• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

McDonalds drops Chicken Selects, Apple-Walnut salad, possibly Angus Burgers from menu

Status
Not open for further replies.

akira28

McDonalds Mighty Wings were the shit. Almost too expensive, and that one woman did find a fried chicken head in her bag once. But they were they best fast food wings you could get without going to a chicken shack.

Dead Man

Ironically, the Angus burger line was inspired by a McDonald’s franchisee in Southern California, Mike Pernecky, who wanted a product to compete in the upscale-burger category.

What's ironic about that?

I once hallucinated I was the leader of a biker gang after eating an Arch Deluxe back when they were released. Thanks for the food poisoning MCDonalds.

Darryl

Banned
angus burger is understandable, but chicken selects! that's my favorite thing on the menu. what chicken they gonna put in their wraps now? that grilled shit?

they should make the standard mcchickens less spicy.

i can handle it but i prefer the no-spice variants available at Burger King(TM) and Wendy's(R)

Strike

God, what the fuck happened to their menu? Guess it's more Wendy's for me.
I once hallucinated I was the leader of a biker gang after eating an Arch Deluxe back when they were released. Thanks for the food poisoning MCDonalds.
Still the best damn sandwich they ever made.

Suite Pee

Willing to learn
Wait. I thought the chicken in the chicken snack wrap was just a Chicken Select? The snack wraps are pretty good.

Also, I thought Chicken Selects had a fuck ton of fat. But, I guess it's McDonald's.

markot

Banned
angusprint.jpg

turnbuckle

Angus burgers were pretty damned good for fast food. the cbo was excellent and the mushroom Swiss is the best thing on their menu other than the southern style chicken sandwich.

Ahh well, one more reason to avoid going there.

Trike

I got the mushroom and swiss before, as I am a fan of those kinds of burgers. I bit into it and got 80% mayonnaise in that bite, and almost vomited. It was the worst burger that I ever bought twice because I gave it the benefit of the doubt.

Nothing of value was lost today.

Also they used to have the spicy mcchickens on the dollar menu in the early 2000s, I am glad they are bringing them back.

Ugh. If any of that shit is replacing the mushroom & swiss, then count me out.

In this region the McDonald's got rid of the Angus burgers a while back, and as a fan of the Mushroom & Swiss I was kinda disappointed. But the Habanero Ranch Quarter Pounder burger is amazing. The other two options are there just as ghosts of their former Angus versions. The chicken selects have been off the menu for a while here already.

And I agree, the CBO Angus was the best burger I've had at McDs. Too bad its gone.

Crispy snack wraps use half a crispy chicken patty now (same chicken as Southern Style sandwich).

The new McWraps are amazing though. There are three variations all of them are on a 10 inch tortilla and use an entire crispy or grilled chicken patty so they're big wraps, not small like the snack wraps. The three variations are Sweet Chili, Chicken and Ranch, and Chicken and Bacon. Each has shredded lettuce, spring mix, shredded cheese. They use Rice Vinegar, Sweet Chili, and Ranch sauces, depending which one you get, with variations of full bacon strips, and cucumbers on the others. I liked them at least.

Zizbuka

Banned
Don't eat at McDonalds very often, but Selects was the only thing I would get. Oh well, probably better for my health.

Wubby

Wow I loved that mushroom swiss one. Haven't had it in years though.

Could be worse for you guys. McDonalds here in Japan just has regular Big Macs and quarter pounders. I love the limited time special burgers when they have them but they only last for about a month. Then you are stuck with big mac or QP. And only two choices for nugget sauce, mustard and BBQ.

As an employee I wouldn't mind the angus burger going away, it hardly sells and when it does people seem to order like 3-4 which always cause us to hold as we frantically cook more (we keep only 1 piece of meat per tray cause it sells so slow). Also to the guy who asked the angus meat is not the same as the 1/4 pounder.

Also it'd be odd to see the selects go away simply because that would indicate we're getting rid of our crispy chicken snack wraps which use the selects. I guess they could be replaced with half a piece of crispy premium chicken but that would hurt profits so it makes no sense.

Out store got rid of the fruit and walnut salad awhile ago, it sold horribly and we often would throw them away because they expired so quickly.

strobogo

Banned
I'm really amazed that there aren't breakfast only stores in large cities like LA or NYC. Or even air ports. That seems like something worth trying in huge markets I would think.

Mirk

I am pissed atm. Going into work at 5am is not my norm... ever but due to being so busy I have work over time on sat. I come to find out this morning the Steak McSkillet burreto is done! The only good thing about being up at this ungodly hour was I could get one of these babys. :( feels bad man.

Axiology

DerZuhälter;48697278 said:
Why are none of these burgers available at McDonalds in Germany?

What do we get instead? Fucking this.
9pXiZTD.png

Fuck you McDonalds.

That's the wurst meal I've ever seen.

Link Man

Banned
And the McD's grill persons will rejoice at never having to make the mushrooms again.

Still, sad to lose great items (for a fast food joint).

LuchaShaq

Banned
What?

The angus burgers are the only good things on their menu, other than the breakfast options.

While the angus burgers are likely the least gross thing on their menu, people do not go to fast food for "good" food. They go to stuff their fat faces with as many dollar sandwhiches/fries as possible.

I like more spanish mcdonalds. When I went to america in 2011, I had the first time a Big Mac, and it wasnt as good as the spanish one. The next time, I had an angus (theres no angus in spain), and thought it was amazing. So its a pity they would take that out of the menu.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Never seen those in the UK and we're the home of Angus. Maybe they're worried the Angus Steak House will be sad.

Though I hope Chicken Selects stay here. It's the one thing my dad likes to get if he ever pops in there.

big_z

As an employee I wouldn't mind the angus burger going away, it hardly sells and when it does people seem to order like 3-4 which always cause us to hold as we frantically cook more (we keep only 1 piece of meat per tray cause it sells so slow). Also to the guy who asked the angus meat is not the same as the 1/4 pounder.

according to the fda angus meat is made from engorged horse cock they run through a meat slicer. the normal burger meat is from every grindable part of the cow.

Epcott

Nooooo, my beloved angus with mushroom and swiss!

That was the only McDonalds burger I actually enjoyed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom