notoriety in professional wrestling. I have searched far and wide. Believe me friends, it is hard to find anything positive that Luger has contributed to wrestling. But I HAVE DONE IT. We are up to three THREE THINGS that Luger has done positively in wrestling.

1.) The Torture Rack
2.) The metal plate in his arm gimmick

and the newest member of the Total Package's not completely totally worthless(except he is) roster.

3.) Lex Luger's WCW theme towards the end.

BONUS MENTION: His selling here.
Sting+5.gif

Aiii

So not worth it
I told you guys to lock up the stable at night, now see what you've done, we'll never get him back in there now.

Laserfrog

Welcome to the greatest month in the history of our sport, June. I'm so excited about the month of June this might happen.
cl4ERE8.gif

It's good to see so many believers in the power of June, it's that time of year again for something to inject a dosage of hype into the flagging WWE product and then fizzle out around Summerslam.

Remember that one year people were convinced TNA stole the power of June? aha, good times.

Sblargh

Banned
Ok, so let me understand this:

Usually wrestlemania and the raw after wrestlemania makes you all excited and happy; that's in march.
Then three months later comes June and you all get excited and happy again.

So all the negativity and lack of hope comes from April and May?

strobogo

Banned
Ok, so let me understand this:

Usually wrestlemania and the raw after wrestlemania makes you all excited and happy; that's in march.
Then three months later comes June and you all get excited and happy again.

So all the negativity and lack of hope comes from April and May?

January through end of March/Early April: Excited
April-May: Not excited
June: Excited
July-December: Not excited

Sblargh

Banned
January through end of March/Early April: Excited
April-May: Not excited
June: Excited
July-December: Not excited

June - Set up
July - December - Slow burning storylines where you are emotionally invested and marking accordingly because the heels are winning.
January - March - Pay off to the suffering of the last months.
April - May - Cool off period where everyone is angry because of all them feels and not knowing what to do with them.

...or not?

strobogo

Banned
Let me update:

January: Kind of excited, but then annoyed that nothing that the build for WM hasn't started
February: Bummed that nothing looks good for WM
March/Early April: Excited by the build finally picking up
April/May: Bummed that all momentum from WM is gone
June: Excited for Power of June
July/August: Bummed that all momentum from Power of June is gone
September/November: Bored to death
December: Excited at the prospected of action picking up in January

Ithil

rebecca_knox_7vgupq.jpg

Even if RAW is sucking at the moment, at least we seem to be getting a good June from NXT, from those tapings.

Showaddy

Eh, it's NXT, the gimmicks change if they don't work.

That would require the WWE be able to think of something other than terrible Irish gimmicks for their Irish wrestlers... Devitt better have something good up his sleeve lol

DiscoJon

Banned
I'm treading in dangerous water in another thread. Oh god what have I done. I need to just stick with Wrasslegaf. :(

strobogo

Banned
Marvel's attitude towards video games makes no sense to me.

Spiderman: Gets a game every year/other year, movie adaptations when on movie years. Games are usually fun, sell well enough to continue making them every year.

X-Men: The terrible Wolverine movie gets a great budget console game. The pretty decent Wolverine movie gets nothing. DOFP gets what appears to be an Apple exlusive mobile game based on the comic more than the movie. No console game in a few years and the last one wasn't good at all.

MCU properties: Stopping doing movie tie in console games after Phase One. Stuck with mobile only, even though the Cap game (which was very short, but pretty fun) directly influenced the look and action of The Winter Solider. NO Avengers tie in except for a Kinnect title that wasn't actually based on the MCU version.

Instead, they're sticking with Facebook and mobile games. Does Marvel really believe there is no money in an MCU console game? Like an Ultimate Alliance style game, but set and based in the MCU? Or even an Ultimate Alliance 3. Comic properties are massive right now, particularly Marvel properties. Yet they aren't doing games anymore. I don't get it. They did the dope LEGO game, though.

But I'm also surprised at how little space Marvel has on toy shelves compared to DC and even WWE. Right now, you'll see some ASM2 stuff and some Marvel Legends and that's it. Not even Winter Solider toys in most stores. DC still has MOS and TDKR stuff in stores. Plus their multiple legends lines, 60s Batman TV show toys, and even toys based on the Akrham Games. Nothing but Spiderman and a few random Legends from Marvel. No DOFP tie ins except for Hardees/Carl's Jr. and Hostess.

DC has the massive Arkham series and the very successful Injustice. Marvel needs to step their shit up on the gaming side of things. Puzzle Quest is the same match tiles game as a billion other games, except you have to be online to play it and it has cool pictures. The Facebook game is death for the first 10 stories.

Are you guys ready for the big event today?????

The Total Divas finale! :D Can't wait. Really excited to see my boy D-Bry in love, dem feels incoming, oh man get the Kleenex ready. Such a great show.

Top Bottom