• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Kart 8 Patch Coming: On-TV Map, Stats Screen, and Improved Online

I actually haven't experienced any stability problems online. No lag, only a single connection drop out. Pretty impressive considering Australian internet is balls.

What I really want is a volume control option so I can turn up the music and turn down the annoying kart sounds.

It is great news that they are patching the game!

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS
Nintendo is patching... a game?

and it's not paid DLC?

herrera.gif

majik13

But...........................there are no triggers........

there are triggers, but, no analog triggers. What is the issue? Though. default gas is a face button. Also its mario kart if you arent always gassing it, or slamming on the brakes when needed, you are doing it wrong.

Jinfash

needs 2 extra inches
This is a step in the right direction. Now overhaul battle mode and add best lap ghosts to trial and I'll be content. I'll even buy any DLC you throw my way.

Really weird how there wasn't stats to begin with.

I guess it really was rushed. Which seems impossible due to how awesome all the tracks are lol.

Glad to finally have mah stats.

Sounds good, I just hope there's an option for the Map screen (or something like only for other controllers and off tv play). I play with the gamepad and don't mind keeping the map to the gamepad screen.

Glad they're adding some stuff and fixing some issues. Nice to see Nintendo be a little more proactive about that stuff.

Now if they'd just rebalance the weight classes.

devonodev

Remove fire hopping and make it work for bikes instead. Then I'll be happy.
Or just remove it that'd be good too I guess.

w00zey

What about being able to see how many coins you have? Is love to know how close I am to 10,000.

Edit never mind it should read more.

I actually love fire hopping, I hope they don't remove it.
I wouldn't mind it if it actually benefited all karts and bikes, but it's frustrating being someone who prefers and enjoys using the inside drifting bikes and being helpless to catch up to a kart user that hops efficiently. Also, I wouldn't feel sorry for people who had records removed if hopping is how they acquired those records.

Banned
Map on the screen, thank god. Even making it the default view on the gamepad would be an improvement.

Top Bottom