• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

KVO THE ULTIMATE BATTLE 2012 | Fighting game tournament (JP) | May 4-5

Azure J

Yipes is such a huge variable in the game. Went into the hyperbolic time chamber when UMVC3 came out, entered a few tournaments but didn't do well however performed well at Combofiend's Comboratory where he got a lot of experience.

Then went into hyperbolic time chamber for a long ass time, came to Winter Brawl did well but disqualified himself because he got sick. Entered Final Round after that and got top 3, best performance in Marvel for him I believe. Then goes into hyperbolic time chamber again and we see glimpses of him bodying fools with the Sons of Sparda. Now he's back in the hyerbolic time chamber again. I really don't know what he's cooking up but he is GOING IN on the game, he already has the best Vergil in the States as well as the best Dante.

Did you ever get the chance to watch the archive of that Live Oratory when Yipes and Persia stopped by? I swear, it became some MVC2 looking shit. First person touched lost and perfects were traded like YuGiOh cards. Yipes' Dante was fucking stupid good.

A bunch of SRK heads were in the stream chat as well going wild at the new shit they were seeing.

haunts

Bacon of Hope
Yo! We're getting shit set up at the venue but we should be live soon. 15-30 min or so.

Hope you guys enjoyed the UMVC3 3v3 tournament last night. It was easily one of the most amazing tournaments I've been involved with and so happy we were out here to cover it. Check out the twitch archives if you havent already but I am getting them up on YT as well.

If you guys have any feedback on the stream and stuff just hit me up on twitter.

Also you guys should stop arguing about dumb crap and just enjoy the matches! Great players all over the world in this amazing community. :)

ponpo

( ≖‿≖)
Yo! We're getting shit set up at the venue but we should be live soon. 15-30 min or so.

Hope you guys enjoyed the UMVC3 3v3 tournament last night. It was easily one of the most amazing tournaments I've been involved with and so happy we were out here to cover it. Check out the twitch archives if you havent already but I am getting them up on YT as well.

If you guys have any feedback on the stream and stuff just hit me up on twitter.

Also you guys should stop arguing about dumb crap and just enjoy the matches! Great players all over the world in this amazing community. :)

Yes sir hants!

And when's the next WBH video?

The 3v3 was awesome but missed the last couple of hours so looking forward to catching up after this weekend, too much live stuff on at the moment!

toypop

I'm re-watching some part of KVOxGods I missed. Kindev got bitch-slapped part was pure gold.

Maid : How dare you bother to come to Osaka all the way from Kanto (Tokyo), wth are you doing!!

Kindev : No, I'm from Nagoya.

Maid : Ah Nagoya, I'm sorry.
A, Anyway! I've been playing some Street fighter and wondered who is playing that Rufus.
Now I'm really impressed that you actually look like Rufus! Please keep it up! *slap!*

Kindev : Hey, it really hurts!! I'm almost crying.

Question for those who play BB - I haven't played any of the BB games but I'm going to be picking up P4 day 1 - Is P4 looking similar enough that I should pick up the latest BB to get used to the systems, or is it not worth the bother?

Onemic

Why exactly is persona 4 getting so much hype? People talk of it like it will be the best fighting game of this gen once it hits stateside. Isn't it just a Persona makeover of the Blazblue series more or less?

Onemic

Because people like P4 in general?

Seriously, has he lost a match yet?

Well, yes, but are the mechanics that much different than the blazblue series? And do people still play blazblue(continuum shift extend right?) on PSN, as I'm guessing it will be better to familiarize myself with the blazblue system before going into P4 once it comes out.

Well, it's similar, yeah, but it seems to work differently. There's the whole persona mechanic, bursts are more like Guilty Gear now, there are no chip kills, there are status effects, there's the awakening mechanic (+50 meter and some status boosts IIRC when low in health), execution seems easier overall (see: autocombos), and other stuff that I'm surely leaving out because it's 1AM here and I'm not too focused.

Edit: Aww, I missed that because of typing this post.

I still can't decide who I want to main when P4A comes out, I love my girl Chie but I am ass at rushdown. I am thinking it will probably either be Yu
Charlie
or Naoto. Yu because of the fairly even play-style or Naoto for the lame stuff.

I still can't decide who I want to main when P4A comes out, I love my girl Chie but I am ass at rushdown. I am thinking it will probably either be Yu
Charlie
or Naoto. Yu because of the fairly even play-style or Naoto for the lame stuff.

I'm going to stick with Chie because I honestly can't see myself maining anyone else but her.

As back ups I'm thinking about Kanji and Elizabeth, but the more high level Naoto play I see, the more tempting the prospect of playing as the Detective Prince becomes...

haunts

Bacon of Hope
P4 tournament stream will be up soon...

In the meantime...

c9078aa2c308519cd26b4b74d013124b10ebc7fd.87.2.9.2.jpeg

That poster is super sick, good work on the stream to both Haunts and Fubarduck. Been super entertaining the whole time. I'M READY FOR THAT P4 HYPE LET'S GO!

Top Bottom