• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

KVO THE ULTIMATE BATTLE 2012 | Fighting game tournament (JP) | May 4-5

USD

Frieda and Nemo just clinched a spot in the main tournament. winner of this match (Rei-chan vs. Ninroku 2600) also earns a spot.

USD

KVOxGODSGARDEN
Chou
Sunahebi
OGTY
ABEGEN
G.X
Frieda
Nemo
Rei-chan

Matches:

OGTY vs. Sunahebi
Reichan vs. G.X
ABEGEN vs. Chou
Nemo vs. Frieda

Fraeon

This stream has revived my interest in marvel. no morrigan is a good morrigan.

Seeing guys like Dieminion do really well in this game with Morrigan revived my interest. There's an actual keep out game now instead of it being about the guy who gets to first confirm to a combo.

sephi22

Guys, could someone recap what happened? I went out in the middle of the team matches.

1) Which team won?
2) Were there single matches as part of KVO too?
3) Or were the single matches part of this KVO x Godsgarden invitational thing, and if so, who won?

Thanks in advance

Seeing guys like Dieminion do really well in this game with Morrigan revived my interest. There's an actual keep out game now instead of it being about the guy who gets to first confirm to a combo.

I don't have a problem with morrigan, I just get tired of seeing her more than any other character by far in our streams.

MrDaravon

Wait, did the missiles hit Doom OUT of his level 3, or did the level 3 whiff and the missiles just happened to hit at the same time?

Dahbomb

HAHA snapping in She Hulk.

Chou is straight up beasting. DAT American Wesker tech.

Abegen vs team Omg Itz andre / CJ Show stopper aka team stupid!
More like technically best team for Vergil although not in that order.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
Cs6zp.png

:(

HAHA snapping in She Hulk.

Chou is straight up beasting. DAT American Wesker tech.

More like technically best team for Vergil although not in that order.

I feel like there two really stupid teams that can work for anyone and I have proof.

Wesker/Vergil/Magneto = CJ Show Stopper and OMG itz Andre
Wesker/Dorm/Magneto = Masta CJ, Wentinel and the newest member FLASH!

Not saying that they aren't good players. Just saying anyone can play that team and win.

Dahbomb

WTF at this Tron/Thor/She-Hulk team. Where's the synergy? What's with the shitty anchor? What is the point of your team!?!
You can't seriously be asking this question.

The team and player playing it is legit. Although I would argue that it's a pretty bad Thor but one of the best Tron teams out there. She Hulk has some fairly crazy gimmicks at anchor position thanks to XF.

Wesker/Vergil/Magneto = CJ Show Stopper and OMG itz Andre
Wesker/Dorm/Magneto = Masta CJ, Wentinel and the newest member FLASH!
CJ Showstopper doesn't win shit. Also the players that use that Dorm team are all good players so I don't get the complaints.

Why on earth did he keep snapping in She Hulk?

Abegen is a known player. He had a really bad match but he's a killer and his X-Factor level 3 She Hulk is about as scary as American X-Factor lvl 3 Wesker.

He didn't get his offense started but the synergy on his team is through the roof. If he kills your 2nd character and She Hulk is alive with meter to dhc into her you're done. He has a ton of setups.

The team and player playing it is legit. Although I would argue that it's a pretty bad Thor but one of the best Tron teams out there. She Hulk has some fairly crazy gimmicks at anchor position thanks to XF.

CJ Showstopper doesn't win shit. Also the players that use that Dorm team are all good players so I don't get the complaints.

He's always like one or two match from top 8, top 16 or top 32. I believe at both Final Round and NCR I saw him in winners of his pools.

LakeEarth

Anyone know any good video examples? He didn't get anything going in the matches I saw.

Especially ones that show some of this XF3 She-Hulk tech.

Dahbomb

He's always like one or two match from top 8, top 16 or top 32.
So he doesn't win shit.

Any good examples? He didn't get anything going in the matches I saw.
That was a terrible match to assess his team synergy from. Just go on youtube and type in Abegen.

Basically speaking Tron has access to a full screen durable beam Mighty Spark and a low hitting OTG assist. She gets in with the beam or if they duck it she can command throw/throw them or starts a TOD off of the Mighty Spark. The low hitting OTG assist in the neutral is for unblockables. Once Tron gets the hit she can do her combos and both Mighty Spark AND Torpedo act as combo extenders. She can DHC her Lunch hyper into Mighty Punish whiff and then Thor can spam Mighty Spark H for CRAZY damage and meter gain. This DHC synergy almost always guarantees kills. You can also go one more into Mighty Tornado and then She Hulk hyper that works too. Also while Abegen doesn't do it that often, this team has INESCAPABLE trap with the Serbot Launcher where Tron can trap them in it after the end of a long combo, raw tag into Thor or She Hulk and go for anti-air grab which is generally guaranteed if you don't have a proper escape mechanism.

Thor on point doesn't get a lot aside from a combo extender and OTG assist but Thor with X factor means you have to be really careful both on the ground and in the air (air means Mighty Hurricane throw into TOD or on the ground means Mighty Punish into She Hulk DHC). He also has set ups where once he gets close and has 2 hypers he can guarantee a touch off of a command grab hyper because he can do Mighty Punish -> Taking out the Trash (one is for ground one is for anti-air). Both have a ton of XF gimmicks especially She Hulk. She Hulk gets TOD off of all grabs, touches and she actually has decent mix ups on in coming plus She Hulk backed up by Thor assist is insanely good.

There are probably a shit ton of synergy and tech/set ups I am missing on that team but this is the gist of it. Also this is one of the highest possible health rating team in the game meaning it's usually going to survive way more combos than a normal team.

So he doesn't win shit.

The point isn't that he's winning major. The point that he is winning more than he should be.

Going 5-2, 6-2, 7-2 for him is winning. Honestly I don't think he does much better than 2-2 or 3-2, 4-2 w/o that team.

It's giving him 2-3-4 extra wins per tournament which translate into 50-150 placements! That's all fraudulent!

Saying you got 37th out of 400 is a lot better than saying you got 157th or 253rd out of 400. And quite frankly I think that because of his team and not him.

Same for Master CJ and Wentinel. Who are both good players but they were averaging top 8 to top 16 at their locals in Vanilla. Now they are averaging top 3....

MrDaravon

So wait, did the Deadpool player lose because he was trying to troll? Love the Skrull rage taunt lol

But this Deadpool player has been pretty on point all day today.

JeTmAn81

That is one of the better Deadpools I've seen. Jab into Wesker gunshot plus Mad Wheel (overhead) for the unblockable on opponent wakeup is pretty godlike.

Onemic

This is the best stream ever. Losers getting bitch slapped by Japanese maids is the greatest thing ever. I wonder what's in the drinks they give them....

And chat has become one huge America vs Europe troll fest

Top Bottom