• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Linkin Park singer Chester Bennington has committed suicide

neoanarch

Damn. Rip. As much flak as I and everyone gave them for their early nwork. He was respected and had massive talent. This sucks.

zulux21

what?
fuck....
he is one of my favorite artists of all time.

I wonder if this is related to Chris Cornell.

Chester was really broken up about his death and even seemed to be questioning if there was anything he could do to have prevented that...

just...
damn it. today officially sucks :/

NotLiquid

What the fuck.

I know he's had a history of being abused as a kid/being on drugs and I recall he took the reception to the latest album incredibly personally.

But holy shit I would have never expected this. Like the band or not this guy was the voice for a large generation of kids and teens, me included.

I'm so bummed out now.

Camwi

I'm not seeing this anywhere else besides TMZ. And apparently, there was a suicide hoax about him a couple of days ago? Can anyone else confirm?

TMZ may be a bunch of shithead vultures, but they are both fast and accurate when it comes to things like this, so I've learned to stop doubting them.

CHC

That's really shitty, him and his band mates always seemed like all around decent dudes.

I remember watching a thing a long time about a serious stalker he had. He came across as really down to earth, if not genuinely victimized to some degree by his own fame.

Sad loss.

Holy shit. My thoughts go out to his family.

Linkin Park was THE reason I got into rock music of any kind as a middle schooler. RIP Chester.

Cindres

Vied for a tag related to cocks, so here it is.
Fuck man, music of my childhood. Hell I was listening to Hybdrid Theory earlier today.

RIP.

Dynomutt

Terrible news. It's crazy how much this stuff consumes people.

He told us. Addiction takes up so much energy. Even when recovering thinking about the time lost, relationships lost, the what if's, the why's, the how's, that shit is daunting. The goal is not to feel sometimes mentally and physically.

There's something inside me
That pulls beneath the surface
Consuming
(Confusing what is real)
This lack of self control I fear
Is never ending, controlling
(Confusing what is real)

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
I'm not seeing this anywhere else besides TMZ. And apparently, there was a suicide hoax about him a couple of days ago? Can anyone else confirm?

It's always said, and they're scum but tmz are as legit rock solid as it comes for a source

Don't be afraid
I've taken my beating
I've shared what I've made
I'm strong on the surface
Not all the way through
I've never been perfect
But neither have you
So, if you're asking me, I want you to know

When my time comes
Forget the wrong that I've done
Help me leave behind some reasons to be missed
And don't resent me
And when you're feeling empty
Keep me in your memory
Leave out all the rest
Leave out all the rest

RIP.

I'm close to tearing up. I grew up on LP.

Wow R.I.P

Don't be afraid
I've taken my beating
Not all the way through
I've never been perfect
But neither have you

When my time comes
And don't resent me
Keep me in your memory
Leave out all the rest
Leave out all the rest

RIP.

I'm close to tearing up.

Yeah as a Linkin Park this is hitting me hard.

Wazzy

Banned
Holy shit. This is horrifying. I've been a major fan of Linkin Park since I was young and hearing this is really shocking. RIP and my thoughts go out to his family and friends.

YaBish

Rest in Peace
Though I wasn't huge on their later stuff, I'd be lying if I didn't legitimately enjoy a decent chunk of LP's music.

TheMan

Really liked hybrid theory back in the day, listened to some of those songs over and over again. Hope his family is ok.

Damn, to say I loved this guy's music growing would be an understatement, I gobbled up everything LP related and quite enjoyed his little stint on Stone Temple Pilots
RIP Chester

Dynomutt

Don't be afraid
I've taken my beating
Not all the way through
I've never been perfect
But neither have you

When my time comes
And don't resent me
Keep me in your memory
Leave out all the rest
Leave out all the rest

RIP.

I can't tell you how many times I heard his voice. I'm close to tearing up.

This one hit's close to home. This one is heavy. Very sad.

Top Bottom