• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LOST 06.01: [FINAL SEASON PREMIERE] Official Thread Of Last Time We Get One Of These

Status
Not open for further replies.
polyh3dron said:
So is the thing on at 8pm a season 5 recap? I'm a little fuzzy on what happened during the S5 finale.

Yes, full season recap. Every episode of Lost is on Hulu, so you can rewatch "the incident", It's what I did!

Eric WK

polyh3dron said:
So is the thing on at 8pm a season 5 recap? I'm a little fuzzy on what happened during the S5 finale.

It's a series recap. The Incident was pretty straightforward, though. If you knew what was going on before that episode started, I'm not sure how you'd leave confused.

SpeedingUptoStop said:
Ladies and gentlemen, we are now approaching 35,000 feet
Hope you’re enjoying your ride through Wonderland
I am your flight attendant, SpeedingUptoStop
Turn your bottles upside down and your blunts in an upright position
And please remain seated until the flight has come to a complete stop
Thanks for flying the friendly skies with your friendly captain J-A-C-O-B
aka
The Homey

I love you.

Feep

Banned
The plan for tomorrow.

1. Wake up fucking late. Like, noon, because I made sure I had no work on this holiest of holy days.

2. Get dressed in my awesome Dharma-themed shirt and hoodie.

3. Watch the Incident Parts 1 and 2.

4. At 3:00, begin internet lockdown. (I am on the west coast.) Text messaging disabled.

5. Go to see Jimmy Kimmel Live from 5:00-8:00. Special guests: Carlton Cuse and Damon Lindelof!

6. Rush the fuck to a Lost party, with an HD digital projector equivalent to a ONE HUNDRED AND TWENTY FOUR INCH TELEVISION.

7. See some epic shit go down.

HELL YES

Catalix

And on the sixth day the LORD David Bowie created man and woman in His image. And he saw that it was good. On the seventh day the LORD created videogames so that He might take the bloody day off for once.
Chipopo said:
Gawker tv put up a collection of Lost fan art.

500x_hurley_1.jpg

4 8 15 16 23 42 by Mark Bodnar
This pic still makes me smile. Someone even made a neat little gif of it a while back

bfkxeq.gif

SpeedingUptoStop

will totally Facebook friend you! *giggle* *LOL*
Ack! trying to watch a little fucking Burn Notice here and I look at my comp for a couple minutes, look back and am like "wait I recognize this" and ITS THE ABC LOST PROMO WTF i click away before I'm spoiled, once more.

Smokey

SpeedingUptoStop said:
Gotta wonder where Smokey was during the 77s' whole time in Dharmaville. Is he part of the truce?

I know I mentioned this earlier but seeing my name used to describe smoke monster gets me every fucking time. Whenever I read a post and I see 'Smokey' I think that I did something wrong or said something I shouldn't have

:/

Catalix

And on the sixth day the LORD David Bowie created man and woman in His image. And he saw that it was good. On the seventh day the LORD created videogames so that He might take the bloody day off for once.
D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
Did they ever go into how the others knew to build the runway?

Domino Theory

Crystal Dynamics
Feep said:
5. Go to see Jimmy Kimmel Live from 5:00-8:00. Special guests: Carlton Cuse and Damon Lindelof!

Okay, I'm either going to sound really stupid or genuinely confused, but doesn't the S6 premiere air at 6pm PST? Or is ABC pulling a SpikeTV and not having the show air in-sync with other time zones?

Feep

Banned
Domino Theory said:
Okay, I'm either going to sound really stupid or genuinely confused, but doesn't the S6 premiere air at 6pm PST? Or is ABC pulling a SpikeTV and not having the show air in-sync with other time zones?
Wait, what? Generally, only live sporting events are aired simultaneously. Almost no scripted television is aired concurrently on both coasts. Half of Lost viewers aren't even home by six.

Of course my grandmothers birthday party has to be tomorrow, night of both Lost, Biggest Loser, and a basketball game I want to watch.

I guess I should shut my face and focus on what's really important, but hey, I do wanna see if Season Six has anything of interest.

Domino Theory

Crystal Dynamics
Feep said:
Wait, what? Generally, only live sporting events are aired simultaneously. Almost no scripted television is aired concurrently on both coasts. Half of Lost viewers aren't even home by six.

So it's actually going to air 3 hours after the East and Central time zones have already seen it? What the shit face fuck is that?

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
...That's how LOST and nearly every other show have always been!

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
That went way over my head!
28 minutes and it will officially be Feb. 2nd!

Thermite

Just finished watching the Incident with some buds (which also marks the end of our Lost re-watch) a little bit ago. Bring on Season 6! :D

Jtwo said:
That went way over my head!
28 minutes and it will officially be Feb. 2nd!

It's been February 2nd here for a few hours now... ;P

Feep said:
I thought they filmed from 8:30-11:30pm?

Domino Theory said:

....Im going to go with really stupid. The west coast even gets a tape delayed "live" broadcast of the new years ball drop, with "live" plastered all over the TV, even though it's nowhere near live.

You can't be serious right? Here, go to the grammy thread and read over it. Youll notice people comment....and then the comments start again as the west coast viewers tune in 3 hours later.

Hawaii viewers need to avoid the internet for 6 whole hours.

Are you new to television? The only thing that gets aired at the same time are sporting events

So today I will bail out of everything lost related in the internet because too many spoilers are leaking up and i actually read a major spoiler* about smokey and the latest promo was super spoilery so I wanna avoid further spoiling ( and Especially after the episode airs since i wont be watching it live so I'll be bailing out of the entire internet because everybody will be talking about it )

See you in 36 hours!

* thank god the spoiler was coded behind a joke i didnt understand ( "lol doesnt luke look too much like vader?") so i really didnt spoiled for those who wanna know heres the spoiler:

FCK now that i thought about it i think i figured it out i hope im wrong...

WARNING POSSIBLE BIG SPOILER DONT HIGHLIGHT
"its that gay dude dancing since early in the show"
not my words i think hes refering to
The security guy at dharma the one with long hair cant remember his name he was drunkenly dancing in one or 2 episodes

Catalix

^ dude the fuck??

threenote said:
I think he's joking...but I'm not sure.
I honestly can't tell :lol

Catalix

The more Jackfaces the better.

So, I had these in the kitchen for years, but just noticed something funny about them today... :lol

banner-crackers.gif

Even weirder, the first scene of The Incident takes place in the late 1800 :eek:

Trying to steer clear of spoilers, but anyone notice the huge banner ad on youtube? Pluses over certain characters? Interesting.

Apologies if this has already been posted, I am reading over this thread quickly and warily.

Freyjadour said:
Trying to steer clear of spoilers, but anyone notice the huge banner ad on youtube? Pluses over certain characters? Interesting.

Apologies if this has already been posted, I am reading over this thread quickly and warily.

It's just an advert. The pluses are just links you can hover over to hear soundbites.

There might be some significance to the pluses, but we don't know the context of why they are there, so they cannot be considered a spoiler

I am going to keep a screen capture of it, and see do the pluses mean anything after tonight's episode

Keyser Soze said:
It's just an advert. The pluses are just links you can hover over to hear soundbites.

There might be some significance to the pluses, but we don't know the context of why they are there, so they cannot be considered a spoiler

I am going to keep a screen capture of it, and see do the pluses mean anything after tonight's episode

I didn't even hover over it :lol. Too afraid of being linked to previews!

Domino Theory

Crystal Dynamics
jamesinclair said:
I thought they filmed from 8:30-11:30pm?

....Im going to go with really stupid. The west coast even gets a tape delayed "live" broadcast of the new years ball drop, with "live" plastered all over the TV, even though it's nowhere near live.

You can't be serious right? Here, go to the grammy thread and read over it. Youll notice people comment....and then the comments start again as the west coast viewers tune in 3 hours later.

Hawaii viewers need to avoid the internet for 6 whole hours.

Are you new to television? The only thing that gets aired at the same time are sporting events

Nah, I was serious. I haven't really watched TV in years. I'm a Netflix/Instant + Hulu guy. S6 is not only going to be the first season of LOST I watch on TV as it's happening, but the first time I'm really watching a TV show in general as it's happeneing since Toonami aired DBZ episodes, haha.

My friends talked me into watching LOST in the Summer of 2009 so I just got S1-S4 from Netflix and got S5 from XBL.

Domino Theory said:
Nah, I was serious. I haven't really watched TV in years. I'm a Netflix/Instant + Hulu guy. LOST S6 is not only going to be the first season I watch on TV as it's happening, but the first time I'm really watching a TV show in general as it's happeneing since Toonami aired DBZ episodes, haha.

My friends talked me into watching LOST in the Summer of 2009 so I just got S1-S4 from Netflix and got S5 from XBL.

Welcome, but you are going to get soooooooooo pissed at the adverts.

Domino Theory

Crystal Dynamics
Keyser Soze said:
Welcome, but you are going to get soooooooooo pissed at the adverts.

I kno, rite.

I've been so used to seeing LOST in HD, whenever I want, without any breaks in-between.

The downgrade is going to hurt. :p

neorej

ERMYGERD!
Was watching Smoking Aces the other day (right after a re-watch of Lost S5 Finale) and the hotel security-dude made me go WTF.

smokingaces.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom