• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kid Icarus: Uprising Composers Revealed. You will say, "Wow."

You can actually listen to a sample track by each composer on the official site.

Sakuraba did the Main Theme: http://www.nintendo.co.jp/3ds/akdj/music/music01.html

Koshiro's Magna's Theme (Chapter 2 Ground Stage): http://www.nintendo.co.jp/3ds/akdj/music/music02.html

Sakuraba again for Black Pitt's Theme: http://www.nintendo.co.jp/3ds/akdj/music/music03.html

Sakuraba yet again on Chapter 4 Air Stage: http://www.nintendo.co.jp/3ds/akdj/music/music04.html

Mitsuda composed the Boss Battle track: http://www.nintendo.co.jp/3ds/akdj/music/music05.html

Iwadare composed the Star Pirate Theme: http://www.nintendo.co.jp/3ds/akdj/music/music06.html

Takada composed the Training Room (for multiplayer) track: http://www.nintendo.co.jp/3ds/akdj/music/music07.html

That training room music is awesome.

Motoi Sakuraba
-Star Ocean
-Baten Kaitos
-Valkyrie Profile
-Shining Force
-Golden Sun

Yuzo Koshiro
-Shenmue
-Sonic The Hedgehog
-Etrian Odyssey
-Smash Bros: Brawl
-7th Dragon

Masafumi Takada
-Resident Evil: Umbrella Chronicles
-Super Smash Bros: Brawl
-God Hand
-No More Heroes

Noriyuki Iwadare
-Grandia
-Growlanser
-Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney
-Radiata Stories
-Super Smash Bros: Brawl
-Ace Attorney Investigations: Miles Edgeworth
- YS III

Yasunori Mitsuda
-Chrono Trigger
-Chrono Chross
-Xenogears
-Xenoblade
-Shadow Hearts
-Soma Bringer
-Inazuma
-Luminous Arc

A mention of Yuzo Koshiro and no mention of Streets of Rage?

Shameful.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
psst, don't tell anyone but the kid icarus music is pretty good.
I'm just pulling your leg, you know. ;)

But well, the composer list is enough to make me interested in a game that I wasn't at all interested in before because of certain sections requiring stylus input while using the analog stick.

Baiano19 said:
Mitsuda worked on xenoblade too? That explains a fuck lot!
He just did the vocal theme.

While we're doing a love-in for some of these composers, I'll repost this:

Gravijah

I'm just pulling your leg, you know. ;)

But well, the composer list is enough to make me interested in a game that I wasn't at all interested in before because of certain sections requiring stylus input while using the analog stick.

speakin' of, doesn't the circle pad add a lefty mode for this game?

duckroll

Half-Minute Hero Second had:

Masashi Hamauzu
Kenji Ito
Noriyuki Iwadare
Yasunori Mitsuda
Manabu Namiki
Michiko Naruke
Motoi Sakuraba
Yoko Shimomura

among others.

Yeah and Monster Kingdom Jewel Summoner had: Shinji Hosoe, Hitoshi Sakimoto, Yasunori Mitsuda, Yoko Shimomura, Kenji Ito, Masaharu Iwata, Tsukasa Masuko, Yasuyuki Suzuki, Ayako Saso, and Takahiro Ogata.

Instro

Okay I've listened to all the samples. Takada and Iwadare's tracks are the best. Really nice melodies. Mitsuda's boss battle theme sounds like something from a racing game, kinda weird. Not that great either. Koshiro's track is pretty good, more dynamic sounds. Sakuraba's tracks are.... a) boring generic main theme, b) faux-western crap, c) Sakimoto military march wannabe. Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

I did? Why are you putting words in my mouth?

I like Koshiro's track a bit more than Takada's, but Iwadare's is best of the bunch imo. The Black Pitt theme is the only one I dislike of the ones posted.

Gravijah

Yeah and Monster Kingdom Jewel Summoner had: Shinji Hosoe, Hitoshi Sakimoto, Yasunori Mitsuda, Yoko Shimomura, Kenji Ito, Masaharu Iwata, Tsukasa Masuko, Yasuyuki Suzuki, Ayako Saso, and Takahiro Ogata.

shinji hosoe & ayako saso <3333333333333333

I am going to play this simply because of the musical composers. I said "Wow." after Neo posted their Wiki page.

Also, Iwadare best work comes from Ace Attorney T&T. Holy shit, some of the pieces from that game is pure magic.

Aeana

Proof that games with amazing composer lineups can't possibly be less than stellar.

kSt

Even without CPP you will have multiple control options, including one which excludes stylus at all.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
speakin' of, doesn't the circle pad add a lefty mode for this game?
AgentOtaku's impressions of the CPP weren't very positive, so that's kind of holding me back from getting one since it's $25 at EB. We'll see.

Even without CPP you will have multiple control options, including one which excludes stylus at all.
Do the shooting sections allow for this?

This game needs a soundtrack release. So bad. Please do me a solid for once, Nintendo. Don't go all Brawl on us again. ;-;

"Masashi Hamauzu: I'm Masashi Hamauzu. I'm also contributing two tracks to Yuusha 30 SECOND. They include an introductory theme and a battle track."

You had me at Masashi Hamauzu.

Jiguryo

Aryan mech phallus gun
I'm just surprised Nintendo could still afford the 40 even after hiring all of these composers.

Oh snap, ooh burn, etc...

Ok, now that this is out of the way, what a team. Takada alone would've sold me the game, anyway - but at least three of them figure among my favorites :O

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
It's unfortunate that Yuusha 30 Second didn't have a soundtrack release. The first soundtrack was good enough to warrant a purchase, and I was hoping--when the composer tracklist was revealed for the second game--that they'd release a soundtrack for that one, but they didn't.

Apparently yes, more info in the OT.
The video describes it as an okay method. Thanks. :)

...I'll bite. LOL. I wasn't planning on dropping money on this, but I'll bite and see how it goes.

too bad. :( you can have my right handed-ness to play ki:u since i have no interest in playing it anytime soon.
I forgot you're still on TotA. :(

After listening to the sample tracks, I have to say bringing in these composers feels like a waste if Nintendo's just going to make them compose generic orchestral soundtrack music like this. Sakuraba and Iwadare's contributions are rather uninspiring. Koshiro's and Mitsuda's are OK. Takada's composition is the only one that really stands out - it has a good sense of rhythm and fun interplay between the violin and guitar lines.

Kind of a tangent, but I was going through some of Yuzo Koshiro's music and listened to some Actraiser songs. Pretty cool stuff. I might give the game a shot too, it looks pretty neat.

botty

Banned
This is what happens when you're BFFL with your boss. Sakurai can probably do anything and get anything he wants at Nintendo.

I said "Cool". They're all distinguished, trust-worthy musicians with ranging ability. Have yet to listen to any of the samples since I'm still deprived of a regular computer.

But, of course, Sakurai could do better. The best way for me to say "Wow", at this point in game music history anyway, is for him to contract Motoaki Takenouchi to lead the music for his next non-SSB game. To be honest, I'd piss myself twice with glee and eustress at the sight of that alone—add in Iwadare, Kimitaka Matsumae (and Manami—why not?), and Takada for maximum levels of obscure, less obvious masterful game musicians and music.

Masafumi Takada
Yasunori Mitsuda

k7jd5.gif

Yeah Sakurai must have some of the most hardcore clout in the entire industry.
I mean Brawl had one of the best soundtracks ever created.

Top Bottom