• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

McDonalds drops Chicken Selects, Apple-Walnut salad, possibly Angus Burgers from menu

Status
Not open for further replies.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Mcdonalds is that much bigger than BK and wendys?

http://www.burgerbusiness.com/?p=13388

Increasingly, the QSR business is a global enterprise, so true systemwide sales that include international are the real measure of brand power. Burger King’s global sales in 2012 were $15.84 billion and Wendy’s, with just 374 international units, isn’t there yet. And neither is close to catching McDonald’s Corp.’s global sales, which were $85.9 billion in 2011 and will pass the $90 billion mark for 2012 when results are announced next month.

SRG01

Because most of the cattle areas of the country have had such brutle hot summers with extreme droughts, beef prices have practically doubled in the past few years. What probably happened is that when it came time to renew their "angus" beef contracts, the price was too high and the item is likely already priced out of their target demographic. The ray of hope that they're offering is probably them trying to find a new supplier or an attempt to beat down their supplier by pulling capacity in another product.

If Australia hasn't had the same problems, it would reason that you'd still see it there.

No clue about the chicken selects....that's probably motivated by logistics, fryer room, and lack of demand maybe?

Yep, sounds about right. Now, if they had a regular menu item with mushroom and swiss, I'd be satisfied.

Chris R

As long as they don't touch my McKinley Mac (Big Mac with 1/4lb patties) I'll be ok. It's been awhile since I've had one but man they are crazy good.

I was in McDonalds earlier today after reading this thread and imagine my surprise when i saw that they had a sign up saying that you could start getting some breakfast items after midnight.

The Chicken Selects and the Angus burgers where two of my favorites from McDonalds. :( The hot & spicy McChicken has been on the dollar menu for years here in Utah, I would like the regular one back though.

kaskade

Indeed. That's what they get for charging too damn much for them. Nobody bought any anymore because they started to price them too high. I'm not paying $4-$5 for 3 chicken tenders and no drink or fries. C'mon, nah.
Exactly. Nuggets are 20 for 5 bucks. Plus they have a like secret dollar 6 nugget thing so you could actually get 30 for 5 or whatever multiple of 6 you want. I'm not sure if that still works though. Kinda hard to compare the nuggets and selects though. Two different tastes.

The only real reason I eat McDonalds is if I want to eat dirt cheap. I can fill up for 3 bucks.

Darryl

Banned
Indeed. That's what they get for charging too damn much for them. Nobody bought any anymore because they started to price them too high. I'm not paying $4-$5 for 3 chicken tenders and no drink or fries. C'mon, nah.

jeez, they're $2.80 for 3 around here

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom