• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

McDonalds drops Chicken Selects, Apple-Walnut salad, possibly Angus Burgers from menu

Status
Not open for further replies.
More wraps? No thank you.

Big-Mac-Snack-Wrap-open.jpg

I remember the chicken wraps being pretty damn good when they first came out. Then after a few months the chicken strip got smaller and the wrap got bigger. It was like ordering a lettuce wrap.

As far as that burger wrap goes, fuck that. I would never wrap my lips around that

slit

Getting rid of the Angus burgers? Fuck You, MCDs!

The only way they could make this up to me is to bring back the Arch Deluxe.

ag-my001

What am I not understanding here? Mcwraps have been around for at least a couple years.

Larger margin I imagine, plus you can have "premium" wraps that cost 10 cents more to make but charge 50 cents more for.

Still ticked that McDonald's doesn't have cheap Filet-o-Fish through the entirety of Lent anymore. My favorite sandwich there and it's completely overpriced.

Damn it, Mushroom Angus burger is my favorite thing on the menu. Why Mickie Ds ;-;

At least there is hope for it remaining, plus spicy chicken sandwich! And just to make it known I don't eat at McDonalds that often so I'm not truly heartbroken. Would be a shame though.

oc

peanutbutterchocolate
Spicy chicken sandwich?! fuck yeah. we don't have that here. the only place that carries a spicy chicken sandwich is wendy's but that's too far from my job :(

RangersFan

honestly it's a smart move. as a regular mcdicks customer, these are the items i never order (other than the odd mushroom swiss angus). i see a lot of angus fans in here, besides the mushroom and swiss one, I never cared for them. the 1/3 angus meat doesn't taste as good as the qtr pounder meat. and chicken selects are way too expensive and don't taste as good as their mcnuggets. and seriously, who chooses selects over mcnuggets when going to mickey d's? no one.

While the Angus Burger doesn't have much flavor because the meat is bland as fuck it looked better thant what they prepare the other burger. Unsure if I can deal since when I do go McDonalds its for the anus selection

DJ_Lae

I remember the original Angus burgers they launched in Canada, and I remember being confused when I ordered one several months later and received a drier patty on a sawdust bun instead of the pretty decent ciabatta one I had before.

I actually tried one of the chicken selects the other day - mushroom melt, I think. It was surprisingly good, and only 50 cents more than a big mac meal I think.

I generally only eat breakfast there, though I don't eat at McDonalds an awful lot.

coopolon

The Angus burger was the first thing I ate at McDonald's in probably over ten years and it was so dry I took it back up to the counter to try to get another one and the manager told me that is how they are supposed to be. It was awful.

Dropping shit is a good idea, they need way less clutter on their menu. The real move McDs needs to make though is make Breakfast all day. Breakfast is the one thing McDonalds has over the competition. Burgers are better at Wendys and Carls Jr.

Phoenix

While the Angus Burger doesn't have much flavor because the meat is bland as fuck it looked better thant what they prepare the other burger. Unsure if I can deal since when I do go McDonalds its for the anus selection

How much anus do you see when you go there?

having eaten mcdonalds recently in melbourne when I was on holiday

their fries are shit

their angus burgers are shit

go eat burgerking or any other burger joint.

I might drop in and eat an apple pie (maybe).

their food is just abysmal

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Because most of the cattle areas of the country have had such brutle hot summers with extreme droughts, beef prices have practically doubled in the past few years. What probably happened is that when it came time to renew their "angus" beef contracts, the price was too high and the item is likely already priced out of their target demographic. The ray of hope that they're offering is probably them trying to find a new supplier or an attempt to beat down their supplier by pulling capacity in another product.

If Australia hasn't had the same problems, it would reason that you'd still see it there.

No clue about the chicken selects....that's probably motivated by logistics, fryer room, and lack of demand maybe?

Grinchy

Banned
I always found the angus burgers revolting. They have this weird tarty taste that meat shouldn't have.

I liked the chicken select strips every now and then, thought they were way too expensive.

Doogdogg

I thought the chicken selects were removed once already? I like them when they first came out. But it's outrageous how much they charge for it.

I liked the big & tasty an the arch deluxe. Never cared much for the angus burgers.

McDonalds is scrambling to compete as they are being assaulted from all sides by competitors offering better options.

I would like to be a fly on the wall in their corporate headquarters just once to see how these decisions play out.

Phoenix

I thought the chicken selects were removed once already? I like them when they first came out. But it's outrageous how much they charge for it.

They have been swapping in chicken wings from time to time as a market research item and they are pretty decent. I think they may be pulling the selects to reintroduce them nationwide - if they have perfected the taste/prep of them.

Kusagari

Ughh, the Chicken Selects were overpriced but whenever I wanted chicken from McDonalds I had to get them.

McDonalds chicken nuggets are, bar none, the worst in fast food. They taste like complete shit and it blows my mind so many people like them.

massoluk

Banned
Hmm. both Chicken Selects and Angus Burgers are usually the ones I order IF I have to eat at McDonald's. They are not the greatest food, but probably the better ones of their entire menu. :\
Nothing they have is in the league of Wendy's.

I noticed my local McDonalds dropped the Chicken Selects like 3 months ago, and they never fixed the menu because the combos go from 11 X 13

ZaCH3000

McDonald's spicy chicken sandwich is the best. All McDonald's needs are Big Macs, McNuggets, double cheeseburgers, french fries, and their spicy chicken sandwiches. The chicken BLT is pretty good to but I don't get it consistently.

CrankyJay

Banned
McDonald's spicy chicken sandwich is the best. All McDonald's needs are Big Macs, McNuggets, double cheeseburgers, french fries, and their spicy chicken sandwiches. The chicken BLT is pretty good to but I don't get it consistently.

I never understood why they don't offer mac sauce on other burgers...like a mini mac or something. Hell, even let people order it on the side so they can dip their fries in it.

ZaCH3000

I never understood why they don't offer mac sauce on other burgers...like a mini mac or something. Hell, even let people order it on the side so they can dip their fries in it.

You can order Mac sauce on the side for fry dipping! I do it all the time. They charge like .50c for it but its worth it.

I've always wondered why the McRib and Shamrock Shake (which is currently in stores now!) are the only formerly discontinued items McDonalds continues to bring back for a limited time. Why don't they briefly bring back other cult classic items like the Arch Deluxe, Big N' Tasty, McPizza, McLobster, or these soon to be discontinued items like the Chicken Selects!

The Arch Deluxe was a massive and expensive failure. I assume the Big N Tasty was replaced by the Angus burgers, and I don't think those other items ever went national.

Sophia

Chicken Selects are gone? Well, crap. Guess I'm never ordering from McDonalds again when forced to. Those were about the only good thing on their menu.

Ripclawe

Banned
Burger King and Wendy's recently mimicked McDonald's by adding coffee drinks, smoothies and salads. Then, they used their smaller size to their advantage by introducing a barrage of limited-time and seasonal menus.

Because of its massive size, McDonald's has to test new food items rigorously. Smaller chains can simply pull food flops and move on.

Mcdonalds is that much bigger than BK and wendys?

GungHo

Single-handedly caused Exxon-Mobil to sue FOX, start World War 3
Mcdonalds is that much bigger than BK and wendys?
Per wikipedia,
McDonalds: 34,000+ chains world wide.
Burger King: 12,667 (though I thought I once saw as news report that put it more in the 20k range)
Wendy's: 6,650

Konka

Banned

You can get mac sauce on any burger. Order a mcdouble with no ketchup or mustard add lettuce and mac sauce. Done.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom