• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LOST 06.01: [FINAL SEASON PREMIERE] Official Thread Of Last Time We Get One Of These

Status
Not open for further replies.

Solo

brandonh83 said:
I don't have to load up on alcohol, Lost gets me drunk for me

I dont care if people are sober or drunk as a sailor, its just that, and maybe Im alone here, when Im drunk, I can barely see straight, let alone take in an episode of LOST :lol

SpeedingUptoStop

will totally Facebook friend you! *giggle* *LOL*
Tim-E said:
Just heard a story about the premiere in Hawaii this on Morning Edition. They interviewed a guy who was talking about people who put "Live together, die alone" in their wedding vows. :lol
You just got an idea, didn't you.

Solo said:
I dont care if people are sober or drunk as a sailor, its just that, and maybe Im alone here, when Im drunk, I can barely see straight, let alone take in an episode of LOST :lol

I don't know. The absolute first time I got wasted I was watching Fight Club, and I was new to drinking so didn't know what to expect, how long it would take to get drunk, etc. and suddenly the penguin in the ice cave scene made more sense to me than it ever had before.

And I don't even like Fight Club. But at least I finally understood it, thanks to alcohol.

Nameless

Solo said:
Why would you get shitfaced before the ep? :lol

john-locke-ben-linus.jpg

This is my first full day off since the holidays. I haven't seen a new Lost episodes in nearly 9 months. And despite my loyal service to my car I had to put it in the shop, so I'm stuck in the house all day. So the question is, Solo, Why wouldn't I get shitfaced before the episode?

Solo

Nameless said:
john-locke-ben-linus.jpg

This is my first full day off since the holidays. I haven't seen a new Lost episodes in nearly 9 months. And despite my loyal service to my car I had to put it in the shop, so I'm stuck in the house all day. So the question is, Solo, Why wouldn't I get shitfaced before the episode?

Like I said, man. I would have a few drinks before watching something light like Community or Chuck, but for something that is often hard enough to wrap your mind around dead sober, I must decline :lol

But I bow to you if you can walk and chew bubble gum at the same time.

SpeedingUptoStop

http://nymag.com/daily/entertainment/2010/02/lostss_nestor_carbonell_if_he.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed:+nymag/vulture+(Vulture+-+nymag.com's+Entertainment+and+Culture+Blog)
Lost’s Nestor Carbonell: If He Told People About the Final Season, ‘They Would Think I Made It Up'
via Vulture by Mike Ryan on 2/2/10

Lost begins its sixth and final season tonight, and we’re anxious for the show to finally solve one of its most enigmatic mysteries: the role of longtime (and we mean longtime) age-resistant, non-eyeliner wearing, consigliere to the Others, Richard Alpert. Vulture spoke to Nestor Carbonell, who plays Alpert, to try to get to the bottom of his role with the Others (he's not just an adviser!), why he kept retroactively showing up in John Locke's life, and what to expect from Richard in this final season — considering the last time we saw his leader, Jacob, he was roasting over an open fire.

We feel like after this conversation you're going to show up in the background of our old baby photos.
Yes, I have been in your past ... and I haven't changed a bit.

One of the biggest questions we have about Lost is: Who the hell is Richard Alpert? The guy is everywhere.
Well, that's been my question for three-and-a-half years. This year you will get the answers. I finally got the answers and I was blown away with what they came up with. There's a Richard Alpert–centric episode —
it's the ninth episode
— and it not only reveals almost all the questions about Alpert's origins, but it also answers a lot of questions about the mythology of the island at-large. Some really big reveals happen.

He's kind of cross between Tom Hagen from The Godfather and Dorian Gray.
Oh, yeah, absolutely. And I always thought — and until this season; I always wondered if they would address it — he's sort of caught in the middle. He's not quite a leader and he's not quite strictly an adviser. His power, or lack of power, must pull away at him or pull at his psyche or his ego. As we've seen, he's tapping leaders of the island. And he seems to know everything one day and the next day he doesn't seem to know much at all. He's gotta be a guy that has a complex and is a little frustrated.

That's a good point. In 1954 it seems he's running the operation; by the time the fake John Locke tells him to remove a bullet from the other John Locke, he seems quite dumbfounded.
Exactly! That particular thing is because [Locke] came to me before I knew it was going to happen, and as an adult. You're right. He's aware of so much but he's not aware of time travel. Time travel is something he had no knowledge of whatsoever.

Did Richard know that wasn't really Locke in the final episode of season five?
This is what the big reveal is [in the season premiere]. Jacob's death. What does that mean? Obviously he sees Locke's body come out of the coffin ... That's where, obviously, everything starts off this season. The ramifications of knowing Jacob is dead and wondering who Locke is. If Locke's in the coffin, who's in Jacob's lair?

People seem to think it's the Man in Black, right?
Well, you're going to find out very soon.

Does Richard finally take a side in the Others’ internal power struggle this season?
Yes. We all know Jacob dies. Once that news hits the island, there's going to be massive conflict between different groups. So that will be a spark to the grand conclusion of who's with whom and what are they going to do about it. That definitely rocks Alpert's world and he can no longer be a passive voice. He has to, on some level, take charge.

And then it's going to be revealed that Richard doesn't age, not because he's immortal, but because he uses Botox, and everyone will be disappointed.
Yeah, I exfoliate quite a bit. Exactly. Or he's a Vulcan. People are guessing vampire because that's in vogue right now. I couldn't guess it, I'll tell you that much. When I read it, I was pretty blown away. I had a sense but I wasn't close at all, and I certainly didn't realize the ride this guy had been on.

There's been speculation you wear eyeliner. Even Sawyer makes a crack at Richard's expense, calling him “your friend with the eyeliner.” Even in character, do you want to shout out that you're not wearing any makeup?
I love that in one nickname [Sawyer] takes down a character. Obviously that was a response to what we had all read online about whether or not I wore eyeliner on the show. It's always a good running gag, I've dealt with it since I was a little kid.

Are you approached on the street by Lost fans wanting spoilers? Does it rival the fans that used to hound you for Suddenly Susan spoilers?
[Laughs]. There weren't that many spoilers on Suddenly Susan. People are amazing. They're all very bright, they're all extremely loyal, and it's great when they come up and ask a question they know I can't answer.

Come on, it's the last season, they can't fire you for blabbing. Though, people probably wouldn't believe you. Like if you said after season four, "Next season everyone time-travels back to 1977 and Hurley writes the script for The Empire Strikes Back." They'd say, "Yeah, sure."
Exactly. If I told them, they would think I made it up anyway. It would be funny if I did know and told them, they would think nothing of it ... until they watched the finale.
Read more posts by Mike Ryan

Filed Under: chat room, lost, nestor carbonell, people, tv

Nameless

To be honest I'm not going to get that shitfaced. But I usually get a nice buzz for LOST. A nice glass of Vodka & OJ before the episode and one that I sip on during. It actually enhances the experience in a lot of ways:lol But I've always preferred watching content with substance while fucked as opposed to something slapstick *shrug*

EliCash

SpeedingUptoStop said:
This year you will get the answers. I finally got the answers and I was blown away with what they came up with. There's a Richard Alpert–centric episode —
it's the ninth episode
— and it not only reveals almost all the questions about Alpert's origins, but it also answers a lot of questions about the mythology of the island at-large. Some really big reveals happen.

Insert some sort of happy dance gif. or something here. Can't be bothered finding or choosing one.

Solo

$5 for me (7-14 business days for delivery), but Im in Canada. If you're in the States, probably less than that.

Tim-E

Nameless said:
To be honest I'm not going to get that shitfaced. But I usually get a nice buzz for LOST. A nice glass of Vodka & OJ before the episode and one that I sip on during. It actually enhances the experience in a lot of ways:lol But I've always preferred watching content with substance while fucked as opposed to something slapstick *shrug*

sazf6h.jpg

2q3c2g7.jpg

SpeedingUptoStop

Solo said:
$5 for me (7-14 business days for delivery), but Im in Canada. If you're in the States, probably less than that.
Yea, $2 stateside.

I'm rockin my dharma logos shirt today, helllllllllll yea.

Nameless

Solo said:

$11 included Shipping. Just ordered one. I've never purchased a piece of fan clothing that wasn't sports related before but I don't look at it as a T-Shirt, but as a symbol of an enlightened way of life.

OneEightZero

aka ThreeOneFour
Nameless said:
$11 included Shipping. Just ordered one. I've never purchased a piece of fan clothing that wasn't sports related before but I don't look at it as a T-Shirt, but as a symbol of an enlightened way of life.

Namaste. ^_^

Solo

Nameless said:

Same boat for me, man. Ive never purchased a TV show shirt, but this feels different. Its special, part of a design.

Ok I'm doing this, hate it or not.

Pick five things that interest you the most about Lost. Basically, a top three list of things you want to know about more than anything else. This may be impossibly hard for some of you and I hate to do these sort of poll things, but I'm just interested in knowing what the consensus may be concerning the most interesting/unanswered aspects about the show. You know, just to get a sort of frame of mind from everyone here, as this is the place where I do most of my discussion since most of my IRL friends are scowns, or only watch medical dramas like House.

Anyway, I'll start.

5. What is Richard Alpert's secret?
4. What is Ben's purpose?
3. Who is the real villain, Jacob or the other man?
2. Why are they on the island?
1. What is the island?

There are of course many other things that scratch at me, but those are the most prominent concerns I have.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
it makes me sad living the UK i cant watch it side by side you lot and "oooooo" and "awwww" and "omg i just passed out" with the rest of you :(

Ill be there in spirit

SpeedingUptoStop

What's the deal with THE OTHER PLANE FULL OF SURVIVORS that just crashed on the island? What's their role?

Caesar.

What's the deal with MIB/Jacob?

Locke/Jack.

Why the survivors of 815? Why specifically them?

SpeedingUptoStop said:

Can't wait for this. I suppose it has something to do with the extensive amounts of flashbacks we've been seeing throughout the show. At least, I'm hoping there's some kind of overarching point to all the flashbacks. Sure, they're excellent character development devices and I love them, but I do hope that in the end there is a reason for the structure and I hope it involves why each character was chosen.

Maybe not everyone on the plane has a point but come on, the main folk (Jack, Locke, Kate, Sawyer, Hurley, etc.) are on Oceanic 815 for a reason. It's just a matter of finding out what that reason is.

SpeedingUptoStop

20 years from now, I'm gonna hobble into a Lost convention in downtown LA, drunk and disordered like a real life Beardo Jack, and demand Lindelcuse tell me why they did my boy Caesar like that.

Nameless

SpeedingUptoStop said:
What's the deal with THE OTHER PLANE FULL OF SURVIVORS that just crashed on the island? What's their role?

Caesar.

What's the deal with MIB/Jacob?

Locke/Jack.

PREVIOUSLY ON LOST....

34zyba0.gif

danny20glover.jpg

lost_logo.jpg

Yaweee

Solo said:
Mine too, but they sort of HAD to do this one. They would have been lynched for never giving up the ghost on Richard.

I agree 100% on that. That was one of the three items that, if missing from S6, would cause me to go out and start a mini riot. Molotovs at cars, that sort of thing.

Still need a Dharma-centric episode (or any specific DI head honcho), and they need to show us the goddam Temple. The latter is certain to happen, but the DI boat may have already sailed =(

Blader

I'm sure all the big ones--Jack/Locke, Jacob/MIB, Smokey, Richard's origins, etc--are going to be resolved, but one question I want answered that I'm not sure will be answered is this:

How did Penny know about the island? And how did she know that Desmond was there?

Blader

Yaweee said:
Still need a Dharma-centric episode (or any specific DI head honcho), and they need to show us the goddam Temple. The latter is certain to happen, but the DI boat may have already sailed =(

What more do we need to know about Dharma?

Yaweee

SpeedingUptoStop said:

7 Badass Jack Moments
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gvIP...E12A2773&playnext=1&playnext_from=PL&index=11

For a doctor, he's one violent fucker. Didn't he have to take an oath or something?

Blader5489 said:
What more do we need to know about Dharma?

A bunch of things about their creation, initial interest in the island, and subsequent downfall still don't make any sense.

- I understand they're a bunch of fucking hippies that wanted to save the world, but why did they go to the island in the first place? "Oh, there's this moving island that's a gargantuan bitch to track down, and we have no reason to believe there's anything particularly special about the island otherwise, let's hire some astrophysicist friend of ours to find out a way to track down the island so we can set up experiments there"

- Generally, how did the DI learn about the special time properties of the island? Was it merely inferred from the fact that the island itself is constantly repositioning in space-time?

- Why is the Hanso family bankrolling the entire thing? His ancestor was on the Black Rock, but that's not sufficient justification. The two have to be connected somehow. Was the older Hanso an original leader of the others that got expelled like Widmore?

- "Oh shucks, a bunch of our scientists and janitors got gassed to death on that island we spent a whole bunch of time tracking down. Mission failed, time to wrap things up boys, store's closed!" The DI has extensive off-island facilities that should have continued operations even after the setback on the island.

- Why the hell would the DI build a chemical weapons plant (The Tempest) capable of gassing everything on the island to death?

SpeedingUptoStop

In the casting call Caesar was described as "a dangerous, physical and extremely intelligent male between the ages of 35 and 45. Although his intentions are unclear, this much is certain: he's as skillful at charming people as he is at killing them. He also has a dark past..."

Iwannaknowwhyyouwontgobacktotheisla.jpg

Nameless

SpeedingUptoStop said:
In the casting call Caesar was described as "a dangerous, physical and extremely intelligent male between the ages of 35 and 45. Although his intentions are unclear, this much is certain: he's as skillful at charming people as he is at killing them. He also has a dark past..."

Iwannaknowwhyyouwontgobacktotheisla.jpg

his future doesn't get much brighter :lol :lol :lol

Kimosabae

Banned
MMaRsu said:

Okay, typically I think shit like this is corny but... this is the best... thing, I've ever seen.

*Edit*

Hey guys, I won't able to watch the premiere tonight. How long does it typically take for an episode to make it on to HULU?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom