• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Leguna's DREAM TEAM kicked to f'ing curb by GAF MASTERS

Lyte Edge said:
Thanks for the tag Mike. :)

You need to change Leguna's name back though....that's going too far. :lol
I didn't change his name (nor give you the tag for that matter), but I'm glad you're satisfied!

LukeSmith

briefcasemanx said:
A permaban would be dumb. I think a 1 or 2 week ban should be the stakes, that way when he comes back you guys can rub it in his face and gloat about your win when he can see it, as well as the inevitable "Leguna is back from ban today, let's rub our victory in his face" thread.

I like how you think...

Particle Physicist

between a quark and a baryon
yeah.. i just realized.. im a little slow.. in the head...

so .. anyone playing right now?

i kinda suck.. but i can have fun win or lose. :)

gamertag: unsyncopated

Fifty

Mr. Lemming said:
I'm sort of disappointed that I gave my slot up now.

:lol If this was going to be such a big deal I might have tried to play instead of just chilling in front of the TV. Willco did a good job of hyping it though (as well as Leguna laying the ground work, bless him), he truly is GA's Don King

jett

D-Member
:lol :lol :lol

Awesome ass-pounding. I knew he would wuss out of Wario's/Willco's challenge, his type always do. Deep down(maybe not that deep anymore) he knows he sucks ass. Worthless trash-talker. I like how he hasn't mentioned anything about the changing the settings. Either way, I don't expect that little bitch to post in this thread again.

Leguna

Banned
TO GAF TEAM:
Sorry, I didn't intentionally forget to tell you all that flag runners could use vehicles. We have been playing that way for years, so it didn't occur to me to announce it. For the record, I didn't make the game, Manngc did.

Re-match will be at 9pm Wednesday. Celebrate in your victory for now, for it won't last you long.

TO MODS:
Please return my name back to normal at least.

Mike Works:
It was a 5v6 game not a 5v5. We were out numbered, but it was my mistake for under estimating the enemy (GAF Team). This is not an excuse, but rather my mistake for thinking we could easily handle a 5v6.

duderon

rollin' in the gutter
This is going to last until you win a game, so put your account on the line or shut up. I don't want to see you asking for a rematch every other day, and I think everyone else would agree.

aerofx

I Suck At Halo said:
TO GAF TEAM:
Sorry, I didn't intentionally forget to tell you all that flag runners could use vehicles. We have been playing that way for years, so it didn't occur to me to announce it. For the record, I didn't make the game, Manngc did.

Re-match will be at 9pm Wednesday. Celebrate in your victory for now, for it won't last you long.

TO MODS:

Mike Works:
It was a 5v6 game not a 5v5. We were out numbered, but it was my mistake for under estimating the enemy (GAF Team). This is not an excuse, but rather my mistake for thinking we could easily handle a 5v6.

:lol owned.

Nikashi

Banned
I'm not in the clan, but if anyone wants to play with me on their side on Tues/Wed, I'm in. I've been dying for some hot CTF action again.

And don't worry, I'm a decent player, some GAF guys around here can vouch.

Nikashi said:
I'm not in the clan, but if anyone wants to play with me on their side on Tues/Wed, I'm in. I've been dying for some hot CTF action again.

And don't worry, I'm a decent player, some GAF guys around here can vouch.

same here....

Willco

Hollywood Square
Again, no sanctioned GAF matches unless you bet something leguna. If you want to play individual players, please direct all your inquiries to the Online Forum.

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.
It just occured to me, isn't I Suck At Halo IN the GAF clan? Why did he call the clan out like this in the first place?

Fifty

Willco said:
Again, no sanctioned GAF matches unless you bet something leguna. If you want to play individual players, please direct all your inquiries to the Online Forum.

DonKing4.jpg

levious said:
It just occured to me, isn't I Suck At Halo IN the GAF clan? Why did he call the clan out like this in the first place?

I don't think he is(?) I just did a quick search of the player list and nothing turned up.

levious

ok, I guess I remember Lyte Edge telling someone to invite him, but I guess it never happened... maybe that's what this is all about. Three week old grudge.

I Suck At Halo said:
Mike Works:
I thought auto-balance was turned on?

Willco

Hollywood Square
To Leguna/I Suck at Halo:

This is the deal I think favors both parties. Really. If you want to change it, I think we're all willing to alter it if need be, but I can't think of something more fair.

If you want a sanctioned rematch then you're going to have to lay something on the line, including your nick. And that's in addition your account for 14 days, as well as the rights to your alias.

You win and you can have your name back, a free pass to gloat in our glorious Gaming Forum and parade whatever you want around in victory. Seriously.

You lose, and your are disowned by the forum for fourteen days and your current alias stays for however long the mods seem fit.

... Now, the match conditions are as follows:

Seven representatives from Gaming-Age will challenge seven representatives from your respective team at a time you decide (Wednesday, is it?).

Best of three series. Capture the Flag. You can pick the settings and map for the first match, but the Gaming-Age 7 Man Wrecking Crew gets to pick the customized settings and map for the second match. If there is a need for a third match, you will have the rights to choose the settings and map.

This is pretty fair and your pride is at stake after you took a beating here. If you want, I will even play, but I'd like to put our clan roster spots up to some kind of vote since we're representing Gaming-Age Forum.

... Again, if you don't want any part in this, take your "challenge" to individual users in the Online Forum.

Handshake or what?

Willco

Hollywood Square
Rorschach said:
Flag holders driving vehicles (especially Banshee) is crap.

If this setting is turned on in any match that leguna holds the rights to customize, I feel it should be necessary to inform the other team. If he feels it's a necessary handicap in his customized match, then so be it.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
Willco said:
If this setting is turned on in any match that leguna holds the rights to customize, I feel it should be necessary to inform the other team. If he feels it's a necessary handicap in his customized match, then so be it.

funny thing is.... afaik when we knew about the option, we still did our last flag capture by normal rules :p

Willco

Hollywood Square
DopeyFish said:
funny thing is.... afaik when we knew about the option, we still did our last flag capture by normal rules :p

That's what separates the men from the boys. You did us proud, Dopey.

... As I said before, I take back every bad thing I ever said about you. For today.

If this rematch ever happens, and since it would be 7x7 we should get a spectator in there to relay match information to the forum as it happens. They can just sit in the corner facing the wall and announce score updates or whatnot.

Willco

Hollywood Square
Mr. Lemming said:
If this rematch ever happens, and since it would be 7x7 we should get a spectator in there to relay match information to the forum as it happens. They can just sit in the corner facing the wall and announce score updates or whatnot.

I would be more than willing to do this, unless you'd like to take the honors. Of course, any sanctioned rematch is dependent on leguna agreeing to a set of conditions that make the rematch worth playing.

... Or he could go play Susy Homemaker and John Bumfuck in the Online Forum to get his jollies, but he'll never live this down and never get any recognition if he beats a few random challengers.

... But if he were to play against a select group of the Gaming-Age elite, a 7 Man Wrecking Crew willing to go down far for the rumble in Zanzibar, and win - gasp! - he could single handedly get his pride back. His name back. Respect back. All that jazz.

ohamsie

It is times like this that GAF really feels like a community. I had a blast hearing the play by play from Willco in #ga, and cheering on our fellow GAF champions. Great job guys, congratulations are in order.

Eggo

GameFan Alumnus
I Suck At Halo said:
TO GAF TEAM:

TO MODS:

Mike Works:

Final Judgement...

Anticipation/Buildup - 8.4
Smack talking - 9.5
Backing it up - 1.3
Postgame Quotes - 6.9
Overall Score (not an average) - Legu0wned

Mr. Lemming said:

whoever that maybe, hopefully people dont try to kill them just to rack up kills

peace

Willco

Hollywood Square
Fixed2BeBroken said:
whoever that maybe, hopefully people dont try to kill him just to rack up thier stats.

peace

... This is the worry. It's times like this that Halo 2 truly needs a spectator mode. It'd be nice to make a rule that any team to kill a certified "spectator" would automatically forfeit the game.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Fixed2BeBroken said:
whoever that maybe, hopefully people dont try to kill them just to rack up kills

peace

I think you can find out who killed who on Bungie's stats page. Just find out who killed the spec and subtract that score from the stats

Fixed2BeBroken said:
whoever that maybe, hopefully people dont try to kill him just to rack up thier stats.

Well since its CTF, stats don't really matter... and we can see who killed the spectator in the postgame stats anyway. The only issue I see with there being a spectator are that it would be mistaken for a real player, so we would have to make sure both teams know about the position of the spectator before hand. On some maps getting totally out of the way will be easier than others. Like Zanzibar the player can chill out in the water on the beach... Coagulation on the other hand generally has the entire map in play, so finding a suitable hiding spot could be difficult.

Willco said:
... This is the worry. It's times like this that Halo 2 truly needs a spectator mode. It'd be nice to make a rule that any team to kill a certified "spectator" would automatically forfeit the game.

You could always set the rules for a Mutli Team CTF and have the spectator be like green or something

There would be another flag, but it would be obvious that the green flag woudl not count.

Red Mercury said:
You could always set the rules for a Mutli Team CTF and have the spectator be like green or something

There would be another flag, but it would be obvious that the green flag woudl not count.

I don't think adding another element in addition to the spectator that could confuse the gameplay farther is the right path to take.

Edit: Since it is 7x7 we could have two spectators... I don't know exactly why we would want two spectators but there you go.

Willco

Hollywood Square
Red Mercury said:

This is a good suggestion. Again, this is all waiting on some kind of e-handshake agreement with leguna. It seems the interest is there for a rematch, but only if we make it worthwhile, especially for the current members of the GAF 6 Man Wrecking Crew.

leguna, if you'd like to negotiate anything in private as well, you can PM me.

Mr. Lemming said:
I don't think adding another element in addition to the spectator that could confuse the gameplay farther is the right path to take.

This is true, but a different colored "spectator" on a map like Coag could be beneficial, as there really isn't a great place to hide there. I guess maybe in a cave. I dunno.

levious

clan members should vote on the 7 man lineup.

Dopeyfish
Lyte Edge
Wario 64
DaAnswer3
Nutter Butter 700
OpIvy
Fifty
Mr. lemming
Cubsfan
Donkey 69 (catfish)
DJ Demon J
Wellington
PhatSaqs
SKluck
AeroGod
Fixed2beBroken

who else is there?

I just tried to see where the 3rd flag would spawn on Zanzibar, but only having 2 controlers does me no good. Anyone care to verify that it would spawn on in the middle, along the west wall where the sniper rifle is? (Basically looking out towards the sword.)

If there is a rematch, and they agree to the spectator, I think Green is a good color to go with. It's very bright player color, along with the flag color so their shouldn't be much confusion. (And since you have to HOLD X to pick up the flag there can be no acidental flag pick ups if the battle gets heated by the flag.)

Top Bottom