• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

June Wrasslin' |OT| Layin' the law, once again, prepare for war. C! Z! W!

Anyone here have a Chromecast or Roku Stick? Which is better?

Roku stick has more apps and is 10-15 dollars more expensive I think. Depends on what you're using it for, if you're only using it for Netflix or Hulu, there's no point in getting the more expensive Roku stick. If you need more than just Netflix, Hulu, or Youtube and want Amazon or maybe the apps for the major sports streaming plans then Roku would be better. I have the Chromecast and think it works fine even though it has limited apps.

Yo

You gotta stop trying to compensate for bad camera work and a tiny penis. Edge will love you anyway.

KNIFE FIGHT ME IN THE DARK
If I win I'm making your state a dry state, NO BOOZE

ARROW BUNCH IS REAAAAAAAAAAL

1GndqK4.png

Roku stick has more apps and is 10-15 dollars more expensive I think. Depends on what you're using it for, if you're only using it for Netflix or Hulu, there's no point in getting the more expensive Roku stick. If you need more than just Netflix, Hulu, or Youtube and want Amazon or maybe the apps for the major sports streaming plans then Roku would be better. I have the Chromecast and think it works fine even though it has limited apps.

Roku is better for apps, but I like Chromecast more since it's easier to use and can stream more if you have a good PC
What about for WWE Network?

I must be feeling my age because saw the highlights of the OT clips and that's all I would watch of it.

Payback card looks awful

Our brother Roman will reach peak Appledough tonight when he overcomes 3 vs 1. I await that moment with bated breath.

My question is the end-game for Roman. If they're splitting him off as a singles right now, that's a huge mistake. We've seen his 15 minute matches and they are dreadfully boring outside of the few signature spots. Unless he's wrestling a cream of the crop ring general, he can't be trusted in that spot. Remember Wyatt/Reigns from the night after the Chamber? Yeesh.

Even his singles matches with Punk and Bryan have been nothing special, and that's kind of a feat within itself. Though this was Punk at his shittiest since he was on his way out. If he's main eventing within the year, expect the crowd to not give a fuck.

I might watch last year's Payback to get myself hyped for tonight's Payback. You know, the one with such classic matches as...

strobogo

Banned
I miss Lambada giving us gifs of men have their souls knocked from their bodies while in a Japanese sports entertainment setting.

strobogo

Banned
Things I feel like I need to do, but don't have to do, but feel the urge:

Watch last week's GoT episode
Watch the Agents of Shield finale
Read Grant Morrison's run of Batman (started months ago, kind of forgot about it)
Read the Infinity Gauntlet
Read Age of Ultron
Play Batman/X-Men/Spiderman DOS games (I tried, besides being really confused at how to get games started, they aren't fun)
Continue with Clash of the Champions. Somewhere in 1992.
Continue with early Raws. Right after WM 10. Planning on watching all Raws and PPVs in sequential order from here on.

Read Grant Morrison's run of Batman (started months ago, kind of forgot about it)
Read Age of Ultron
Play Batman/X-Men/Spiderman DOS games (I tried, besides being really confused at how to get games started, they aren't fun)
Continue with early Raws. Right after WM 10. Planning on watching all Raws and PPVs in sequential order from here on.

Maybe you should think this through after having a drink or ten.

Spider from Mars

tap that thorax

Read Age of Ultron
Go outside

tm24

Marvel's attitude towards video games makes no sense to me.

Spiderman: Gets a game every year/other year, movie adaptations when on movie years. Games are usually fun, sell well enough to continue making them every year.

X-Men: The terrible Wolverine movie gets a great budget console game. The pretty decent Wolverine movie gets nothing. DOFP gets what appears to be an Apple exlusive mobile game based on the comic more than the movie. No console game in a few years and the last one wasn't good at all.

MCU properties: Stopping doing movie tie in console games after Phase One. Stuck with mobile only, even though the Cap game (which was very short, but pretty fun) directly influenced the look and action of The Winter Solider. NO Avengers tie in except for a Kinnect title that wasn't actually based on the MCU version.

Instead, they're sticking with Facebook and mobile games. Does Marvel really believe there is no money in an MCU console game? Like an Ultimate Alliance style game, but set and based in the MCU? Or even an Ultimate Alliance 3. Comic properties are massive right now, particularly Marvel properties. Yet they aren't doing games anymore. I don't get it. They did the dope LEGO game, though.

But I'm also surprised at how little space Marvel has on toy shelves compared to DC and even WWE. Right now, you'll see some ASM2 stuff and some Marvel Legends and that's it. Not even Winter Solider toys in most stores. DC still has MOS and TDKR stuff in stores. Plus their multiple legends lines, 60s Batman TV show toys, and even toys based on the Akrham Games. Nothing but Spiderman and a few random Legends from Marvel. No DOFP tie ins except for Hardees/Carl's Jr. and Hostess.

DC has the massive Arkham series and the very successful Injustice. Marvel needs to step their shit up on the gaming side of things. Puzzle Quest is the same match tiles game as a billion other games, except you have to be online to play it and it has cool pictures. The Facebook game is death for the first 10 stories.

There's a few things in play here. One, the Lego Marvel sets vastly outplace the DC lego sets. So you're looking at the wrong toys. Marvel doesn't get merchandise right on DOFP, so you won't see tie-ins for those. Three, you're looking in the wrong stores or your stores suck. The target near me was dominated by Marvel Legos and Funko Marvel Vinyl figures.

Also, Marvel Heroes is great now and excellent. After MUA2 bombed, they kinda shed away from that style of games too

Anyone else read Superstar Billy Graham's rant about the WWE after smackdown? It's hilarious

Read Age of Ultron

Okay, real answer because I care:

Get a job, or go back to school.

Evening Musuko

Black Korea
This makes me sad.

Why the long face?

Payback seems bland, but i think the Chicago crowd will make it better. (Provided they don't get bored and chant CM Punk) Shield vs Evolution should be fun, and Sheamus and Cesaro will probably end up being good as well. Everything else, I'm not looking forward to that much but I enjoyed Extreme Rules, despite not being that interested in the card, so hopefully tonight's show ends up enjoyable as well.

Top Bottom